Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Can't do it like that lol.

On a typical 4 point scale a 3.0 gpa is the cutoff for distinction average so the Usyd equivalent (afaik) would probably be 6.0
I thought US used A, B, C, D, E, F not HD, D, C, P. maybe that's schools though, I'm not sure.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
Ugh my brain is too dead for this. I did some degree planning - if I want to do a forensic osteology subject I won't graduate until 2016. LAME-O. But I want to do my masters in Osteoarchaeology so it's like a try before you buy deal. Also, what's the USyd equivalent to a US 3.0 GPA?
hahahahha you're really taking this 'female indy' thing seriously aren't you

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Weighing out the benefits of taking a two day break. Don't know if it's a good idea with so many assessments on the horizon.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Weighing out the benefits of taking a two day break. Don't know if it's a good idea with so many assessments on the horizon.
do all your work and take Sat/Sun off.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
eLearning will be down this weekend so make sure you grab anything you need before the downtime.

Aysce

HSC
eLearning will be down this weekend so make sure you grab anything you need before the downtime.
Thanks for the heads up - it says on Blackboard that it's down on Sunday from 7AM-5PM :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Doesn't help that I have an annoying friend/Arts... kid, that complains about having to watch an episode of Kath and Kim for homework when I'm working my ass off on HBOnline.
HAHA! I as much as I would love to do that instead of the work I do now, I don't think I would complete it tbh

madharris

HSC
N/A
He spent half an hour bitching to me about it over Facebook.

Me the entire time: k

How long is an episode anyway?
I never watched it but I think i remember them being ~30 min, so ~22min without breaks

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Does everyone feel like they're struggling? :O

I find PHYS1901 extremely difficult to keep with and understand all of it with the time given...=/

madharris

HSC
N/A
Does everyone feel like they're struggling? :O

I find PHYS1901 extremely difficult to keep with and understand all of it with the time given...=/
Yeah I think I am, everyone was like you'll never have to work as hard as you are doing in the HSC ever again
nek minnit just as much work at uni if not more

I think it was just really unexpected

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I think I am, everyone was like you'll never have to work as hard as you are doing in the HSC ever again
nek minnit just as much work at uni if not more

I think it was just really unexpected
I always thought HSC wasn't difficult at all - at least, the content wasn't difficult. I knew uni was gonna be a lot tougher than HSC - hopefully I'm enough to get a pass or credit.

Honestly, I just wanted to know if it was just me or if most people were feeling like there is just too much work and that they're sorta trying to keep their head above the water.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)