Section II - Crime (1 Viewer)

anthonybarhoush

that crime question was lame ..my legal teacher is putting in a formal complain because that shit on males and females is nowhere at all in the syllabus and the 12 mark question was so broad you didnt know what to write about

HSC
that whole exam was fkd..i've never bullshitted so much in my life. i feel like crying! but if everyone did shit it'll b ok...thank God for scaling!!

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
ngmares said:
well if someone can see where it says in the sylabus about that comparing male/female offenderers question then I'd love to see it and I'm sure a lot of other people would

umm did it really ask 2 compare males and females. i didnt..:S the Q wasnt focused on the soley.. that was like maybe a brief paragraph.. it was mostly about the fact that they r young offenders

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
part c was fucked, but it was in the syllabus. in a round about stupid board of studies way.

part c, if i can remember the god-forsaken syllabus correctly, is covered under the last dot-point of Legal Issues and Remedies, which says:

- assessing the efficiency and the effectiveness of various forms of legal measures in achieving justice through researching a current criminal justice issue.

therefore, by researching juvenile justice as a current criminal justice issue, you would know that there was a difference between male and female offenders and the problems they encounter.

if your teacher wasn't psychic like mine and said all year "i bet crime will be on juvenile justice" then you probs wouldn't have studied it, and got screwed over. but it is in the syllabus. shitty i know.

and i hate global environment.

Valeroso

HSC
Mz_mE said:
im so confused.. no where on that paper did it say compare and contrast males to females.. it said compare and contrast the problems faced b those offenders.. i think they threw in the genders to confuse people..
You know, I thought so also! I spent 5 minutes (yes, thats right! 5 minutes of my precious examination time) underlining key words in that stupid question TRYING to figure out what in God's name it wanted me to respond do! Pft, heres the question:

Compare and contrast the problems faced by young male and young female offenders when they come into contact with the criminal justice system

Now I was under the impression that they only added in "Young male" and "Young female" offenders so they can be objective and not sexist. (Ha, how smart I am!) You know, political correctness and stuff? And I could NOT remember or even think about any time in Legal Studies where male offenders and female offenders were treated differently, so the whole compare and contrast the genders thing seemed abit off, so I didn't compare and contrast them.

So where does that leave me? It leaves me to discover what they'd experience once they come into contact with le Criminal justice system. But since it said "Compare and Contrast", I again had no idea what the hell they were asking me to do because that question virtually seems impossible to answer.

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
jezzza said:
i think it was just a bullshit exam.....

i dont think it had much to do with studying the legal studies text book and syllabus anyways. you could just crap on...

did anyone also write about doli incopax in the juvenille contrasting between the adults in the end?

i also wrote about childrens court how it was closed and 'in the camera' and so kids and stuff wouldnt have as much publicity to the media etc.

i also wrote how the financial costs were placed greater on the juvenille then with the adult and also i wrote about how this tied in their eduction and instituionalised inequality??

can anyone comment on what i just said?
yeah i talked about doli incapax for that bit, threw in shit on the corey davis case. that was my crowning glory moment of the exam. that and my wankerish essay on family.

sly fly

HSC
I wrote exactly the same as u jezza. I didn't do it too eloquently though lol

jezzza

i think it was just a bullshit exam.....

i dont think it had much to do with studying the legal studies text book and syllabus anyways. you could just crap on...

did anyone also write about doli incopax in the juvenille contrasting between the adults in the end?

i also wrote about childrens court how it was closed and 'in the camera' and so kids and stuff wouldnt have as much publicity to the media etc.

i also wrote how the financial costs were placed greater on the juvenille then with the adult and also i wrote about how this tied in their eduction and instituionalised inequality??

can anyone comment on what i just said?

nooluvzmicky

HSC
o man, i thought that that 7mark question wasnt too bad until u guys all told me i did it completely wrong!!! i dont know how we were supposed to know that we werent supposed to compare and contrast males to females, fuck political correctness give us a question we can actually answer!! im so depressed now!

Valeroso

HSC
Mellonie said:
also females have emotional inadequacy... compared to males therefore uno like the judge could take pity on females more

expanded on each of them
Hahaha, that's actually quite funny. Lets hope you don't have a feminist-lesbian sort of examiner. (Not that there's anything wrong with feminists or lesbians *angelic face*)

Mellonie

HSC
nooluvzmicky said:
o man, i thought that that 7mark question wasnt too bad until u guys all told me i did it completely wrong!!! i dont know how we were supposed to know that we werent supposed to compare and contrast males to females, fuck political correctness give us a question we can actually answer!! im so depressed now!

what u on u r supposed to compare and contrast

daniandrow

HSC
round about board of studies BS.... i fucked the whole exam but im glad its over now the board of studies can shove their stupid lying syllabus WHERE IS THE YOUNG FEMALE AND YOUNG MALE OFFENDER CRIME SECTION? i cant find COZ ITS NOT THERE!!!

nooluvzmicky

HSC
Mellonie said:
what u on u r supposed to compare and contrast

if you read these other posts ull realise that their gender had nothing to do with it.. i dont understand whats goin on?? was it supposed to be males vs females or jst juveniles full stop??

daniandrow

HSC
i dont think anyone actually knows (including my teacher) but the question says:
compare and contrast the problems faced by young male and young female offenders when they come into contact with the criminal justice system

Valeroso

HSC
forceblade said:
i am so THERE! so when we gona do it
Yay! We've got a convert! Alright, meet me at my place at 7 with the other couple of hundred other angry people. Heh, but in all seriousness, I gave the Board of Studies number to my friend who was at a Shopping Centre just so she can make a few calls (free of course), with the Pay Phone. You know how you call up numbers with a pay phone and it instantly hangs up? WELL, I shall learn their number off by heart and if I am ever at a pay phone, they shall get quite a few calls from me. :) (But hey, the prank idea is MUCH better)

Oh and um, if you need to er...ask them..."questions", here is their er...their number!

Phone:
(02) 9367 8111

(They work from 8.30 to 5.00pm..PLEEENTTY OF TIMMEEE......to ask questions of course :))

nooluvzmicky

HSC
i think ill jst pretend anyone ever mentioned all this and go on my merry way that it was about males vs females.. that'll work :p hehe

nooluvzmicky

HSC
what are our complanits gunna do tho? we've already done it.. not like we can re-sit it again..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah crime was ok except for question c. i checked my notes (which are prefixed with the syllabus) and that isn't in there. they shouldn'tve asked it. i just made it all up. i made up some study the law dept of UNSW apparently did and shoved in some fake statistics :p

Valeroso

HSC
Hm, nah, they need pranking just so they can realise how despised they are across the state. And hey, why not incorporate some complaints WITHIN your pranking? *I* like to call it complanking :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)