Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

bio_nut

HSC
Tomorrow's biochem prac is making me sad already.

And the practice questions suck. The beginning of one:

Alkaline phosphatase is assayed at a concentration of 1 ug/ml at room temperature in a 0.1 M glycine buffer, pH 9.5 in the presence of 5mM MgCl2 as a co-factor in the reaction. The substrate 4-nitrophenol phosphate (4-NPP) is added in a concentration range of between 0.05 mM and 3.0 mM. The appearance of the product, 4-nitrophenol (4-NP) can be monitored at 420nm (E= 15mM -1cm -1).

Does anyone want to go in my place tomorrow? Pleeeeease?

haha :(

KnifeySpoony

HSC
So what's with the access/tunnel thing from the law library to fisher library? is that ever going to open? from my understanding the law buildings been open for about a year now, though when i was on a tour during info day earlier this year the guy said "they were fixing the bugs" - surely it can't take that long.

izzy88

HSC
So what's with the access/tunnel thing from the law library to fisher library? is that ever going to open? from my understanding the law buildings been open for about a year now, though when i was on a tour during info day earlier this year the guy said "they were fixing the bugs" - surely it can't take that long.
well the cafe is still in the foyer rather in the room they intended it to be in. So, in terms of building and bureaucracy- yes, it can take a long time! :p

Kujah

HSC
N/A
it'd make life so much easier

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Tomorrow's biochem prac is making me sad already.

And the practice questions suck. The beginning of one:

Alkaline phosphatase is assayed at a concentration of 1 ug/ml at room temperature in a 0.1 M glycine buffer, pH 9.5 in the presence of 5mM MgCl2 as a co-factor in the reaction. The substrate 4-nitrophenol phosphate (4-NPP) is added in a concentration range of between 0.05 mM and 3.0 mM. The appearance of the product, 4-nitrophenol (4-NP) can be monitored at 420nm (E= 15mM -1cm -1).

Does anyone want to go in my place tomorrow? Pleeeeease?

haha :(
n = cv

HSC
oops i just saw another thread about this... sorry! but i guess it doesn't really matter since this thread is about anything right :)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
My friend uses this dropbox thing, which saves a copy of your shit onto a file on the internet, so even if all your crap gets stolen or blows up or whatever, it's still there.

PS- did you actually get robbed or is it an excuse?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
That sucks.

Lecturers are pretty good if you have a police report.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)