Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amber44

HSC
Re: Semester 2 Chatter Thread

stazi said:
lol...so the assignment that I was meant to get back 2 weeks ago will be returned next week. maybe. the lecturer was "knocked out" ??
knocked out or knocked up? hehe

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

spence said:
everyone I've talked to made up question 12. I just cbf doing that reading
I left out the short answer question on.. something... I think it was question 9? I did the essays on National Politics and the Sovereignty/Economics/Territory question. I bullshitted like a pro.

lala2

Banned
HSC

stazi said:
This is interesting:

History of WAMs for engineering project students

http://cassius.ee.usyd.edu.au/thesis/2005/WAM.htm
Haha neat you always find the most interesting stats. I liked the earlier you had about how many males and females were enrolled in each faculty. Well, I had two exams yesterday--PhysForm and pharm prac, so if anything I know how to study during stuvac for two exams at once. PhysForm was easier than last year's paper, but you had to know everything, which I definitely didn't--I sacrificed all my time for pharm prac. Hopefully I passed, and I say this with every crossable part of me crossed.

But someone made a valid point--if everyone fails (raw mark), they have to scale you up, so this is the only time where scaling can change the difference btw a pass and fail (apart from the fact that if your raw mark is a pass, they can never scale you down to a fail). And also, she pointed out that everyone was under stress--if they did well in physform they probably wouldn't do so well in pharm prac and vice versa.

pharm prac was, thank God, a very fair paper (and I don't know if it was fair because it was or because I had studied hard enough for it), so my efforts were at least rewarded in that department. I don't feel I did really well or anything like that, but I had that feeling when I walked out--that I'm certain that I passed that paper.

On the physical side of things, I didn't fare too well. Sunday night I literally did not sleep at all. I gave up studying at 2am and tossed and turned the whole night--like, I actually couldn't get any sleep. Usually my sleep is disturbed right before exams but I have periods of actual somnolence, however brief. This time, I didn't. My heart was racing so badly I thought maybe I had a fever (with the tossing and turning). I was lucky though, to be in a napping kind of state for the last hour of "sleep" but I was like a zombie from when I rose until the end of reading time even with Azzuri's excellent cappucino. Major scare there. I was hypertensive the whole day--couldn't eat a single thing, all blocked up....too much adrenaline, and even when I got home after all that, I didn't unblock until about 8pm. So that was like what, my first ever all-nighter, racing heart from 3am to 8pm, yeah. lol yeah you can tell how epic my day was from the length of this post. A beta blocker would definitely have been helpful here :rolleyes:

On a good note, they released the results of the second dispensing exam and I got excellents for both products I made :D So my final practical dispensing mark is 28/30. Now just for the written exam on Tuesday, and it's open book, so as long as I know which pages to flick through, I'm good :) Also, the faculty gave me a major scare yesterday by telling me I hadn't handed in my pharm prac externship forms, then this morning they replied they had found my forms. I think it's fated too (yeah I'm superstitious like that) that I met a friend who did pharm and is now doing med straight after our exams yesterday and we had a good chat. Out of all days I had to come to uni on exam period, and he wasn't supposed to come in today but did as he had to submit marking (he's a tutor with the pharm faculty, how convenient). Hopefully that bodes well for my results.

Yeah, epic day it was yesterday. Now to buckle down for my beautiful 8am start on Friday and remaining theoretical exams. And trust me, I got really good sleep last night so feeling all ready to go!

stazi

Nightman
HSC

I was angry at my exam yesterday, as they didn't let me bring in a V.

wtf? why does it HAVE to be water?

nick1689

HSC

KarmaKitten said:
Your tutors mark your exams? I thought it was done randomly
Apparently not this time, according to my tutor

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC

lala2 said:
Haha neat you always find the most interesting stats. I liked the earlier you had about how many males and females were enrolled in each faculty. Well, I had two exams yesterday--PhysForm and pharm prac, so if anything I know how to study during stuvac for two exams at once. PhysForm was easier than last year's paper, but you had to know everything, which I definitely didn't--I sacrificed all my time for pharm prac. Hopefully I passed, and I say this with every crossable part of me crossed.

But someone made a valid point--if everyone fails (raw mark), they have to scale you up, so this is the only time where scaling can change the difference btw a pass and fail (apart from the fact that if your raw mark is a pass, they can never scale you down to a fail). And also, she pointed out that everyone was under stress--if they did well in physform they probably wouldn't do so well in pharm prac and vice versa.

pharm prac was, thank God, a very fair paper (and I don't know if it was fair because it was or because I had studied hard enough for it), so my efforts were at least rewarded in that department. I don't feel I did really well or anything like that, but I had that feeling when I walked out--that I'm certain that I passed that paper.

On the physical side of things, I didn't fare too well. Sunday night I literally did not sleep at all. I gave up studying at 2am and tossed and turned the whole night--like, I actually couldn't get any sleep. Usually my sleep is disturbed right before exams but I have periods of actual somnolence, however brief. This time, I didn't. My heart was racing so badly I thought maybe I had a fever (with the tossing and turning). I was lucky though, to be in a napping kind of state for the last hour of "sleep" but I was like a zombie from when I rose until the end of reading time even with Azzuri's excellent cappucino. Major scare there. I was hypertensive the whole day--couldn't eat a single thing, all blocked up....too much adrenaline, and even when I got home after all that, I didn't unblock until about 8pm. So that was like what, my first ever all-nighter, racing heart from 3am to 8pm, yeah. lol yeah you can tell how epic my day was from the length of this post. A beta blocker would definitely have been helpful here :rolleyes:

On a good note, they released the results of the second dispensing exam and I got excellents for both products I made :D So my final practical dispensing mark is 28/30. Now just for the written exam on Tuesday, and it's open book, so as long as I know which pages to flick through, I'm good :) Also, the faculty gave me a major scare yesterday by telling me I hadn't handed in my pharm prac externship forms, then this morning they replied they had found my forms. I think it's fated too (yeah I'm superstitious like that) that I met a friend who did pharm and is now doing med straight after our exams yesterday and we had a good chat. Out of all days I had to come to uni on exam period, and he wasn't supposed to come in today but did as he had to submit marking (he's a tutor with the pharm faculty, how convenient). Hopefully that bodes well for my results.

Yeah, epic day it was yesterday. Now to buckle down for my beautiful 8am start on Friday and remaining theoretical exams. And trust me, I got really good sleep last night so feeling all ready to go!
O M G uve got to be kidding me!

save the writing for the essays!!!

lala2

Banned
HSC

^^lol yeah I should've become an Arts student hey. I've always had a problem with overwriting. Fortunately there's no word limit on posts here otherwise I think I'd be double and triple posting (which is what I do on FB).

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

lala2 said:
^^lol yeah I should've become an Arts student hey. I've always had a problem with overwriting. Fortunately there's no word limit on posts here otherwise I think I'd be double and triple posting (which is what I do on FB).
It's like 10 000 characters.

lala2

Banned
HSC

lol ok I'm not that bad. Since you commented, I checked with Word and I wrote 2,708 characters w/o spaces, or 635 words. I didn't know 600 words was so much, then again, it's pretty small considering word limits of uni essays.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

a typical uni essay is 1500 words +/- 10%. So, you wrote half an academic essay.

lala2

Banned
HSC

Really? :eek: I always thought it was around 2000-3000 words. I think I might have a future in excessive essay writing after pharmacy...

uder

HSC

stazi said:
nope, not normal. then again, i was meant to get a 50% assignment 2 weeks ago. i called the lecturer today and her phone goes through to someone named "drew".

lol.
Check BB.

lala2

Banned
HSC

I am now listed as officially attending Bush's last day in office and a member of the When I was your age, the first African American president was elected group. I also received an email (albeit several days ago but never really paid attention) that my CONS funding application through the NHRN has been accepted. This means my flight and registration costs of going to NAPSA congress in late Jan will be reimbursed :D So many good things so far, hope the same bodes for my results.

historykidd

HSC

funkshen said:
Geopol is dumb.
fucking agreed fuck you extraordinary07 you daft son of a bitch at least engl1000 was redeemed by gamey

AntiJap

HSC
N/A

lala2 said:
I am now listed as officially attending Bush's last day in office and a member of the When I was your age, the first African American president was elected group. I also received an email (albeit several days ago but never really paid attention) that my CONS funding application through the NHRN has been accepted. This means my flight and registration costs of going to NAPSA congress in late Jan will be reimbursed :D So many good things so far, hope the same bodes for my results.
Hey, how was the pharmprac exam for you last year? Did they repeat many of the practice questions at all?

HSC

lol...I've been finished uni for about 36 hours and I'am already bored...All of my friends are cramming...need to build up motivation to find a job

KarmaKitten

HSC

Silver Persian: You lucky bastard! How can you be bored already!!!!!

My december is completely taken up by work, which sucks :( but i've calculated that i am set to make $4000 that month working all those extra days and public holidays.

HSC

KarmaKitten said:
Silver Persian: You lucky bastard! How can you be bored already!!!!!
I won't be bored once some friends have finished, and when I've got a job. Atm I'm just sitting around the house feeling purposeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)