• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddtng

HSC
Yeah, I can send them from Gmail. But if you look carefully at at sent header, it will say:

From: yourgmail@gmail.com [mailto:yourgmail@gmail.com] On Behalf Of This Person unikey@usyd.edu.au

Which IMO is unprofessional. People have complained about it and I think it's annoying. Try it out yourself. Send it to an outlook or thunderbird account and you'll see.
So it does. Could explain why some of my emails haven't been getting replies (probably not). Guess I'll have to go back to sending all mail from the (now) official mail systems.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
So it does. Could explain why some of my emails haven't been getting replies (probably not). Guess I'll have to go back to sending all mail from the (now) official mail systems.
I find thunderbird to be much better than the either online outlook or the systems before

Use IMAP with Sydney Mail and it's not bad, really.

amber44

HSC
SYdney mail is fuckin crap

Wish you could use Gmail to send shit but it always says on behalf of you@gmail.com when you send an email

Only redeeming feature about it is that it supports SSL/TSL so I can view my top secret e-mails without anyone being able to crack them :cool:.
Is it just me, but the email they sent around telling us about SydneyMail, no where does it have a link to the new mail page. What's the site?

ddtng

HSC
The new system is a major pain in the arse. Forwarded emails don't come as the original emails, instead they come with the crap on top:

Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 6:04:52 AM
To: xxxxxxxx@uni.sydney.edu.au
Subject: Test
and they are all addressed from the new email account rather than the person who sent them. Fucking pain.
Actually it wouldn't do this if you select 'redirect the message to...' rather than 'forward the message to...' in the inbox rules (which goes against what the usyd ICT site says). However, choosing redirecting instead of forwarding results in a fucking error:

An error occurred and your request couldn't be completed. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.
Fuck you fucking Microsoft!

Also, judging by the ICT site they want me to email Microsoft instead of them. Well fuck you too!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
fucking wtf

i can't sign in to this new email bullshit

what am i doing wrong

I go to windows live mail, pop in myunikey@uni.sydney.edu.au and my password and it keeps bloody saying 'the email address or password is incorrect bla bla' ... the password is right i checked like 10 times

halp?

44Ronin

HSC
Fuck microsoft

usyd ICT demonstrate time and time again that they are useless mouths

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
also what, in some FAQ thing on their little website it says that ''current and future'' alumni won't get the new emails

wtf aren't we all future alumni??

argh its doing my head in, I'm typing the right shit in the boxes and computer says no

aaaaargh

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
hmm mine wouldn't work yesterday, but it works today. so maybe they are setting up the accounts gradually?

the old version still seems to work.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah the old version works fine

idk what the deal is with this new one. I emailed the ICT people about it, I'm out of ideas. If they look they'll see I've changed my password to include the word ARGH

yes I was in a slight rage and felt like being silly

amber44

HSC
yeah the old version works fine

idk what the deal is with this new one. I emailed the ICT people about it, I'm out of ideas. If they look they'll see I've changed my password to include the word ARGH

yes I was in a slight rage and felt like being silly
In the email it should have your new temporary password which you have to change once you've logged in.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
In the email it should have your new temporary password which you have to change once you've logged in.
yeah just found it lol, woo

my uni email takes forever to load on this computer so I didn't see it

@neb: 252 words

I'm on a roll
/sarcasm

Sunday is essay gogogo time, only free day I've got better use it loal

Scorch

HSC
Wtf is this new shit? Microsoft? Outlook? What, pray tell, was wrong precisely with the old one? Beyond the fact that you couldn't view your sent mail. I mean ... I liked being able to log into MyUni and see if I had any new emails without having to go through another login screen. I hope that's still possible when they phase the old emails out.

Though I no longer feel special if it's not @mail.usyd.edu.au ...

KarmaKitten

HSC
Wtf is this new shit? Microsoft? Outlook? What, pray tell, was wrong precisely with the old one? Beyond the fact that you couldn't view your sent mail. I mean ... I liked being able to log into MyUni and see if I had any new emails without having to go through another login screen. I hope that's still possible when they phase the old emails out.

Though I no longer feel special if it's not @mail.usyd.edu.au ...
I'm with you on that one. I usually check MyUni daily and I could easily see if I had new emails. It was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)