Semester 1, 2008 Timetables (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick1689

HSC
Ohk thanks guys. Does it become a pain to have three lectures/tutes in a row, or does it quickly become normal?

roadrage75

HSC
lol mate i've got lectures from 9-1 on monday -- AND i've got an irresolvable clash on monday as well!! in fact on monday i've got stuff from 9 til 5, with only 1 hour break!!!!

thenothing

no member
HSC
roadrage75 said:
lol mate i've got lectures from 9-1 on monday -- AND i've got an irresolvable clash on monday as well!! in fact on monday i've got stuff from 9 til 5, with only 1 hour break!!!!
You'll manage. Last semester I had 8-6 (I think it was on a Monday as well) with a one hour break.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
congrats. I only need to take 3 subjects for semester 1. perhaps you should actually attend your first class before making such a critique. You will find that your engineering subjects require less out-of-class work, whilst you Commerce subjects will have a lot more to equalise the number of hours per credit point.

p.s. my timetable sucks because in an ideal world I would only have to attend twice/week.

p.p.s. I'm now considering enrolling in ENGL1000 as I'm really not sure if I could get the special permission necessary to do a B Arts (Advanced) subject.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Anyone know which entrance to Storie Dixson you need to use to get to Room 5?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i think that's the back entrance (fire escape one)

ballin

Banned
HSC
If we have a clash and dont want to alter an units of study, can that be resolved at all? I plan on going in tomorrow as well

ballin

Banned
HSC
Ok Thanks, so i would have to basically pick a different thing to study? Also, if i have an 'ideal' timetable with Wednesday/Friday off, except i have one tutorial that screws up my Wednesday, could they resolve that tomorrow? By moving it to Tuesday for example

KarmaKitten

HSC
I think it depends on whether there are any tutorials on tuesday or whether the tuesday tutorials are full. Otherwise you're stuck with it, but you should go and try anyways just incase.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I have Mon/Wed/Thurs
is it a bitch to have tutorials and lectures right after each other?

and what if I have a prac at the same time as a lecture for the same unit? lol

thenothing

no member
HSC
Martyno1 said:
I have Mon/Wed/Thurs
is it a bitch to have tutorials and lectures right after each other?

and what if I have a prac at the same time as a lecture for the same unit? lol
Not really, science students have that all the time (as do students from other faculties I imagine). You'll have time to walk to your classes as previously said in the thread.

If you can't move your prac then you'll have to miss the lecture and read the notes/textbook.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nope - it's quite normal to have tutes+lectures next to each other. If you have a prac at the same time as a lecture, this probably means that the prac replaces the lecture on certain weeks.

ballin

Banned
HSC
Score, Tuesday/Thursday only

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
For those with clashes: When I was at UNSW I emailed the course co-ordinator saying I had an unavoidable clash with all of the available laboratory times. He opened up a new lab time. Just saying that you might as well ask the course coordinator about it...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
neafoo said:
I had a clash on the two subjects i wanted to do most, but when i followed their instructions to 'click here' to see what i could do about it, the page was dead (hoorah).

Can i just enrol in a different unit to fix it?
If it's only a lecture clash just cop it and do enough reading outside of class to keep up with the subject you choose to skip.

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
I was thinking of changing my timetable and was wondering if it would be detrimental to move a PHARM1811 Workshop to monday; basically does anyone know if it would bebad if you did the workshop before any PHARM1811 lectures?

thanx

thenothing

no member
HSC
Does the workshop start in week 2?

If it's avaliable on a Monday I doubt there would be a problem.

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
thenothing said:
Does the workshop start in week 2?

If it's avaliable on a Monday I doubt there would be a problem.
It says it goes from week 1 ...

and also it wouldn't matter when a biology practical is scheduled (which starts in week three) would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)