Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala2

Banned
HSC
It's funny. I tested the system to see if it would physically let me get to the adding subjects bit for pre-enrolment, and it did. I was even able to select subjects from the years below, but don't worry, I didn't actually press the "add" button. I would've thought it wouldn't let people expecting to finish this year actually try to pre-enrol. On the demographics preamble before the adding subjects page, it asked "do you intend to graduate by the end of 2010?" and I was like.....yes. More like by 2009 if all goes well (and I fully intend it to).

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
nobody reads queer honi or womens honi besides the respective interest groups, because the issues are pointless, boring, dull and discriminatory.

not that i give a shit, and nor does anyone else apparently, given the shockingly low distribution of this weeks honi soit

about time we give up the women's honi given that women aren't a repressed minority at uni (or out of uni imo). dunno about queer honi, since i think it serves a purpose, albeit one i care not for.
I never realise it's queer/women's honi til I read it.

The queer one is usually alright, but the women's one is always a load of tripe about how we're all oppressed and we need some bullshit autonomous space because we sure as shit can't write in the normal honi or sit on a table in manning because there are MEN there and they will RAPE us, even if it's just by not actively campaigning against rape.
Hear hear. Women's Honi is quite frankly offensive.

HSC
Seeing a swarm of rabid leftists descend upon Nebuchanezzar and kokodamonkey would be quite entertaining. I approve of your plan.

lala2

Banned
HSC
The course coordinator for PHAR4616 is so nice....I was expecting the extension to last a week but she's given me up to week 13. That's a potentially four week extension. That big bunch of flowers I was planning to give just got even bigger....

HSC
Sigh. Scholarship applications are due in three weeks and I don't know what I want to do.

I'm a terrible decision maker. :(

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Putting the finishing touches on my film deconstruction.

Then I'll polish my science unit of work.

Should get them both done and dusted today. May even get to work on maths.

HSC
Scholarships for PhD I'm assuming? What are your other options?
Yep. Options are:
1) Take year off and travel
2) Try and get into PhD course in Australia
3) Try and get into PhD course in UK/US
4) Get full time job
5) Do a non-useless undergraduate degree

Nebuchanezzar said:
do a chem degree at anu m8
Nah read some Max Horkheimer m8. Science is a bourgeois conspiracy. You should be ashamed of yourself for doing sciece at a tertiary institution.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yep. Options are:
1) Take year off and travel
2) Try and get into PhD course in Australia
3) Try and get into PhD course in UK/US
4) Get full time job
5) Do a non-useless undergraduate degree
Good luck with whatever you decide. I'd be interested to see what the PhD opportunities are like overseas compared to here. Forgive me, but I shall have to join the "what job can you get with that?" crowd. Is there anything you could do with your degree in terms of a fulltime grad job?

In other news, my procrastination habit has just gone up exponentially. Look what I did for the last 45 minutes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)