Section II - Core: Crime and Human Rights (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you find this section?

Part A - Short Answer
Part B - Extended Response

Jongnie

HSC
It wasn't international crime or youth offenders ... Oh to the lord

Exotic

HSC
Was the question even in the syllabus? I believe there were a lot of "fuaarkks" when everyone saw the 15 marker for Crime :)

Jongnie

HSC
LOL, the human rights questions were the bloody same ? i was like wdaf... faurkkk... surprisingly multiple choice was easy..

Exotic

HSC
What were the questions?
Something like "Explain the tension between community standards and the individual rights and freedoms within the criminal justice system." Totally unexpected.

enoilgam

HSC
Something like "Explain the tension between community standards and the individual rights and freedoms within the criminal justice system." Totally unexpected.
Man am I glad I did the HSC last year - wtf is that.

Exotic

HSC
I still don't know what they are asking ...
I basically talked about how individuals have personal interests and they often come into conflict with community interests because community's interest lies in protecting society in general. Used a couple of acts and some case study (idk if i got it correct lol) and the rest was bs. Hopefully theryre a bit lenient with marking and give us marks for our answers.

Jongnie

HSC
I basically talked about how individuals have personal interests and they often come into conflict with community interests because community's interest lies in protecting society in general. Used a couple of acts and some case study (idk if i got it correct lol) and the rest was bs. Hopefully theryre a bit lenient with marking and give us marks for our answers.
how does that relate to the criminal justice system ? :S:S:S, i thought it was about sentencing criminals, and how they have rights n shit while society believes that they don't have rights ??? idk... seriously weird, i still wrote about young offenders cause that's all i studied LOL ... w/e HSC is over , and wow legal hurt my but so much

Exotic

HSC
how does that relate to the criminal justice system ? :S:S:S, i thought it was about sentencing criminals, and how they have rights n shit while society believes that they don't have rights ??? idk... seriously weird, i still wrote about young offenders cause that's all i studied LOL ... w/e HSC is over , and wow legal hurt my but so much
Yeah i didnt write that here. i spoke how they have different and clashing interests in the justice system e.g. a criminal tries to take advantage and gain something illegally or commit a crime and society through public prosecution tries to defend its own interests i.e. welfare of society. somehow linked with evidence and used a case study for inadmissable evidence. if i get marks, well ill be pretty happy with that. if i do shit i dont care, it was a crap question anyway :)

crazybea

HSC
N/A
gosh people

u talk about whatever u want in the topic

was drop dead easy

u can talk about young offenders, criminal trial process, sentencing

whatever u wanted that demonstrated the tension

it wasnt specific
just wide open to any topic

so it was easy if u didnt study everything

crazybea

HSC
N/A
e.g. Young Offenders: Doli incapax protects the rights of the Child (individual) under CROC but the communities interest are towards retributive punishments for the protection of society - article 'Children Aged 12 should be tried like Adults' (SMH)

represents the tension

Exotic

HSC
e.g. Young Offenders: Doli incapax protects the rights of the Child (individual) under CROC but the communities interest are towards retributive punishments for the protection of society - article 'Children Aged 12 should be tried like Adults' (SMH)

represents the tension
Youre pretty much right, it was a question that was open to interpretation. But what throws everyone off is the fact that it wasnt a syllabus question, neither the word "tension" is ever mentioned. A bit scandalous but when you actually get over the initial shock it wasnt that hard. Just mind twisting.

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
gosh people

u talk about whatever u want in the topic

was drop dead easy

u can talk about young offenders, criminal trial process, sentencing

whatever u wanted that demonstrated the tension

it wasnt specific
just wide open to any topic

so it was easy if u didnt study everything
I was about to drop dead with laughter until I saw this .. Thank you Someone who had studied and knew the syllabus .. The question was easy it pretty much said ok listen use any part of the syllabus you want and answer this question

I talked about
Criminal trial process , young offenders, sentencing and punishment, diversionary programs , focused on the tension between plea bargaining and community aswell as it doesn't provide justice for victims .. If you found this question hard I am truly in shock

yourthevoys

HSC
N/A
I cant believe some of you found this hard, the only easier question was world order (B) but honestly you could of talked so much shit for this, i didnt study and still won the question, its all about ANYTHING, anything that causes people to get angry, e.g. cleche gang rape case, R v Skaf...... boom sit the fuck down hsc 15/15 for crime

Sculzyoner

HSC
I was about to drop dead with laughter until I saw this .. Thank you Someone who had studied and knew the syllabus .. The question was easy it pretty much said ok listen use any part of the syllabus you want and answer this question

I talked about
Criminal trial process , young offenders, sentencing and punishment, diversionary programs , focused on the tension between plea bargaining and community aswell as it doesn't provide justice for victims .. If you found this question hard I am truly in shock
Basically the tension between being 'tough' on bail and the infringement of freedom

- DNA- community wants people to be locked up, yet DNA can be "flawed"
- Bail- Bail Act 1977 --> presumption of favor of bail for ALL but one offence --> 18 amending acts removed presumption in favour of bail for one or more offence --> dichotomy between presumption of innocence and preventing people from absconding/reoffending
- Police powers- tough stance on bail can result in potentially negative outcomes i.e. haneef
- Plea bargaining- community pressure on DPP to make quick decision can result in the infringement of liberty of victim i.e. nanatte may, aaron linskens
- Legal Aid- community usually resentful toward giving supposed 'criminals' free legal aid, yet precedent of 'legal rep' through dietrich

did much more as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)