Selective Entry Thread 2021 (Lockdown) (1 Viewer)

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
Just curious what order r u applying for ur schools??
honestly I'm still deciding what schools to apply for cuz I want to at least enter one of the schools I apply for. I really want to get into HAHS, but it seems like its really competitive and difficult to get into. Like Hurlstone is so close to me, like 8 mins on a car. Im thinking of trying out for better partial selective? Idk at this point, just still deciding rn. But I would probably choose Hurlstone as my first preference if there are spots.

kkk579

hello
HSC
honestly I'm still deciding what schools to apply for cuz I want to at least enter one of the schools I apply for. I really want to get into HAHS, but it seems like its really competitive and difficult to get into. Like Hurlstone is so close to me, like 8 mins on a car. Im thinking of trying out for better partial selective? Idk at this point, just still deciding rn. But I would probably choose Hurlstone as my first preference if there are spots.
Ohhh alright, yeah I’d put hahs first if I were u as well since it’s very close to u and it’s a pretty good school

feiviclin

HSC
if u prefer private maybe go to the tutor coaching and tutor classifieds section and there’s plenty of experienced ppl offering to tutor students one on one or in small groups
Ok Thank you so much😁

joe mama

HSC
Hi, I'm currently looking for a new maths tutoring, would you recommend going to ngo and sons coaching?
hi i currently attend there
it boosted my grades a lot, from 60% averages to 90% averages, but also it is not for everyone
their teaching style is explain theory, teacher goes through example qns, then u have a go at practise qns and then homework on the thing
most teachers are quite good at ensuring u memorise concepts and their strict homework policies force u to learn the content & take tutpring seriously:) they also offer a whole bank of past paper resources for yr11-12 students
IM NOT NGO N SONS SPONSORED LOL i am promoting them so much omg..

kkk579

hello
HSC
hi i currently attend there
it boosted my grades a lot, from 60% averages to 90% averages, but also it is not for everyone
their teaching style is explain theory, teacher goes through example qns, then u have a go at practise qns and then homework on the thing
most teachers are quite good at ensuring u memorise concepts and their strict homework policies force u to learn the content & take tutpring seriously:) they also offer a whole bank of past paper resources for yr11-12 students
IM NOT NGO N SONS SPONSORED LOL i am promoting them so much omg..
fax

joe mama

HSC
i don’t consider myself unlucky lol reserve is good news since nobody gets offers… my documents were decent so i reckon i should be pretty high on the list :)
congrats omggg
and yea most schools dont give out numbers w the reserve list out of courtesy
same w me last yr i didnt know my number but hey i ended up making it into my school
good luck hope u make it and then become a farmer at hahs, lol my friends told me they have to artificially inseminate a cow & u also get to grow potatoes :devil:

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
I think they just handed in reports and evidence of academic comps and extracurriculars and maybe another thing to supplement their application(like an essay or smth) coz the HAST got cancelled due to covid
oh wait WHAT, I thought they still did HAST, lol, u got in reserve without doing the test

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
congrats omggg
same w me last yr i didnt know my number but hey i ended up making it into my school
good luck hope u make it and then become a farmer at hahs, lol my friends told me they have to artificially inseminate a cow & u also get to grow potatoes :devil:
wait, u go to nsghs, right?

kkk579

hello
HSC
oh wait WHAT, I thought they still did HAST, lol, u got in reserve without doing the test
yep cancelled coz of COVID, honestly it made it a lot easier for applicants to get in bcuz it’s usually the HAST that is the biggest indicator of an academically strong individual. also the schools that do the HAST exam mainly place the largest emphasis on the exam rather than the extracurriculars and reports. this is because some schools give out easy A’s and some schools tests are way harder than others, hence why it’s fairer to conduct an exam :)

wzsmartypants

HSC
congrats omggg
should i thank you, or should i thank joe mama? :awesome:

Last edited:

wzsmartypants

HSC
ofc it matters, otherwise how would yk whether ur reserve 1 or 10? you don’t. it’s extremely unlikely for one to get in even being reserve 3 for hurlstone. also sometimes there aren’t even spots, hahs actually creates a reserve list even when there aren’t spots available. not sure how long the reserve list is valid for but if someone drops suddenly the first person on the reserve list will come in.
rlly ive seen a thread saying hurlstone usually has around 3 spots below yr 11. wheres ur source? at the end of the day im on reserve list, so might as well find out myself :angel:

kkk579

hello
HSC
rlly ive seen a thread saying hurlstone usually has around 3 spots below yr 11. wheres ur source? at the end of the day im on reserve list, so might as well find out myself :angel:
idk just assuming lol bcuz i rarely ever see anyone leave hahs in yrs 7-10. but all the best anyways :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)