Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
So I have full marks for everything so far this semester, and have completed the only two assignments I've been handed 2.5 weeks and a month ahead of their due dates.

Hooray for not fucking around anymore.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
So I have full marks for everything so far this semester, and have completed the only two assignments I've been handed 2.5 weeks and a month ahead of their due dates.

Hooray for not fucking around anymore.
what subjects you doing this year maeng? (holy shit 14,000 posts)

i got 4 assignments and a quiz due this week, but already done most of them. management subjects are easy but boring sometimes.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
what subjects you doing this year maeng? (holy shit 14,000 posts)

i got 4 assignments and a quiz due this week, but already done most of them. management subjects are easy but boring sometimes.
Asked you the same question in over 9,000 other threads, but you mustn't have seen it.

Doing:
INFO3404 IT Project Management
INFO3220 OO Programming (C++)
COMP3520 Operating Systems
MATH3962 Rings, Fields and Galois Theory

spence

HSC
Just realised I actually have another week till my german test :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
whats the maths one about waffy?
It's basically about constructing sets with various operations on them, and rules for those operations (variants of these rules forming the difference between rings, fields, groups, etc), exploring the properties of these sets and eventually using those properties to prove that you can't write down a formula to solve any polynomial equation of order n>4.

Better than Metric Spaces and Complex Analysis by a long stretch, though I think I enjoyed the Measure Theory subject more.

HSC
:<

Sounds fun.

In my class, I get to write about the role the internet plays in democratising the modern public sphere.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It's basically about constructing sets with various operations on them, and rules for those operations (variants of these rules forming the difference between rings, fields, groups, etc), exploring the properties of these sets and eventually using those properties to prove that you can't write down a formula to solve any polynomial equation of order n>4.

Better than Metric Spaces and Complex Analysis by a long stretch, though I think I enjoyed the Measure Theory subject more.
Wait, that was my 14,000th post?

Fuck this.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Asked you the same question in over 9,000 other threads, but you mustn't have seen it.

Doing:
INFO3404 IT Project Management
INFO3220 OO Programming (C++)
COMP3520 Operating Systems
MATH3962 Rings, Fields and Galois Theory
I'm doing info3402...the management thing. Pretty easy hogswash at the moment hey. Apparently most of the examinable material is done before the easter break. After that it's all accenture seminars or something.

i had to postpone info3220 for next year, tell us how that goes. I did comp3520 last year though. That was really badly organized (is bing bing still taking it?), the only interesting things were the assignments. The exam was pretty much memorising textbook stuff.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm doing info3402...the management thing. Pretty easy hogswash at the moment hey. Apparently most of the examinable material is done before the easter break. After that it's all accenture seminars or something.

i had to postpone info3220 for next year, tell us how that goes. I did comp3520 last year though. That was really badly organized (is bing bing still taking it?), the only interesting things were the assignments. The exam was pretty much memorising textbook stuff.
Yeah Bing Bing's a twit. The first assignment is a java client/server thing which can be (and has been) done in half an hour by copy pasting code from the book and isn't due til the end of April.

The Accenture lectures afaik cover examinable content as well (XP, among other things) but do so while adding industry anecdotes.

INFO3220 is solid, mostly because Michael Charleston's lecturing.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
do you fail your course if you dont hand in an assignment?

i couldnt find anything in the handbook
Not usually, they figure that the lost marks will be enough disincentive. Some courses set a minimum of 40% of the available marks in the semester assessments and exams respectively (and 50% overall) as the minimum standard for passing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)