Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't do E&B - my friend just said so, she could be wrong.

Edit: 4 others confirmed this - so I'm guessing it is.

Last edited:

tanna

HSC
lol wow you are doing the same degree as me
hardly anyone is doing it

what are you gonna major in?
haha i know right!

a lot of the older people didn't know it even existed. a friend's dad was like "oh is that a proper degree or did you just make it up" i was like :uhoh:

anyways, atm... majoring in economics and/or finance... and psychology or physics or chem or maths haha. obviously still pretty indecisive :p

how about you?

hm, about economics - i found that going through the online quizzes and just understanding the answers really helped quite a bit for study...

so maybe do that if you're struggling? the questions won't be as hard as those, so if you can understand those, then you're set :)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Blue_Suede and others who are doing modern british literature...
how are we suppose to do part A, q 7 (Assess how one realist AND one fantastic, absurd, or comic text offer substantially different portraits of the British or of Britain) if we're not allow to do texts BEFORE Skin Lane and we completed the Fantasy and Absurd texts before Skin Lane?

Wtf Peter Marks. Get your head on straight. :(

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
haha i know right!

a lot of the older people didn't know it even existed. a friend's dad was like "oh is that a proper degree or did you just make it up" i was like :uhoh:

anyways, atm... majoring in economics and/or finance... and psychology or physics or chem or maths haha. obviously still pretty indecisive :p

how about you?

hm, about economics - i found that going through the online quizzes and just understanding the answers really helped quite a bit for study...

so maybe do that if you're struggling? the questions won't be as hard as those, so if you can understand those, then you're set :)
yeah im definitely majoring in industrial relations and HRM and psychology, no sure if im gonna major in anything else atm. gosh i still havent started studying for micro :( :( and havent finished studying for psych yet :uhoh:

i need 24/50 in the final exam to pass the whole course lol. i hope this is doable (considering how badly i suck) :mad1:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Blue_Suede and others who are doing modern british literature...
how are we suppose to do part A, q 7 (Assess how one realist AND one fantastic, absurd, or comic text offer substantially different portraits of the British or of Britain) if we're not allow to do texts BEFORE Skin Lane and we completed the Fantasy and Absurd texts before Skin Lane?

Wtf Peter Marks. Get your head on straight. :(
ima send him an email because i really wanted to do skin lane (bothered reading it and didnt use it for in class or first essay :( )

edit: have sent. expecting a reply in the next 3-4 hours.

Last edited:

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
ima send him an email because i really wanted to do skin lane (bothered reading it and didnt use it for in class or first essay :( )

edit: have sent. expecting a reply in the next 3-4 hours.
Yeah I emailed him about my question too. Can we do texts we did in class or for the first essay? I emailed him about this too. Hopefully we can... :D

jet

Banned
HSC
Ok I thought the BIOL1003 exam was 100 multiple choice, turns out it's 60. ~Less stress~

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Yeah I emailed him about my question too. Can we do texts we did in class or for the first essay? I emailed him about this too. Hopefully we can... :D
i was about to ask you that!

we can't do anything we did for the first essay. but i'm not sure if we can do what we presented on. seriously hope so because i did comedy and if i can't do that then i have to write on stupid silly stuff :(

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't do E&B - my friend just said so, she could be wrong.

Edit: 4 others confirmed this - so I'm guessing it is.
Um... I failed the midsem by half a mark
so I'm hoping this isn't true..... :|

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
i was about to ask you that!

we can't do anything we did for the first essay. but i'm not sure if we can do what we presented on. seriously hope so because i did comedy and if i can't do that then i have to write on stupid silly stuff :(
Hey hopefully he emailed you back so.. we can do presentations BUT we can't do the ones in the essay and we can't do Skin Lane or anything before Skin Lane.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Hey hopefully he emailed you back so.. we can do presentations BUT we can't do the ones in the essay and we can't do Skin Lane or anything before Skin Lane.
I would put the Monty Python skits and the short stories by Winterson,
Mieville, Litt and Smith into the fantastical/ absurd/ comic categories.

- Marks

so yeah, can still think of something to do with fantastical/absurd yay

jet

Banned
HSC
Timetables are out! Now meliz can be satisfied :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)