Section II - Crime (1 Viewer)

babi_girl

HSC
I actully found the crime section the easiest, i managed to write 14 pages.

Valeroso

HSC
pig_93 said:
i mean, is all they can do is scale us better? cos thats bullshit. it needs to be publically addressed.

its utter bullshit.
everyone agrees.

if its not in the syllabus, they cannot put this shit in. its unnacceptable THATS THE BOTTOM LINE
Haha, let's play close attention to Today Tonight or A Current Affair on Monday, shall we? Given the fact that the Media is reported to lurk around these forums and all.

butterflybird

HSC
Valeroso said:
Haha, let's play close attention to Today Tonight or A Current Affair on Monday, shall we? Given the fact that the Media is reported to lurk around these forums and all.
THAT would be damn hilarious.
I can see the story now:
Stony faced high cheek-boned reporter: "Last Friday morning thousands of young students across the state went to a Legal Studies exam, their hopes high, their futures bright. But THEN..
*cut to scene of education minister walking in slow-mo from an important looking building*
Reporter:.... they hadn't seen THIS coming
*Close up on legal studies paper with offending question highlighted*
Reporter: JUVENILE justice!
*Close up on syllabus*
Reporter: "Now as you can see, there are no provisions for this question within the Board of Studies guidelines"
*Cut to interview with raving parent*
Parent: MY CHILD'S FUTURE!! RUINED!! *SOBSOBSOB* It's just disgusting! WHERE is the justice for these young people???
Reporter: "It seems that the Board of Studies must take serious measures to see that bungles such as this.... do not happen again" *Meaningful nod*
*Cut to Naomi Robson shaking her head in dismay* "What IS the world coming to?"

as you can see i got a bit carried away in the moment there.
but you know, the media DOES exert considerable persuasive pressure and can mobilise the power of public opinion in order to seek justice for individuals and the community ;)

and if current affairs programmes get their controversy from these forums? god damn... funny if my story outline turns up on tv in a few days time... keep a look out :)

Valeroso

HSC
Haha, nice enactment. It would be impossible to display most of my posts up cause they contain a great level of profanity. =) But hey, even if they decide to get rid of that question - I'll regret not spending enough time on the last question. The beauty of the HSC though is that the last 2 Units aren't countered hence I won't be as surprised if Legal Studies happens to be my last subject. They could have been AT LEAST abit more specific in their bloody attempt to trick students. Ambiguity will be the end of us all! :p

Kean

HSC
^^^^
LOL

Well we have to be right like someone else said before me, because it wasnt us who noticed the question wasnt in the syllabus it was our LEGAL TEACHERS. We just thought that we were a bunch of idiots who know nothing.

a n j a l i

Anjali
HSC
Carmen000 said:
Gee is anyone else glad they studied THE WHOLE ENTIRE CHAPTER OF CRIME to be examined on a tiny little stupid bit about crappy little children.
I sympathise with you entirely. What happened to Plea bargaining, Post sentencing decisions, the Criminal processes...?

Kean

HSC
a n j a l i said:
I sympathise with you entirely. What happened to Plea bargaining, Post sentencing decisions, the Criminal processes...?
Its kind of depressing really isnt it, not only in the subject of crime but every subject we do maths, english. Weve studied massive units just for dismal 2-3 hour exam.

AFI

HSC
makes me feel better at least knowing that every1 struggled with this question. Basically the people that seemed to write alot of pages at my school prety much just dumped down the crime styllabus however i highly doubt it is relevant to the question...hopefully the marks for crime are low state wide..thus not effecting band categories.

forceblade

HSC
kouklitsa said:
oh yes and i also want to add that i spoke to my friend who is doing first year law.. he had NO IDEA about how to answer that.. i knew more than him

my cousin, a lawyer of 6 years who has worked in the biggest law firm in sydney also didnt really know how to answer... she thought it was stupid. now what does that say?
that your cousin and freind sucks at legal study?

iranian rocket

HSC
did anyone think maybe the question was not asking to compare and contrast between males and females but rather between the problems themselves, faced by young people (both male and female)???

and also talk about recidivism and stuff?

Girra_girl

HSC
iranian rocket said:
did anyone think maybe the question was not asking to compare and contrast between males and females but rather between the problems themselves, faced by young people (both male and female)???
I guess so...that's what I sorta did so I hope so. I am totally clueless...you all sound so smart...recidivism...*hides under the bed*

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Thinking back, I don't think I wrote enough on post-sentencing decisions effecting young people in the CJS compared to adults...but the way I see it CJS only counts up to the trial :p

Smartie87

HSC
hmm at it appears that all hopes of my law degree were washed away yesterday when i turned to section 2 of the legal exam... god damn it. ya work ya ass off all year, read the textbook 5 times the night b4 to brush up on defences, cases etc and u get asked that! i actually struggled more with the 12 marker, cuz i used all my brain power for part c..

so thank u board of studies for killing off my future

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Smartie87 said:
hmm at it appears that all hopes of my law degree were washed away yesterday when i turned to section 2 of the legal exam... god damn it. ya work ya ass off all year, read the textbook 5 times the night b4 to brush up on defences, cases etc and u get asked that! i actually struggled more with the 12 marker, cuz i used all my brain power for part c..

ditto :( .

aimsley

HSC
Smartie87 said:

i reckon...i really don't get why anyone writing this stupid q would get any satisfaction out of it? Legal students failing coz they've learnt absolutely everything and got examined so freaking small? woohoo....
its kind of a kick in the face to learn everything to b asked on something like juveniles, and even more ridiculous is that our teacher who left our school half way through yr.12 never ACTUALLY taught us about juveniles
:(

jdrockefeller

HSC
I was gunning for crime to be rape, cos I would've nailed that section if it was, but as it was, this threw me totally and I could barely work in any LCMD. I'm thinking the marking will be pretty lenient to make up for the state cohorts confusion regarding the question.

Smartie87

HSC
yeh it better freakin be!! even the parts of the syllabus that could possibly be applied to these questions are so damn tiny, how do u milk 19 marks outta it????? JESUS!!!! i reckon the rest of my paper was pretty good, then crime, which i thought id get all my marks from, screws me up! RRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr now i have to get like 95-98 in my last 3 exams to try recover my uai... i had to change my uni preferences yesty to include a few unis for law where u only need a uai of like 90 haha and ill prob still get rejected!!! 13 years of skool and the board of studies puts a nice big fat slab of icing on the cake for me.

well guys feel free to come say hi to me sometime over the next 40 years when IM WORKING AT BIG W BECAUSE SOME IDIOT SCREWED ME OVER IN LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smartie87

HSC
what email did u ge them on?? i might do the same... maybe if everyone does, they will just...... not include the crime section in our mark :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)