Semester 1 Timetables (1 Viewer)

maz5

HSC
OK, I went from this:

to this:

I don't know which is worse! If I blot out Friday, my ARHT tute finishes at 7pm monday....and to be walking to Redfern station alone at 7pm....hmmm....

spence

HSC
OK, I went from this:

to this:

I don't know which is worse! If I blot out Friday, my ARHT tute finishes at 7pm monday....and to be walking to Redfern station alone at 7pm....hmmm....
I'm sure there'll be other people from your tute going to the station, if not you can get the security bus if you want.

I'd say its defs worth getting an extra day off by just doing one extra hour on monday

maz5

HSC
Haha, maybe if I was a strong man I wouldn't be a wimp. :p

Do many people use the security bus?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

What do I do about clashes? I have lectures for French and Linguistics at the same time and I'm not sure if that can be changed, because I've checked the timetabling unit and that's the only available running time.
You can't do anything about it. It happened to me last semester. Was shit but I got by in both subjects. Get notes off your friends/webct/whatever for the lectures you miss for both subjects and you should be fine

it's not really that much of a problem since they're both lectures.

konkzz

HSC
Hmm, does anyone have a fullproof reason that we can use? :D
May someone who has actually got their timetable changed to a personalised one please share their experience and what they did/said to get it done ?

.deimonic

HSC
Wtf my timetable is worse than my school timetable. Everyday I'm there at from 8am-3pm at least... tuesday and thursday are particularly bad ending at 6pm. Friday is the only day im off early and that's at 2pm.

Overall it's a 27 hr week. This sucks.

Last edited:

fush

HSC
May someone who has actually got their timetable changed to a personalised one please share their experience and what they did/said to get it done ?
It really isnt that hard, just say you want to move tutes around cause of work/sport commitments...blah blah... and if there is still room in the tutes that they are happy to do it.

and if they say no, just try again with another person. The timetable allocators dont really care most tbh, but dont be too picky, if they cant do it they cant do it.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Re: Summer '08-09 Chatter Thread

# Lecture 154 students but 4 have not been allocated classes. 18 students have another class at this time.

* FULL, want 120, size 150, limit 150, at Sem 1 Week 1-13 Mon 11:00

awesome, does that mean they might make a new one at another time? :D that would massively help my 8am start troubles

konkzz

HSC
It really isnt that hard, just say you want to move tutes around cause of work/sport commitments...blah blah... and if there is still room in the tutes that they are happy to do it.

and if they say no, just try again with another person. The timetable allocators dont really care most tbh, but dont be too picky, if they cant do it they cant do it.
So, where do we go to get it changed ? The thing is, most of the rooms says "OVERFLOW" and I'm worried I won't get the times I want.

Do I just rock up with the timetable I want (minus the classrooms since I don't know which rooms the lectures/tutorials are at) and show it to them and ask for mine to be changed like that ? Then, I would provide them with a reason should they ask for it ?

ddtng

HSC

Is how my timetable looks at the moment.

Clearly somebody screwed up (i.e. not me). Two of my units are missing completely.

I suspect that the Geoscience department made a slight oversight. I'm enrolled in a chem unit, and three geoscience units, two of which are at advanced level.

The chem unit and the non-advanced geoscience unit showed up, and according to the timetabling unit all geosciences advanced units don't have timetables.

Surely this would be sorted out by the time uni resumes?

ddtng

HSC

yay made mine somewhat better
Heyy it's another person enrolled in advanced sci who decided to do the blatantly non-science unit Economic Geography of Global Development. We're a rare breed. Milking the fact that it still counts as a 'science' unit.

Did you do the geog units last year?

Oh btw, the best way to get rid of maths at 8am is to not show up.

Last edited:

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

Is how my timetable looks at the moment.

Clearly somebody screwed up (i.e. not me). Two of my units are missing completely.

I suspect that the Geoscience department made a slight oversight. I'm enrolled in a chem unit, and three geoscience units, two of which are at advanced level.

The chem unit and the non-advanced geoscience unit showed up, and according to the timetabling unit all geosciences advanced units don't have timetables.

Surely this would be sorted out by the time uni resumes?
same lectures :p and same interests in majors i see

Last edited:

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Heyy it's another person enrolled in advanced sci who decided to do the blatantly non-science unit Economic Geography of Global Development. We're a rare breed. Milking the fact that it still counts as a 'science' unit.

Did you do the geog units last year?

Oh btw, the best way to get rid of maths at 8am is to not show up.
didn't even realise you replied to me when i replied to you just then. and yeah i'm planning on just not going. i just wish i did the maths last year instead of this year. :eek:

i did GEOS1002 last year (i was in a different/horrible degree last year and transferred over to adv sc). and who'd say no to a 3hr/week "science" unit? :)

Last edited:

slowjam10

HSC

Well after many hours of yelling at the computer screen...this is what I came up with...but I'm still annoyed about Wednesday...I want to swap it to Monday between 2.00 - 4.00pm....here's hoping...:D

I initially started with a 5 day timetable...with Tuesdays starting at 9.00am and finishing at 7pm ..and a few days with only one lecture each.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)