Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

HSC
pretty sure you just lose that percentage :) don't take my word for that though!

boganxcore, is that the BIOL1001/1911 report?? if so i haven't got mine back yet... :( but well done!!

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
are all assessments compulsory? let's say if you missed an assessment which was worth around 5 or 10%, would they fail you? or do you simply lost that percentage?
i'm enquiring about microeconomics by the way
you fail the entire subject

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Hey guys,
are all assessments compulsory? let's say if you missed an assessment which was worth around 5 or 10%, would they fail you? or do you simply lost that percentage?
i'm enquiring about microeconomics by the way
Depends on the assignment/course. Some subjects, you have to pass all assessments or you'll fail. Better check!

bio_nut

HSC
Also in some subjects you need to at least attempt the assessment, whether you fail or not. (though this certainly doesn't help in getting an overall pass)

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
still at uni for the first time in awhile.

And i never thought i'd say this, but 400/5000 odd due next wednesday, plus a 5 page report due monday, 20 page group report due next friday and 35% project due saturday after that. It's going to be a long weekend.
lol fool why aer u doing the management/rote subjects

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
lol fool why aer u doing the management/rote subjects
Well the first one is for thesis, and the others. well they were all non-management/rote subjects...up until the last assignments.

new info3220 (object oriented design, C++) course has a software architecture component at the end now that has a massive report. It is group work though.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
just want... the... semester to end

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Hey guys, I have an assignment task thats pass/fail. If I pass, I get 30/30 and if I fail I get 0 obviously. Anyway, say I hand this assignment in late, but still pass, will I still lose whatever percent for handing it in late, or will it sort of not count, since I pass and get 30?

Hope that wasn't confusing!

HSC
*blinks* ....... uhhh.......

i think you'd probably lose the percentage... but i'd take that up with the relevant unit of study people and find out from them...

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I have an assignment task thats pass/fail. If I pass, I get 30/30 and if I fail I get 0 obviously. Anyway, say I hand this assignment in late, but still pass, will I still lose whatever percent for handing it in late, or will it sort of not count, since I pass and get 30?

Hope that wasn't confusing!
pass/fail subjects dont have marks

only that you demonstrate competency

(assuming its an R/F sub)

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
pass/fail subjects dont have marks

only that you demonstrate competency

(assuming its an R/F sub)
It's not a pass/fail subject, it's a pass/fail assignment that needs to be handed in on the same day as another assignment for the same subject.

My overall mark is out of 70 by adding up the marks of the two individual assignments i.e. the pass/fail task is worth 30 marks and the portfolio is worth 40 marks.

So... :( Help, please?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
It's not a pass/fail subject, it's a pass/fail assignment that needs to be handed in on the same day as another assignment for the same subject.

My overall mark is out of 70 by adding up the marks of the two individual assignments i.e. the pass/fail task is worth 30 marks and the portfolio is worth 40 marks.

So... :( Help, please?
are you going to mod brit tomorrow?

edit: you don't go on monday nvm

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I'll be at uni! Just not in class. Did you want to do coffee?! :eek:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
yus plz :)

1-1:30/1:45ish? I have some stuff to do before my 2pm lecture. Footbridge cafe?

also, have they released preliminary lecture timetables for next sem yet? I don't need tutes or anything, just lectures so I can book flights for first week next sem

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
yus plz :)

1-1:30/1:45ish? I have some stuff to do before my 2pm lecture. Footbridge cafe?

also, have they released preliminary lecture timetables for next sem yet? I don't need tutes or anything, just lectures so I can book flights for first week next sem
Crappp can't. I have class from 1 - 4. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)