Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2009) (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you mean as in postoffices are caretakers of passports until the recipient picks them up or was it registered post and you missed it? I always assumed you had to go to....idk some sort of consulate office :confused:
Passports are done at post offices. You'd only use a consulate/embassy if you were a foreign citizen.

Gonna be in the Q & A audience this week. Seeing as I have never watched an episode in my life, should be interesting,
Oh you'll enjoy that. It's good fun, even if the panel is shit.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
I did it

can't remember any portfolio business though, what do you have to do?
Don't worry! It's all cleared up with my tutor and unit coordinator. It's really lame though because it's roughly 2500 words and that's not enough to do everything the portfolio requires you to do. :(

Oh btw, it's a reflection sort of thing where I discuss any critical incidents, success/failure etc and refer to relevant material on classes I observed/taught.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
did you do prac jayadore? how did it go lol?

omg my dimethylaminofulvene and thiophene 1,1-dioxide are bubbling away on the fifth level of the chem building, hopefully yielding azulene tommorow when i get there.

:cold:

im worried

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Well it was prac arranged by the student, so basically if you do tutoring like I do, then you could just do that and get your boss to sign off. So yeah, it went fine because I know the kids really well already. Last week, this girl in grade 6 baked me a cupcake though. And then the day after, this boy in my grade seven class baked a batch of cookies from scratch for the entire class. :eek:

I did go back to my old high school for observation though. That was really weird. I had morning tea with all my teachers and they were bitching about the students etc. You never know what happens behind the closed doors of the teacher faculty lounge :O Or at least, I was not prepared for it.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
probably. if it was in the morning would have been around the o'clocks of 10 and 11.

im always in the chem building lol :(

mon: 10-11
tue: 10-11, 1-5
wed: 10-11, 1-5
fri: 1-5

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
lol yeah it was just before my lab, so 10am, down the bottom level. im always in the chem building too. :(

olol nah i delete as i go now. i had 3000 once
hmmm. yes i'd say that would have been me.

who wants a taste of senior organic chem lab eh? this is what i assume is the mechanism for the final steps of our route. a cycloaddition reaction followed by some kind of convoluted elimination reaction, and lastly another odd elimination? very unsure about the last two but im sure the first one is right. makes sense right? who knows chem?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
hmmm. yes i'd say that would have been me.

who wants a taste of senior organic chem lab eh? this is what i assume is the mechanism for the final steps of our route. a cycloaddition reaction followed by some kind of convoluted elimination reaction, and lastly another odd elimination? very unsure about the last two but im sure the first one is right. makes sense right? who knows chem?

lol

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
YAY! My group member is picking up the slack. I have also learnt to be assertive :eek:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
easiest way to do well in group assignments is to do them yourself. My take anyway.

Who's going to unsw oktoberfest? Cant believe I have only met two usyd bosers...(and i met nebs in first year!)

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Assignments for 2 subjects got pushed back a couple of weeks, so i'm going to unsw oktoberfest. Gotta get there nice and early though before the lines build up.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ill look for pink hair, but I usually think of nebs when I think pink hair. I have no idea where wallace is ;) Science student = carslaw/madsen.

Interview at Port Kembla in about 11 hours. Going to take 3 hours from my place =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)