• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

selective schools test (3 Viewers)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by astro
when i received the letter saying that i was rejected i actually cried.....those were pathetic days...and i thought it was the end of the world......little did i know back in my naive yr 6 days that therr are bigger fish to fry
ditto

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
wtf 30s... wut kinda selective skool is this
A guy i know at Ruse got 40 last year.. *shrugs*

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I might miss out on my course though... *shudders* Im sort of teetering on the brink :(

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Zarathustra
What's OC anyway????

I have heard the horror stories of Ruse people getting * - don't worry it won't happen to you neo_o (in all likelihood - it could:p ).

opportunity class

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
it makes us normal ppl feel better
ur comment makes that dude who got 40 [if he cud see this] feel like complete shit :p

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
how crap does "opportunity class" sound? its like "oh if YOUR NOT in the class then you've got NO OPPORTUNITIES WHATSOEVER! :chainsaw:

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
no wonder why there were kids outside the school hall today :p damn parents, there wasnt enough parking for year 12, so half of my friends double parked lol
we tried to scare the parents out of wanting to send their children to our school :p

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Sorry.. but there's tutoring for selective school tests?

Holy Shit.. why didn't I do that?!

Its a bit late, but I did the selective test, made it, no tutoring and in the end I didn't even go. It makes no difference in the end.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by steph@nie
Sorry.. but there's tutoring for selective school tests?

Holy Shit.. why didn't I do that?!

Its a bit late, but I did the selective test, made it, no tutoring and in the end I didn't even go. It makes no difference in the end.

Yeah I didn't know either? I was too late for consideration, so went private instead.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i didn't make it into selective in year6
i didn't want want anywayz
but then i tried again in year9 and got accepted LOL i don't know why i tried because i rejected that offer and stayed at my school heheh

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I'm glad they're putting in a writing component... the test is supposed to actually measure your intellectual capacity, not how well some school has taught you to answer multiple choice questions

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Originally posted by redslert
i didn't make it into selective in year6
i didn't want want anywayz
but then i tried again in year9 and got accepted LOL i don't know why i tried because i rejected that offer and stayed at my school heheh
haha same.. i think I just wanted to know I was as good as I was when I was in yr 6 or something..

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by Josie
I'm glad they're putting in a writing component... the test is supposed to actually measure your intellectual capacity, not how well some school has taught you to answer multiple choice questions
It's nearly as easy to be tutored on how to pass the written test. Unfortunately, that's what the tutoring focuses on - passing the test. It'd be nice if the tutoring at places like Swot Shop actually focussed on teaching kids how to write decent pieces.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I wouldn't object to teaching kids how to write properly. But so it's actually of some use to them past the test. Otherwise they're going to be disadvantaged from the start.

cko

HSC
hehe i made it into an OC class n then i made it to a selective school n never looked back... is it just me or have other ppl that go to a selective school noticed that all tha ppl that get accepted into tha school post yr 7 always seem to be wayyyy smarter than tha kids that made it into tha school in yr 7??

when i got my results bak n got reserve for North Syd girls n Baulko (as in i didn't make it) i cried too... felt a bit stoopid after that coz my mum thought itd b fun to tell tha whole fkn world.. grrr!!

another thing, i heard that kids that went to a catholic/private primary school didn't make it into a selective school, is this true??

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
we tried to scare the parents out of wanting to send their children to our school :p
what did you baulkos do ? :p
Originally posted by cko
another thing, i heard that kids that went to a catholic/private primary school didn't make it into a selective school, is this true??
i dont think theres a good reason as to support that claim anyway, but i know plent of people who went to catholic schools who got into selective. even if that did happen, there'd be big contreversy about already

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)