Section II - National Study / Personality (1 Viewer)

stressed_em

HSC
I'm so glad the totalitarian question was in there! That's what I mostly studied, I was going fine then I forgot a historian's name! But overall, it was ok , pretty happy. Only eco's left now!

Peartie

HSC
Russia and Kollontai were easy

The 1917-1924 question for Russia was one wed done for our half yearlys

the Stalinist one wed done for our trials!!!

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
America annoyed me, but I was pleased with the Hearst questions-- we'd done almost exactly the same thing earlier.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
absolutely loved speer. got that out quite good, talking about we will never really know whether he supported the racial policy or not, but despite what he claimed, he did, to a point implement them :)

i screwed up germany something bad lol. only wrote four pages. oh well. its over!!!!!!!!!

myer

HSC
N/A
hmm think i was one of the few pple that did the germany conservatives & elites. i talked about how they were weak & handled problems bad like the depression, did a bit about stresseman & how he was the best leader during the 20's. also how they contributed to hitlers rise & the failure of democracy.

kouklitsa

1 entry found for public life.
public life
n.
Public service or a term of public service by an appointed or elected official.

for those of you who are debating the public life thing.... thats the dictionary definition.... and if you do legal studies, public means GOVERNMENT... so yeh... i basically just outlined his role in the government and his positions and what he did and how he was part of public society.. didnt go into the post war period though because that is not public life, in my opinion.

spunkay

germany

Ok....i really need help. i think i really stuffed up in the germany question. I never studied those two points - totalitarian n conservative elites. So i just chose totalitarian n just wrote about the polices being racial, foreign and economic. I think i really stuffed up...please somebody tell me....need HELP

nwatts

HSC
spunkay said:
Ok....i really need help. i think i really stuffed up in the germany question. I never studied those two points - totalitarian n conservative elites. So i just chose totalitarian n just wrote about the polices being racial, foreign and economic. I think i really stuffed up...please somebody tell me....need HELP
What do I tell you? That you stuffed up?

I'm sure if you've got the detail there that's relevant a marker will give you something.

stv_87

HSC
QUOTE=jennylim]
- control of army - yes, oath of allegiance, blomberg-fritsch, BUT lost it during war (see july plot)

how can u say hitler had control of the army, all it was was an oath nothing more could be easily broken, their allegiance was only beased ion militaristic policiesand the army was left to its own devices unitl after blomberg fitsch and outbreak of war when he became commander in chief then the war deteriorated so they rebelledand stopped telling him stuff

C

Crazy Pomo

Wording. Gotta love it.

I thought the same for Speer but instantly decided that they wanted it to end at 1945. bexause it is part of national study 1918-45, and that was the period we studied. But yes, why can't the board just be more specific and say "up untill 1945", or whatever it was expecting us to answer?[/QUOTE]

Dude. We studied a bit of Speer post 45, like I wrote about 2 sentences about the Nuremburg trials/prison/and his public denial and career as author all mashed into a bout 2 sentences, because I would be lying if I said we didn't study it, and after all, they are main features of his public life (I argued).

One problem: In my intro I specifed 30 - 45. DAMMIT!

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I don't think it matters, pretty sure the book-writing etc isn't gonna lose or earn marks for you.

C

Crazy Pomo

Purist.

_dhj_ said:
I don't think it matters, pretty sure the book-writing etc isn't gonna lose or earn marks for you.
Well it fucking well should hah no. I hate coming on here and reading about people who do 5000 pages for essays and ten to the 12 pages for this and that. I've read heaps of exemplars band sixes and they are quality not quantity, they are still moderately big but not over the top. Plus it depends on your writing size of course.

myrna

HSC
Homercles said:
I've got a simple question, was the "period you have studied" or whatever for Trotsky 1879 until 1940 or 1917 until 1940?
we did a bit on his family n stuff from 1879 and did a bit on trotsky when he was a menshivik in yr 11... but by yr 12 we were mainly looking @ 1917-1940

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
Well it fucking well should hah no. I hate coming on here and reading about people who do 5000 pages for essays and ten to the 12 pages for this and that. I've read heaps of exemplars band sixes and they are quality not quantity, they are still moderately big but not over the top. Plus it depends on your writing size of course.

hmm wow.. severe misinterpretation there :p

Book writing as in the book that speer wrote - his career as an author :)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
Dude. We studied a bit of Speer post 45, like I wrote about 2 sentences about the Nuremburg trials/prison/and his public denial and career as author all mashed into a bout 2 sentences, because I would be lying if I said we didn't study it, and after all, they are main features of his public life (I argued).

One problem: In my intro I specifed 30 - 45. DAMMIT!
dude, what is the period we studied? Answer the question. What is the period of our national study?

Last edited:

jennylim

HSC
stv_87 said:
QUOTE=jennylim]
- control of army - yes, oath of allegiance, blomberg-fritsch, BUT lost it during war (see july plot)

how can u say hitler had control of the army, all it was was an oath nothing more could be easily broken, their allegiance was only beased ion militaristic policiesand the army was left to its own devices unitl after blomberg fitsch and outbreak of war when he became commander in chief then the war deteriorated so they rebelledand stopped telling him stuff
well, i said that the control was limited and spun outta control. but you do realise that the oath was actually very important for the majority of the army - they took the pledge to defend Hitler very seriously indeed. but his main power came after blomberg-fritsch...which disintegrated later.

jennylim

HSC
fleepbasding said:
dude, what is the period we studied? Answer the question. What is the period of our national study?
1918 - 1945...?

But 1939 as of next year, dammit.

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
zelba said:
Yes my whole class was like WTF with the second Sun question as well I mean seriously what were you meant to write - I argued Sun played a minor role in resisting Japan what about you?? I did the second essay as well! I thought it was pretty good. Did you use heaps of Quotes??? what raw mark do you reckon we will need to get over 90??
I only used like two or three quotes and mentioned a historian i think. Im not 2 sure how i'll go but am really hoping for band 6! I think this section is what wil bring me down. was fairly happy with indochina and WW1

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
China comrade

yeh i wrote that he played a minor role as well and how he came under scrutiny for not joining with his GMD counterparts in resisting the Japanese 21 demands and stuff. My teacher said that there was a general consensus amongst HSC markers that China responses make up some of the best for national study! So here's hoping we fall into that!!!

supergirl

HSC
I'm thinking 40/40 for national/personality studies.
Unless I get penalised for discussing Trotsky's background in part i of the individual questions, I didn't read the question properly. Haha.
I need 40/40, I don't think I went brilliantly in International Studies in Peace and Conflict. Oh, PLO, how I hate thee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)