Semester 1 Timetables (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
I know what the problem is, and I've contacted the people who can fix it, but apart from that all I can't offer anything else. If you have questions about timetables, I'm happy to answer.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
now getting

TIMETABLES ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
The timetable server is currently not responding to requests. The timetable server is only available between the hours of 10:00am - 10:00pm from the release of Semester 1 timetables to April and from the release of Semester 2 timetables to September.

jet

Banned
HSC
Timetables are back up again.

Note that the 10:00am - 10:00pm hours are a guide. Whilst the server may be responding to requests outside these hours, we can't guarantee that this will always be the case.

jet

Banned
HSC
Try as hard as I might, I still can't make my timetable look nice :(

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Love that you can block off as many times as you want. You can pretty much make any timetable you want online now without wasting time doing it in person. A much welcome change.

jet

Banned
HSC
We've tried to make it easier to customise online. The yellow-coloured classes on your timetable are classes that won't move if you try to block off that time.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Love that you can block off as many times as you want. You can pretty much make any timetable you want online now without wasting time doing it in person. A much welcome change.
Agreed. Much better system than before.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
What they gave me:

What I changed to:

I think mine's better.

Proteus

HSC
timetable.jpg

Central timetable says there are two ECMT1010 classes on Monday and two on Thursday, both 8-10PM

If I block both Thursday and Friday 8-10pm off but it doesn't move to Monday 8-10PM, does that mean the class is currently full? :confused2:

I would really love it to be moved to Monday........... what can I do about it?!

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
I tried to get as many 12pm starts as possible.. pretty good I reckon.

Untitled.png

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
I work for the Timetable Unit. I'm not at liberty to say what the problem is, but it requires someone to fix it.

EDIT: On another tangent, some of you may have noticed that the website has changed dramatically compared to last Semester. I (and others) have put quite a bit of work into the new system and we'd love to hear your feedback. I'll also be taking feedback at timetable changes if you'd like to talk to us in person.
From what I hear from people, it seems to have gotten much better than it previously was.

However, one thing I've always disliked about timetabling at USYD (and still do now) is that if you get difficult clashes, you need someone to set the timetable up for you. This is very inconvenient and somewhat stupid because when there are difficult clashes they usually result from classes having only a single stream available and having staff to assist with timetabling won't do any good on making that timetable better. Why not allow individuals take care of their own timetable? Or if this is not possible due to programming matters or whatever, at least show them their timetable with those difficult clashes?

and yes, you can tell that I've got difficult clashes lol. PCOL+STAT isn't too good a combination.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
What happens if you decide to change your units even though you've received your timetable? Will the "withdrawn" status show up on your University transcript?

izzy88

HSC
What happens if you decide to change your units even though you've received your timetable? Will the "withdrawn" status show up on your University transcript?
Subjects withdrawn before the census date do not appear on your transcript. They only appear as withdrawn on myadmin.

Jetblack- I didn't have to hang around on the new timetabling site too long, but it definitely is easier to use. Great work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)