Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

novembre

HSC
N/A
Re: Semester 1 Chatter Thread

stazi said:
no, it's $99 for a USU membership, then it varies depending on the club. Some are free, others can cost up to $15 (mode is $5)
if i don't join USU, i'd have to pay a fee (think it was something like 37 last year) on top of the club fee right? i was wondering if it's the same this year

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Yes, if you don't get an access card, you pay something like $40 for each club that you join. It's much more economical to get an access card, especially considering that society events are more expensive for non-Access card holders.

historykidd

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
I also rearranged my timetable and re-enrolled in ENGL1008 olol. Makes for a better timetable. :D

Only took me 30 minutes to get my readers today, in the middle of the day, which I didn't think was that bad considering how long the line was.

Also, David Braddon-Mitchell! *sigh* Oh I'm in love! ;)
DBM is the man (Y)

Some annoying theist prick kept questioning him today and he shut him down immediately <3

novembre

HSC
N/A

stazi said:
Yes, if you don't get an access card, you pay something like $40 for each club that you join. It's much more economical to get an access card, especially considering that society events are more expensive for non-Access card holders.
okay. thanks for the info.

hopefully joining clubs can change me.. i don't feel very motivated to join at all but people have been asking me to join so i can change my outlook towards life and 'open up'

why is it that no matter how hard i try talking to people first, they don't seem interested? i'm not talking about hooking up and stuff, just knowing people in general.. sometimes i just make excuses to start a convo but the responses i get are often cold..i don't tell them weird stuff like "hey, guess my name" so i don't know what the problem is. it's not like i didn't try talking to people first. i don't want to blame it on luck or looks but i really don't understand why. even if my personality isn't the type people would love, how would they know it when they first meet me, know it enough to be so cold? i don't want to blame people, just wanna know why.. but i guess i won't find the answer here

stazi

Nightman
HSC

ill meet up with you in the carlslaw toilets at 2pm tomorrow if you want

novembre

HSC
N/A

stazi said:
ill meet up with you in the carlslaw toilets at 2pm tomorrow if you want
ur nuts. that's the classic place for Chris' and ur fucking sessions
LOL why is it always carslaw toilets? why not merewether toilets? or fisher's computer area where there are many hot guys hanging around?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

amber44 said:
I guess once the trees grow on either side, they'll meet in the middle and have that Hyde Park look.
but these are eucalypts aren't they? I don't think they have that function down as good as the Morton Bay Figs do.

historykidd said:
Some annoying theist prick kept questioning him today and he shut him down immediately <3
Oooh! What lecture? I was in the relatively quiet 11am one. :D

Last edited:

historykidd

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
but these are eucalypts aren't they? I don't think they have that function down as good as the Morton Bay Figs do.

Oooh! What lecture? I was in the relatively quiet 11am one. :D
The 3pm one! fireworks were flying.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC

novembre said:

hopefully joining clubs can change me.. i don't feel very motivated to join at all but people have been asking me to join so i can change my outlook towards life and 'open up'

why is it that no matter how hard i try talking to people first, they don't seem interested? i'm not talking about hooking up and stuff, just knowing people in general.. sometimes i just make excuses to start a convo but the responses i get are often cold..i don't tell them weird stuff like "hey, guess my name" so i don't know what the problem is. it's not like i didn't try talking to people first. i don't want to blame it on luck or looks but i really don't understand why. even if my personality isn't the type people would love, how would they know it when they first meet me, know it enough to be so cold? i don't want to blame people, just wanna know why.. but i guess i won't find the answer here
I can honestly say I'd love it if someone came up to me and asked me to guess their name LOL.

Come visit me at unsw oweek if you get a chance, I'll be in a hot pink shirt :)

Actually the hilarious thing is, the reason I came into this thread was that I was going to ask about USyds club-joining-money-thing-cash-thing. Like if you had to pay a fee on top if you aren't a USU member (UNSW just introduced it this year and I was wondering how much it was there - it's $40 per club here, or nothing if you join Arc which is $149/year). My question has been answered. I thank you all.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC

stazi said:
So discounts aren't just given if you're a member of the club? So let's say, I join Club A. Club A has a BBQ event that costs $10 for non-members, $5 for members, and $3 for members with an access card? That's how it works?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

uhawww said:
So discounts aren't just given if you're a member of the club? So let's say, I join Club A. Club A has a BBQ event that costs $10 for non-members, $5 for members, and $3 for members with an access card? That's how it works?
It'd have to be $5 for ACCESS non-members as well, but essentially yes.

novembre

HSC
N/A

uhawww said:
I can honestly say I'd love it if someone came up to me and asked me to guess their name LOL.

Come visit me at unsw oweek if you get a chance, I'll be in a hot pink shirt :)

Actually the hilarious thing is, the reason I came into this thread was that I was going to ask about USyds club-joining-money-thing-cash-thing. Like if you had to pay a fee on top if you aren't a USU member (UNSW just introduced it this year and I was wondering how much it was there - it's $40 per club here, or nothing if you join Arc which is $149/year). My question has been answered. I thank you all.
yeah, it might be exciting if u were asked to guess a person's name..

what clubs did you join this year? and r u helping out at ur club's store (cuz u said ur gonna be at unsw today) these few days?

i joined 2 clubs in my first year and only went to 1 event, which is like the introduction where you get your member card..LOL i kinda regret now.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

novembre said:

i'll talk to you :)

dont take people's crap-ness personally, there could be all sorts of reasons why they dont feel like being sociable. i was in a totally rage-worthy mood like 10 minutes ago myself but all gone now :D woo.

novembre

HSC
N/A

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i'll talk to you :)

dont take people's crap-ness personally, there could be all sorts of reasons why they dont feel like being sociable. i was in a totally rage-worthy mood like 10 minutes ago myself but all gone now :D woo.
aww, thanks. that's really nice. maybe it was cuz my questions were too "serious"

maybe u were feeling a bit pissed cuz uni has just started and u still want ur holidays? i don't know.. but the Unit of Study outlines can freak me out sometimes.
the things they say about assessments on the Online Unit of Study site aren't always the same as the stuff that you actually have to do (on the real UoS outline). Like for one of my subjects, i thought there'd only be 2 assessments but turns out there is more..and also participation too

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

I'm just putting together a calendar of all my assessments for this semester. All I can say is that April and May are going to suck hard. Kill me now, guys.

novembre

HSC
N/A

u'll be fine.. especially when u're aware of the "tightness" of schedule so early in the semester. do u have any groupwork?

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Also, David Braddon-Mitchell! *sigh* Oh I'm in love! ;)
What did I tell you? He's fabulous! Back off, he's mine. :mad: Speaking of which Frank Stilwell is pretty rad too.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

novembre said:
u'll be fine.. especially when u're aware of the "tightness" of schedule so early in the semester. do u have any groupwork?
Yes. *sob* Thankfully only one group assignment, and it's due during stuvac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)