Section III - Personalities (1 Viewer)

HSC
China Doll said:
to be honest i had a little bit of trouble discussing hat's foreign policy. i have a niggling feeling that i left a crucial argument out of my response! gar!
same here! D: i told my history teacher what i wrote she said i briefly went over what the question was asking

MIND YOU I WAS STARING AT SIMILAR QUESTION LAST NIGHT AND THOUGHT TO MYSELF "NAH, IT WONT BE IN THE HSC" and the son of a biatch was there :(

ah wells, its over now xD

jarmie

HSC
Did Alexander The Great.
Question a was good, it's one of my strongest areas regarding Alexander.
Question b was shit, it's one of my weakest!

Still think I went alright though.

danniface.

HSC
I feel sorry for whoever has to mark my personalities paper D:

It was all over the place. a was ok but b was just crap. The amount of bullshit and most likely false information I put in was pretty terrible haha..

bleehhh.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
marlainagarcia said:
Xerxes:
a) How did xerxes deal with the revolts in the Persian Empire
b) Evaluate the building program of Xerxes
I loved these questions! so easy!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
marlainagarcia said:
Xerxes:
a) How did xerxes deal with the revolts in the Persian Empire
b) Evaluate the building program of Xerxes

Thank you - I am trying to put together the questions for the topics that I teach. It is sooooo annoying that when we don't have a class that I have to scrounge around among colleagues from othet schools to get a copy.

The other topics I am seeking, if anyone can help are:

Rome 133 - 78 (Historical Period)
Persian Society in the Time of Darius and Xerxes (Society)
and of course as much as people can remember about Pompeii and Herculaneum.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC

a. explain the significance of the Social War for Rome and its Italian allies (socii). (25)
or
b. what contribution did Sulla make to political developments in Rome during this period? (25)

a. name two gods worshiped in the Persian empire (2)
b. what was a satrap? (3)
c. describe the social structure of Persian society. (8)
d. with reference to source (relief from Persepolis...looks like people carrying offerings or something, don't know, don't do this topic), explain the significance of vassal states and subject peoples to the Persian empire. (12)

pompeii and herc...um describe the herculaneum streetscape (4), the significance of the amphitheatre (8), something about methods for reconstructing the past for the last one (10)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
dance2urownbeat said:

a. explain the significance of the Social War for Rome and its Italian allies (socii). (25)
or
b. what contribution did Sulla make to political developments in Rome during this period? (25)

a. name two gods worshiped in the Persian empire (2)
b. what was a satrap? (3)
c. describe the social structure of Persian society. (8)
d. with reference to source (relief from Persepolis...looks like people carrying offerings or something, don't know, don't do this topic), explain the significance of vassal states and subject peoples to the Persian empire. (12)

pompeii and herc...um describe the herculaneum streetscape (4), the significance of the amphitheatre (8), something about methods for reconstructing the past for the last one (10)

Thank you very much.

I knew I could get help from the people on this board.

HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
HANNIBAL

man so easy lol poor peeps who dont do hannibal lol
Indeed, they were the best questions. I was predicting the worst - career after zama or military actions in Italy. Best part of the paper.

jennieTalia

HSC
China Doll said:
to be honest i had a little bit of trouble discussing hat's foreign policy. i have a niggling feeling that i left a crucial argument out of my response! gar!
Yeah, i felt sort of weird assessing something when the only thing I could remember was Punt and some fragmentary evidence of possible military campaigns :S
Or was that the point *looks to the skies, puzzling and looking for a portent*

daniellekho

Cool Member
HSC
N/A
akhenaten

the question was expressed poorly.
1. it was not in the syllabus
2. the directive term was WHAT was...(10 marks) -wtf?? say assess or explain or evaluate.
nevertheless was able to adabt pretty well.

Kew

HSC
I did Hatshepsut -
the questions were pretty good, but I re-mentioned a HEAP on both questions, as both had a majority part of each.

I did however forget a few minor things in the first question, such as her title of God's Wife of Amun. Crap. :(

metalheaven

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
i do Hatshepsut. it was good, i remembered all the relevant quotes and evidence i needed :) i just hope all my points came across clearly.
Ditto

bear17

HSC
I did hatshepsut,
was alright i thought

but i would not have expected them to ask about the Foreign policy as they already did that in 2006.

out of all the stuff that we have to remember, they choose to repeat a question.

i was praying that it would have been about the building program

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
Agrippina the Younger

this was my best part i feel.

pretty good two questions
had enough time to read over them
had heaps of sources

how many times did ppl refernce sources??

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
daniellekho said:
akhenaten

the question was expressed poorly.
1. it was not in the syllabus
2. the directive term was WHAT was...(10 marks) -wtf?? say assess or explain or evaluate.
nevertheless was able to adabt pretty well.
yeh i thought they were crap questions also. maybe describe or explain their relationship?
and i was hoping for akhenaten foreign policy, had so much more on that than building policy...

thommy

HSC
N/A
dance2urownbeat said:
akhenaten was kinda gay!
relo to the aten? i bullshitted kinda and just threw in as many random points as i could haha.
building policies...never looked at that specifically but i kinda knew enough about his early karnak and nubia stuff and then akhetaten so blabbed on about his new city...they were kinda crazy questions! def my worst area.
Me too.

HSC
I was suprised with Xerxes they didnt ask any of the area 4 bullet points, but it was pretty straight forward.

Sladeray1

HSC
Kew said:
I did however forget a few minor things in the first question, such as her title of God's Wife of Amun. Crap. :(
noooooooooooooo
me too fuk

I am James

HSC
Personalities - Xerxes:

Just threw something together about his revolts, his aggression in battle etc. Remembered about temple building and Persepolis, just threw something together. Wish I'd studied his building policies more in depth though. Not too sure how accurately I answered each question either.

Still probably my strongest section though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)