Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
3000 word assignment for Environmental Law & Ethics.

****!

Also our lecturer starting talking about Hessian matrices in Applied Optimisation and the whole class went "lol wut."

Last edited:

shakky

HSC
3000 word assignment for Environmental Law & Ethics.

****!

Also our lecturer starting talking about Hessian matrices in Applied Optimisation and the whole class went "lol wut."
Same thing happened in Biostatistics, the lecturer was like "draw a stem and leaf plot" and everyone was like "what's a stem and leaf plot?" ahaha.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Same thing happened in Biostatistics, the lecturer was like "draw a stem and leaf plot" and everyone was like "what's a stem and leaf plot?" ahaha.
Don't they teach that in high school maths anymore?

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha, what? We went through sigma notation today in Biostatistics and was just wondering when we'd get to learning new concepts.

HSC
N/A
Don't they teach that in high school maths anymore?
They do in like year 9. If you do general maths for the hsc then you will review it there. Otherwise it is not done.

lol Resource Economics/ Geography. wtf is that? How does the involve any mathematics at all.

HSC
N/A
Hahaha, what? We went through sigma notation today in Biostatistics and was just wondering when we'd get to learning new concepts.
first lecture is meant to be pretty easy for all subjects. It's usually like a quick summary of the course and then basic refresher. It's just to get you back into study mode. More interesting stuff comes later.

jet

Banned
HSC
She told us the epic 'secret' to getting HD in Math after much delay lol.

"Read ahead".

And yeah it is quite cute lol. I also noticed that the more excited she gets (the more rigorous the explanation), the higher pitch she speaks with.
She's one of my favourite maths lecturers along with Parkinson and Easdown. She'll teach you a lot about proof which is invaluable later on so make sure you pay attention!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
She's one of my favourite maths lecturers along with Parkinson and Easdown. She'll teach you a lot about proof which is invaluable later on so make sure you pay attention!
I always do haha.

I think she has some sort of vendetta with the ZOOM function on the projector.

jet

Banned
HSC
I always do haha.

I think she has some sort of vendetta with the ZOOM function on the projector.
That sounds about right...

How many of her token lines have you heard yet? "We can all be mathemagicians, all you have to do is try!"

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I have absolutely terrible memory so I can't think of any just yet. I remember today she made a really cheesy math joke.

I'll ask Math Man he may remember.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
nonono PHYS1002.

Fundamentals of Physics.

Whilst studying Flux for Maths =(

shakky

HSC
Haha, no i was referring to Monday's lecture. Me and three other chicks in my row were like, "wtf, we never studied this". Lol, I love how you can just pass the unit by smashing the exam and just not turning up to the quiz and handing in that assignment. Even though he said its never been done before - Challenge accepted ahaha.

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Holy s**t, Dr Lisa Zedra is the best lecturer evar! :headbang::headbang:

vnkrr

HSC
Stephen Whelan, the ECON1001 lecturer is an outright weirdo. The amount of times he said alright and ok in the lecture this afternoon was not alright OR ok omg.

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha, no i was referring to Monday's lecture. Me and three other chicks in my row were like, "wtf, we never studied this". Lol, I love how you can just pass the unit by smashing the exam and just not turning up to the quiz and handing in that assignment. Even though he said its never been done before - Challenge accepted ahaha.
You must've had a different lecturer to mine, I had Dr Chan. Stem-and-leaf plots should be one of those simple graphs that everyone can do by the time they leave high school. It wasn't something we went through in HSC 2-unit but it's worth remembering.

Holy s**t, Dr Lisa Zedra is the best lecturer evar! :headbang::headbang:
*Zadro. Didn't she show you the list of names she'd get called instead of Zadro? ;D

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I remember my very first lecture ever.

9am Biostatistics.

Wasn't even meant to be in it and didn't know till a week of lectures.

Fell asleep 20 minutes in after seeing we were learning stem and leaf.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Carrotsticks, you're going to the Triathlon Club meat?

I'll probably be going as well.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
had claw1OO1 and buss1O3O (accounting) today. claw was amazing as usual. BUSS on the other hand was pretty boring + I was pretty annoyed by wallace theatre's inclined tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)