• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Semester 1 results (2005) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
7/10 for participation
!!!!!
Got this in an email. Looks like I have a chance to appeal

stazi

Nightman
HSC
cheers waffy.
Oh and apparently our marks are rounded up :)
However, I absolutely deserve every right to appeal and even get an apology from the tutor. 7/10. ha. That's just ridiculous.

tennille

HSC
W00t! 75 for chem. Didn't even think I'll get a credit. Sucks to be on the borderline, though.

fush

HSC
76 <-- Distinction for Chem,

I am very scared for maths and accouting though

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
I absolutely deserve every right to appeal and even get an apology from the tutor. 7/10. ha. That's just ridiculous.
don't u think that's a little arrogant
if u go in with that attitude there is no way you'll get anywhere

stazi

Nightman
HSC
gordo said:
don't u think that's a little arrogant
if u go in with that attitude there is no way you'll get anywhere
No. i am a believer in getting what you deserve. If i only worked for 7/10 participation I'd be happy. But if you feel like getting bored, here's an email. It's not arogance. It's knowing that you went out of your way to get a mark much higher than a credit for participation.

Dear Karem,

You will know me from one of your classes for MKTG1001. Paul has informed me of my participation mark (7/10) and I am at a loss as to how this mark is possible. This mark cheats me of a tentative transfer and will possibly result in me dropping out of uni, as I am unable to change courses. This, however, is not the reason I am appealing. I am appealing because I know, as well as my peers in this tutorial group, that I deserved far higher.

The UOS outline dictates that it’s quality, not quantity of contributions – I however meet both of these. I attended every single class. I read every single case study. Every page of every chapter of the required readings. I made sure that I contributed not only relevant, but original material in each and every lesson.

Here are some examples to refresh your memory:
At the start of semester you said that the tutorial participation mark will be determined by our attendance, our contribution to case studies and finally, our presentation for one of the four marketing plan activities.
1) Case Study for Virgin: I answered nearly every question until you said that other people who haven’t contributed yet should put their hands up. You complimented me on the quality of my contributions and preparation for it.

2) Marketing plan activity: Environmental analysis. If you would remember, I was the first off the blocks to do the presentation. No one wanted to follow suit as even you said ‘That was the best presentation with the best research and material from any of the groups I’ve seen in any of my tutorials.’ You told others not to feel intimidated and that they didn’t need to be at my level yet.

3) Case study: Buy Australian. Once again I answered many questions. I raised multiple points, for one even you said that ‘no other class has come up with that and nor did I. Excellent work’

4) Case study: in vino veritas: Very similar response to the previous case study. Also raised things that you had not thought of and the other classes haven’t. Pretty much me doing the talking for a large portion of this lesson.

5) Case study: pricing an online service: was a key contributor to the pricing mechanism, helped with the formulation of a good price. You kept agreeing with everything that I said, which was a lot.

6) Case study: D’Tomasu Cruising Cycles: we didn’t talk about this case study in great depth, as we were working mostly on the upcoming presentations. Once again, though, you kept complimenting me and agreeing with my contributions.

7) Listening skills for presentations: Did not talk and paid attention to all presentations. Asked one or two questions.

8) Attendance: Attended all 11/11 tutorials.

In comparison to my other subjects, I spent the most effort preparing for Marketing tutorials. Yet, I attained full marks for participation in my other subjects and a ridiculous 7/10 for marketing. I can not explain this mark unless it’s an administrative error. I have spoken to students in our marketing class and they could not believe how I, the core contributor, the person who held the class together and discussion flowing, could only get 7/10. I honestly think that I deserve 10/10. I am an honest guy and this isn’t just a means for me to scab marks, but I am a firm believer in getting the mark that you deserve.

Let me know if you need any further evidence for this appeal and I will be happy to provide it. As you can see I am very passionate in getting the 7/10 fixed up, which is almost a slap in the face to me based on the amount of work I did for and in tutorials.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
No. i am a believer in getting what you deserve. If i only worked for 7/10 participation I'd be happy. But if you feel like getting bored, here's an email. It's not arogance. It's knowing that you went out of your way to get a mark much higher than a credit for participation.

Dear Karem,

You will know me from one of your classes for MKTG1001. Paul has informed me of my participation mark (7/10) and I am at a loss as to how this mark is possible. This mark cheats me of a tentative transfer and will possibly result in me dropping out of uni, as I am unable to change courses. This, however, is not the reason I am appealing. I am appealing because I know, as well as my peers in this tutorial group, that I deserved far higher.

The UOS outline dictates that it’s quality, not quantity of contributions – I however meet both of these. I attended every single class. I read every single case study. Every page of every chapter of the required readings. I made sure that I contributed not only relevant, but original material in each and every lesson.

Here are some examples to refresh your memory:
At the start of semester you said that the tutorial participation mark will be determined by our attendance, our contribution to case studies and finally, our presentation for one of the four marketing plan activities.
1) Case Study for Virgin: I answered nearly every question until you said that other people who haven’t contributed yet should put their hands up. You complimented me on the quality of my contributions and preparation for it.

2) Marketing plan activity: Environmental analysis. If you would remember, I was the first off the blocks to do the presentation. No one wanted to follow suit as even you said ‘That was the best presentation with the best research and material from any of the groups I’ve seen in any of my tutorials.’ You told others not to feel intimidated and that they didn’t need to be at my level yet.

3) Case study: Buy Australian. Once again I answered many questions. I raised multiple points, for one even you said that ‘no other class has come up with that and nor did I. Excellent work’

4) Case study: in vino veritas: Very similar response to the previous case study. Also raised things that you had not thought of and the other classes haven’t. Pretty much me doing the talking for a large portion of this lesson.

5) Case study: pricing an online service: was a key contributor to the pricing mechanism, helped with the formulation of a good price. You kept agreeing with everything that I said, which was a lot.

6) Case study: D’Tomasu Cruising Cycles: we didn’t talk about this case study in great depth, as we were working mostly on the upcoming presentations. Once again, though, you kept complimenting me and agreeing with my contributions.

7) Listening skills for presentations: Did not talk and paid attention to all presentations. Asked one or two questions.

8) Attendance: Attended all 11/11 tutorials.

In comparison to my other subjects, I spent the most effort preparing for Marketing tutorials. Yet, I attained full marks for participation in my other subjects and a ridiculous 7/10 for marketing. I can not explain this mark unless it’s an administrative error. I have spoken to students in our marketing class and they could not believe how I, the core contributor, the person who held the class together and discussion flowing, could only get 7/10. I honestly think that I deserve 10/10. I am an honest guy and this isn’t just a means for me to scab marks, but I am a firm believer in getting the mark that you deserve.

Let me know if you need any further evidence for this appeal and I will be happy to provide it. As you can see I am very passionate in getting the 7/10 fixed up, which is almost a slap in the face to me based on the amount of work I did for and in tutorials.
good luck with that Stas

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
OK...not happy with chem.

Now hoping maths marks will be better than chem mark.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, 65 for psych, i thought i would have made 70, i thought i aced the exam, i suppose i didnt do crash hot in the essay, but my tutorial quizzes were all full marks, and i did half of experimatrix, woe betide me

tennille

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
these are exam marks, right? Not complete subject marks???

I got 60 for chem. Pass!

I'm so worried about bio and physics.
I thought it was the final assessment mark...I dunno.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
But how come the thing says "examination results"??

Who cares, the point is, I passed.

But still, I'm worried about bio and physics.
who knows. i think they mean post-examination results.

tennille

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
But how come the thing says "examination results"??

Who cares, the point is, I passed.

But still, I'm worried about bio and physics.
Physics. I'm smiling because I'm scared shitless of my exam result :D

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
YAY!!! i actually passed sociology!!!
i got 63... hoping these are exams marks and not final marks, cos then my final marks would go up.

so happy i passed... i just don't get sociology and i hated my tutor.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
YAY!!! i actually passed sociology!!!
i got 63... hoping these are exams marks and not final marks, cos then my final marks would go up.

so happy i passed... i just don't get sociology and i hated my tutor.
they are final marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)