• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Seeking Any Job Post HSC (2 Viewers)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
They generally use a point-based system which is commonly used to provide sufficient evidence of identification so yes.

IIRC, a TFN isn't compulsory but you would be stupid not to provide one.
I was thinking that I might only provide my TFN when I actually begin my shift for a time period, simply because it is subject to fraud and stuff.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I was thinking that I might only provide my TFN when I actually begin my shift for a time period, simply because it is subject to fraud and stuff.
Keep in mind, if you don't declare your TFN, you have to pay the highest tax rate.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Keep in mind, if you don't declare your TFN, you have to pay the highest tax rate.
I just mean that at the interview, the TFN won't be necessary. Once I start work, then I will give it.

Web Addict

HSC
Generally, how long does it take for a reply if you've applied for open positions online?

kimjuliana

HSC
I have a job interview at an open position at Maccas. It took them about 1-2 days to reply via email.
NB: I applied online

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
If all else fails, im going for macca's...need exp and money...i got 4 months of doing nothing sitting at home.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
If all else fails, im going for macca's...need exp and money...i got 4 months of doing nothing sitting at home.
Maccas really isn't that bad -_- . Fml I keep telling my friends I can get them a job at my store,and then there like Naaa I'm going to look for something else. Now they're still jobless and aren't finding any jobs. DROP THE PRIDE/WHATEVER IT IS, Maccas is good exp and you really do learn alot.

Web Addict

HSC
Maccas really isn't that bad -_- . Fml I keep telling my friends I can get them a job at my store,and then there like Naaa I'm going to look for something else. Now they're still jobless and aren't finding any jobs. DROP THE PRIDE/WHATEVER IT IS, Maccas is good exp and you really do learn alot.
Just wondering, how is the pay for a 17 year old person who has just graduated from high school? Also, around how many hours per week do you work?

Last edited:

Chronost

HSC
Just wondering, how is the pay for someone who has just graduated from high school? Also, around how many hours per week do you work?
13.85 for a 17 year old right now. I told em I can work all week, and they give 20-25 hours a week to work. (making dough for my holiday), you can work less if you want, you just tell them. And they are very flexible.

Web Addict

HSC
13.85 for a 17 year old right now. I told em I can work all week, and they give 20-25 hours a week to work. (making dough for my holiday), you can work less if you want, you just tell them. And they are very flexible.
That's decent.

kimjuliana

HSC
Does anyone here have any techniques or tips for the maccas interview? like clothing and shoes, interview questions, greetings etc... Haha I'm so nervous :(

Chronost

HSC
Does anyone here have any techniques or tips for the maccas interview? like clothing and shoes, interview questions, greetings etc... Haha I'm so nervous :(
This must be your first interview,the amount of unneccessary things you've listed....Clothing and shoes...honestly anything that doesn't scream too casual but not too formal, i dunno with girls, just wear something normal(?),this really doesn't matter as long as your appearence looks neat and tidy i guess. Interview questions depend on the manager,but you'll get the typical one or two situational questions like tell me about a time when you had to deal with problem in a team and you dealt with it..blah blah,then things like your hobbies,and basically they will reilleterate over the past information you've already given to make sure everything is in order. They might ask how you will get to the maccas,what you want to do in uni ..etc.. things you will be able to answer, don't worry too much. In terms of greetings..lmao..you just say hi,and they will go "lets get started'...i guess?

No techniques,whatever works for you,you'll learn it after a couple of interviews.That thing that just works(or doesn't, but keeps you cool).

Tips:
-Look like you will have energy to take on shifts..basically don't look dead or like you haven't slept for a while.(don't look too hypo though lmao)
-Seem like someone others can work with,Mcdonald's has alot of communication between others(unless they make you run things after a while), managers want to know you'll be able to do teamwork (try to incorporate this into your answers)
-Don't look too nervous,it's alright to be abit..but just not too much...you'll be facing strangers everywhere at mcdonalds, so you know, they want to know you can deal with them clearly
-Availability is a big plus to getting a job,if you have the hours they want, that's a better chance they will hire you,by the end they might ask about availability and if you can stretch it out abit from here to here , if you can, try and accept some of those,they will take it as a plus.(if you cant,like stretching to 10pm or something, that's fine too, as long as your availiability is already quite good,which im sure it is since its holidays)

Not much more to say, umm ....honestly I've rambled many a bit too much. But I was pretty nervous too when i first had interviews and I found the more detailed answers to be more reassuring, so i tried my best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)