Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2008) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spence

HSC
Re: Semester 2 Chatter Thread

Yay geopol is over. Now got to learn macro since the midsem

04er

HSC

is it normal to only have 15% worth of assessment marks back for a subject, when the exam (worth 45%) is in only 3 days?

so frustrated!

stazi

Nightman
HSC

nope, not normal. then again, i was meant to get a 50% assignment 2 weeks ago. i called the lecturer today and her phone goes through to someone named "drew".

lol.

spence

HSC

So random at the station today. Some old guy sat next to me and asked what I was studying. I told him politics and he went on this rant about how all politicians are criminals, and how Obama is from Kenya and plans on blowing up the white house. I laughed

stazi

Nightman
HSC

spence said:
So random at the station today. Some old guy sat next to me and asked what I was studying. I told him politics and he went on this rant about how all politicians are criminals, and how Obama is from Kenya and plans on blowing up the white house. I laughed
Did you ask him if he posts on stormfront?

spence

HSC

stazi said:
Did you ask him if he posts on stormfront?
He probably does, I didn't stay to talk long, he started talking about a 9/11 conspiracy and then I'm like I have to go now

HSC

KarmaKitten said:
Plan for today. Continue revising ecop1003 and write mock responses to potential questions.

As for you geopol kids, in the exam last year, the short answer question were all from the reader. Eg "what did person A say about the effect of the tragedy of the commons".

So if you didn't know the readings, bad luck!
that exact question was in the exam today, tragedy of the commons, asking to define what it meant, i was lucky to read the lecture slide 20 minutes before the exam.

what essays did you all do? i did the one of US foreign policy after 9/11 and the impact of globalisation and gayopolitics on the rise of china.

spence

HSC

extraordinary07 said:
that exact question was in the exam today, tragedy of the commons, asking to define what it meant, i was lucky to read the lecture slide 20 minutes before the exam.

what essays did you all do? i did the one of US foreign policy after 9/11 and the impact of globalisation and gayopolitics on the rise of china.
I did the same essays as you. I think I went alright in the 9/11 one, not very well on China though

nick1689

HSC

spence said:
Could have been worse, not great though. You?
It was harder than i thought it was going to be, but i managed to get through it. I actually didnt answer the third short answer question, just because i didnt bother to summarise the reading for that question (i thought the ideas it had were pretty common, but i guess not... plus i ran out of time to go back to it at the end to make shit up)

extraordinary07 said:

I did the question about national politics, and if its still a powerful force today, or not. And the question about what is the most important issue we've discussed this year - i picked territory (it was actually pretty easy to argue out)

Did anyone not answer any of the short answers, or find a couple of the q's hard? Q12 of the short answers was pretty terrible, had to fudge alot of crap for that

Overall im pretty happy with the exam, but then again ive got david lewis as a tutor, so my mark automatically loses between 5-10 points with him marking...

spence

HSC

nick1689 said:
It was harder than i thought it was going to be, but i managed to get through it. I actually didnt answer the third short answer question, just because i didnt bother to summarise the reading for that question (i thought the ideas it had were pretty common, but i guess not... plus i ran out of time to go back to it at the end to make shit up)

I did the question about national politics, and if its still a powerful force today, or not. And the question about what is the most important issue we've discussed this year - i picked territory (it was actually pretty easy to argue out)

Did anyone not answer any of the short answers, or find a couple of the q's hard? Q12 of the short answers was pretty terrible, had to fudge alot of crap for that

Overall im pretty happy with the exam, but then again ive got david lewis as a tutor, so my mark automatically loses between 5-10 points with him marking...
everyone I've talked to made up question 12. I just cbf doing that reading

stazi

Nightman
HSC

lol...so the assignment that I was meant to get back 2 weeks ago will be returned next week. maybe. the lecturer was "knocked out" ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)