Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (2 Viewers)

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
I agree with Neb/Neb-pretending-not-to-be-Neb. The pun kind of sucks.

Anyway, my weekend starts NOW. Woooo. Have to get started on my assignments. /geek.
ffs, i'm not neb!

took last thursgay off. going in tommorow. that will be a permanent fixture of my week from now on.
kinda disappointing.

but im tutoring a friend for chem and getting paid for it

so its alright

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
thanks jaydore

almost makes me sorry that i accused you of having syphillis in the other thread

lol

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
basically though, the quote from weird tutor is laughable because its so inept. it's some pretentious dude trying to create a crazy artsy um...idk, metaphor, but failing epic time

:hammer:

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Usyd forum is really hopping tonight.
Woo~ :party:

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Okay, serious post times guise.

Was wondering 1) how does honours work?
2) How does one calculate WAM for honours
3) Has anyone attempted/wanted to do honours class for education?

I'm seriously considering it if my WAM works out.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
chem honours is very easy to get into
they take your best, relevant, 28 intermediate/senior credit points and average them. if >65, you're in!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
For education honours you need a D average and you basically write a thesis or something enormous like that.

Not many people in my cohort are doing it, it's an awful lot of work. I'm not sure if it helps you get targeted or what, but many people with D averages (myself included) chose not to do it because of the workload.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
For edu, I heard its a 10k word thesis right? That's not too bad I think. I can crank that out.
I was just wondering if the WAM for edu includes all the classes I've taken, or it's like chem honours and they only select the relevant ones?

I'm going to calculate my WAM now. I better be higher than 75 :(

HSC
The SciTech library has become a 'food court' for Subway patrons. Everything smells like Parmesan oregano!
Scitech always smells like fart. Med library is where it's at. Still need to buy a diary but cbf.

HSC
in agreement with scarybunny about ralphs as well. best coffee, cheap, fast and interesting shit on the walls to look at. thumbs up. oh and it's pretty close to bosch and education building. which is where I spend the majority of my time.
Yep. Fast, cheap and good food. zi'm poor and I love that place so much right now.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
holme cafeteria is getting better at serving
i eat there instead of subway
smaller, but tastier and cheaper maybe

amber44

HSC
Another rant about the Education Building, how on Earth did that thing get building approval? It's a fire hell hole waiting to happen! The hallways are narrow, the stairwells are atrocious, who the fuck signed off on it!!

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
i'd say the education building is pretty safe

quadrangle fails pretty epicly in those ways though. narrower hallways, lecture rooms with one small exit leading into a one way entry hallway

:uhoh:

chemistry building is pretty fantastically well prepared for fire

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Another rant about the Education Building, how on Earth did that thing get building approval? It's a fire hell hole waiting to happen! The hallways are narrow, the stairwells are atrocious, who the fuck signed off on it!!
I lol'd at the sign on the lifts today when I was on my way to the bathroom.

It specified that YOU WILL GET STUCK IN THERE OMG DON'T DO IT IT'S A TRAP instead of just the normal "yeh out of order kthnx" signs.

Well it was funny at 8:30am anyway. Anything is until coffee.

If we're talking about fail buildings I have to say the Education building has nothing on the Education annexe. That place is a shit hole. It's all cramped and narrow and the rooms are tiny and it looks like a prison and if you're fat you probably won't fit in the hallways. I don't have this problem. But I imagine obese people would have problems.

amber44

HSC
I lol'd at the sign on the lifts today when I was on my way to the bathroom.

It specified that YOU WILL GET STUCK IN THERE OMG DON'T DO IT IT'S A TRAP instead of just the normal "yeh out of order kthnx" signs.

Well it was funny at 8:30am anyway. Anything is until coffee.

If we're talking about fail buildings I have to say the Education building has nothing on the Education annexe. That place is a shit hole. It's all cramped and narrow and the rooms are tiny and it looks like a prison and if you're fat you probably won't fit in the hallways. I don't have this problem. But I imagine obese people would have problems.
The annex, where's that? On the Education Building why are the stairs so narrow? The really only allow one file going up and down, it's bad.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
The annex, where's that? On the Education Building why are the stairs so narrow? The really only allow one file going up and down, it's bad.
the annex is that building plopped to the left of the teacher's college. there's a bridge connecting it to both the TC and the Education Building.

from the outside it looks pretty standard, from the inside it is the most depressing place EVER.

and idk about the stairs I've always found them OK. maybe not in rush time between classes but generally OK

amber44

HSC
the annex is that building plopped to the left of the teacher's college. there's a bridge connecting it to both the TC and the Education Building.

from the outside it looks pretty standard, from the inside it is the most depressing place EVER.

and idk about the stairs I've always found them OK. maybe not in rush time between classes but generally OK
I'll have to check it out. GRRR, why is it designed the way it is? Why are there random corrodors jutting off to a whole bunch of rooms, it just seems soo illogical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)