Section II - Crime (1 Viewer)

nooluvzmicky

HSC
to be honest i hope they screw over next year like they did us! GRR BOS pranking is lame but im pissed bout it so lets make the next generation suffer :p

nyomi

wat was that crime?

wat the hell was the go with the juvenille stuff? i did the 12 mark one all on adults then related ity back to jueviniles at the very end...i thought crime was crap, but i loved the essays

Smartie87

HSC
holy shit. i thought crime would be by 25/25!!! i was so clutching at straws. i wrote bout how the stats and info given showed that males and females commit diff crimes and the stigma attached to the male offender... and umm...... bout socia-economic factors, mandatory sentencing and its effects of children, police discretion in thinking young ppl are bad, and yeh!!! pretty much did poo. i wrote more for the 7 mark one than the 12.

butterflybird

HSC
to the assertion of some people that 'males and females' was just meant to trick us and it was just a politically correct 'people'

explain what we were supposed to COMPARE and CONTRAST then?
let us examine this reworded question

"compare and contrast the problems faced by young offenders when they come into contact with the criminal justice system"

under this question there is nothing to compare and contrast, if it was intended to have this meaning they would have said "DESCRIBE the problems faced by young offenders...."

thankyou logic wins again

on another note, i really think they'll have to re-think any grand expectations for that whole section and everyone'll be marked fairly. at least i hope so.

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
"compare and contrast the problems faced by young offenders when they come into contact with the criminal justice system"

that makes sense.. ur comparing and contrasting the different problems and the effects they hav on young offenders

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
yep thats what I thought if they didnt say compare and contrast then I thought it may be a general thing

I think if enough people do it both ways they will accept both
besides if they leave the question open for intepretation they deserve it :p

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
melsc said:
yep thats what I thought if they didnt say compare and contrast then I thought it may be a general thing

I think if enough people do it both ways they will accept both
besides if they leave the question open for intepretation they deserve it :p
yeah the male and female is not in the syllabus
it has to be on interpreation...

Valeroso

HSC
butterflybird said:
to the assertion of some people that 'males and females' was just meant to trick us and it was just a politically correct 'people'

explain what we were supposed to COMPARE and CONTRAST then?
let us examine this reworded question

under this question there is nothing to compare and contrast, if it was intended to have this meaning they would have said "DESCRIBE the problems faced by young offenders...."

thankyou logic wins again

on another note, i really think they'll have to re-think any grand expectations for that whole section and everyone'll be marked fairly. at least i hope so.
Well I don't exactly SEE how males and females would be treated DIFFERENTLY under a court of law. That would be discrimination afterall and I always figured we lived in a system that tried to promote procedural fairness. You know? Lack of bias? Hm, I guess not. Will be interesting to read the Examiner opinions about the exams.

b-rex

HSC
dani_danoz said:
The 7 mark question on males and females is NOWHERE in the syllabus. My teacher is on the phone right now ringing the Board of Studies asking about it.
yeah thats what i thought
i didnt recognise it...
and i didnt think it allowed us to answer using all the stuff we had learnt... FROM the syllabus...
stuff i was talking about didnt really even relate to criminal law at all... more "general knowlegde" crap about lack of education for the youth.. and how boys arnt treated as well as girls..

crap crap crap.

mcselecta

HSC
you are a tool

white_spazzy said:
i thought it was the easiest crime question i had seen out of all the papers i looked at. however the questions were a little bit curly...not the typical

u are full of shit, if that was the easiest question u can suck my ass

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
Do you know what this question reminds me of?

In England they put fake eggs into pidgeons nests so that the birds stop over populating and they sit on fake eggs trying to hatch them. This question is complete rubbish (it doesn't make sense) but we as half-wit birds, sit on it and try to bullshit our answer (we try to hatch the answer, but it never came). lol! BoS makes us out to be pidgeons. lol! :S

This question anoys me, and i still havent seen an answer yet.

is that pigeon story even a question or is it a statement?

yogi_yogi

HSC
phwoar!!! stupid stupid question....prolly one of the worst i had thru all the past legal exams from 99 up.
was this juvenile business even in the syllabus?
sheesh this was a bad section for me even though i wrote 10 pages....10 pages of dribble that is
Attention BOS regarding Legal 2005 test: The Lucas Heights Dump called and they want their rubbish back

butterflybird

HSC
lol are you dissing the pigeon story?
i like it :) trying to hatch a plastic egg is the perfect metaphor for legal studies questions sometimes

madison00

HSC
those questions were all an absolute load of shi.te! seriously who thought of them?!?!

HSC
I thought to myself, I learnt all this crap on crime, like the biggest topic, I was determined to put it somewhere, and that is where I put it, just a general scrap heap of crap crap and beautiful, lovely crap.

mrkotter

it wasnt too bad to my mind. Yeh it was on a small bit of the syllabus but who cares u get fed in the a sometimes. I thought the hardest one to answer was the 4 marker on ways to prevent juvenile crime. Looking back at it now wish i remembered diversionary crimes

My biggest problem was spelling juvenile i kept trying to spell it juvinile.

tabularasa

HSC
egh c i hahd no idea
d it took me forver but i came out with like some alright points. BAsically i said stuff about, juvies more likely to get no convction record on first offence, media canot be involved, greater focus on rehab, while adults opposite of all that and they have great access to legal system. i hope thats what your supposed to do.

aimsley

HSC
*n.a.t.a.l.i.e* said:
I thought to myself, I learnt all this crap on crime, like the biggest topic, I was determined to put it somewhere, and that is where I put it, just a general scrap heap of crap crap and beautiful, lovely crap.

Couldn't agree more...here I am putting all this study into this subject, and I have to churn out the biggest load of bullshit in my life...This doesn't even test students, it makes me think why did i study crime? Did me no good anyway...I dont get the motivation for ppl writing this exam to do this to the students..it was a load of shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)