Section II - Crime (1 Viewer)

Smartie87

HSC
cuz i really stuffed that ques. and i need 97.5 for uts 4 year course.... and i kinda didnt ace english cuz i read the essay question wrong in aos and another in modules so my essays weren't great.

kouklitsa

Smartie87 said:
hmm at it appears that all hopes of my law degree were washed away yesterday when i turned to section 2 of the legal exam... god damn it. ya work ya ass off all year, read the textbook 5 times the night b4 to brush up on defences, cases etc and u get asked that! i actually struggled more with the 12 marker, cuz i used all my brain power for part c..

so thank u board of studies for killing off my future

TOTALLY in the same boat as you. how do they expect us to get uais of 99.6 when they go screwing up 7 WHOLE MARKS worth of our paper? legal was my best subject and now its all gone wrong

aimsley

HSC
kouklitsa said:
TOTALLY in the same boat as you. how do they expect us to get uais of 99.6 when they go screwing up 7 WHOLE MARKS worth of our paper? legal was my best subject and now its all gone wrong
i reckon, legal was the exam i was actually confident with, and crime was my best area, and thanks to that 7marker its stuffed...not only the 7marker, the whole q just wasn't fair

What was the point of learning crime when we're just going to b asked on something so ridiculously small in the syllabus, or totally absent all together?

The ones who studied weren't given the chance to show what they know..which kind of defeats the whole point of the hsc..

Kirika

HSC
yeah i just emailed the board and said i 'would appreciate a prompt resolution of the matter' or some such. of all the students to screw over, why would they pick legal... i wonder if we can sue.... will let u know what they reply with

highly_strung

HSC
I sat in that exam thinking WTF about the crime question, then decided hey, maybe I just forgot a chapter somewhere about gender differences and juvenile justice. Then I walked out of the exam and my teacher says, "well we're considering putting in a complaint with BOS because it's not actually in the syllabus". So I felt a bit better. Only problem was, i was so stressed about it, that it killed my confidence and concentration for the focus studies. So yeh, good one BOS!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh, well even if it was in the syllabus, the focus of the question was so narrow. There was so much content in the crime topic they could have tested us on.....I know most of us spent much time revising all that content, leanring cases, laws, media reports and the like, only to have a question that didnt really test us on any of it...

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
omg part (c) was absolutely stupid...i heard that they mite not be counting that questions coz yeh...kah i was like what the hell!!!

clara

Part C) AGAIN!

Hey guys,

I found that question hard too, and despite how much anyone decides they want to justify it, it was wrong. By the time we had gotten out of the exam, or legal techers had already put in an official complaint. The question was NOT in the syllabus, it says nowhere anything about GENDER!

SO yeah I think there will be many complaints pouring through, so hopefully the idiot exam writers who probably havent taught legal studies for like 10 years will get a wake up call to stop being idiots when they write the paper.

The point of the HSC papers are to test your knowledge, not see how obscure they can make the questions and see how many people cant do it. This is our futures, not a game.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
tasha1188 said:
omg part (c) was absolutely stupid...i heard that they mite not be counting that questions coz yeh...kah i was like what the hell!!!
i agree, i think my teacher's gonna put in a complaint too because that question was seriously inappropriate, not at all in the syllabus and that too worth 19 marks altogether....that's 19% of the paper. which is just wrong for those who had no idea at all(most of us lol).

they better not count it.

Smartie87

HSC
i seriously think i am gonna do better on that 7 marker than the 12 marker.... i was so spun out i didnt have any structure to the answer and i didnt do a conclusion or n e thing. wat shit questions. i wish they would decided not to count the last 2 questions all together. i dont think they have realised the impact this will have on uai's.... it could be the difference between getting into uni and not getting in. tossers. im gonna call up 2 moz and whinge to them

LovelyHelen

HSC
crime

Is pig_93 my wonderful ABW/cruise buddy? GO COMPANY 6!!

As for legal studies, I thought the test was ok on the whole... but crime was a bit dodgy. Had to dig really deep for the 7marker. You could also have discussed (in the 12 marker) alternative means of dealing with juvenile crime under the Young Offenders Act (cautions, warnings, youth justice conferencing etc.)

In the 7 marker I talked about institutionalised inequality, the likelihood of males to commit violent crime/crime against the person as opposed to females (who are less likely to commit on the whole.) I also talked about sexual abuse for males in juvenile detention etc.

I hope you all did really well - I'm feeling a strange affinity with all students at the mo that I think comes from excess study.

forceblade

HSC
LovelyHelen said:
Is pig_93 my wonderful ABW/cruise buddy? GO COMPANY 6!!

As for legal studies, I thought the test was ok on the whole... but crime was a bit dodgy. Had to dig really deep for the 7marker. You could also have discussed (in the 12 marker) alternative means of dealing with juvenile crime under the Young Offenders Act (cautions, warnings, youth justice conferencing etc.)

In the 7 marker I talked about institutionalised inequality, the likelihood of males to commit violent crime/crime against the person as opposed to females (who are less likely to commit on the whole.) I also talked about sexual abuse for males in juvenile detention etc.

I hope you all did really well - I'm feeling a strange affinity with all students at the mo that I think comes from excess study.
wow it sounds like you the only one in the state that did real good in that section...hats off to you

shingaling

HSC
N/A
I got screwed over as well, especially for the male and female question, i mean shouldnt proceedings through the criminal justice system be equal and fair for both, isnt that the freakin rule of law! Yeh i thought maybe that was a trick question! Im glad its over maybe if they see that heaps of people were confused with those kind of questions they'll mark kinder!

Last edited by a moderator:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hahahaa i certainly well hope so! either they better disclude it completely or mark is really really easy(give marks for good bs).lol

aimsley

HSC
how many people's schools are putting in formal complaints to the board? I've been suggested my a number of people to do it, as the more do it the more attention they pay, I suppose.

kouklitsa

aimsley said:
how many people's schools are putting in formal complaints to the board? I've been suggested my a number of people to do it, as the more do it the more attention they pay, I suppose.
WEll ive already written the BOS an email.. i dont actually know how far that will get.

Im not sure what our coordinator for HSIE subjects will be doing though... straight away she said 'its not on the syllabus etc etc'' coz 1 girl was crying!

Maybe we could do a standard letter and have all the schools sign it or something??

I was talking to a friend.. shes a teacher at another school. and iw as telling her what happened and she said that if it comes to the point where they realise something went wrong with the paper, they'd actually scrap the question altogether, or mark alot more leniantly...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)