Semester 2 Chatter Thread 2014. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah, Amleops, I saw you walking across the Wentworth Bridge yesterday but didn't say Hi. So ummm hi! :p

@LHS - didn't get to go to HPSC this week. :'(

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Upon further calculations, it seems that if I didn't do advanced, my raw mark would be ~85.7 which is consistent with my mark. Perhaps for SSP, you get the better mark of either SSP or advanced weightings.

bangladesh

HSC
still on lookout for somewhere to print for free.. Madsen building was a no go

antheung

HSC
N/A
My credit transfer issue seems to be resolved, finally, although it took like half a month ...

To Amleops: After your course transfer, when you read your academic transcript for your new course, do you see the grades and marks you got from last semester at USyd, or just the credit points? I only see the credit points but not the grades/marks; I wonder if the official transcript shows the same as the on Sydney Student. :mad3:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
CHEM2915 scaled up 84.6-->86. So basically, next to no scaling.
Scaling generally has a 'diminishing returns' structure. The higher the raw mark, the less they are scaled. Pretty sure if you had like a raw mark of say 65 it would be different story.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Scaling generally has a 'diminishing returns' structure. The higher the raw mark, the less they are scaled. Pretty sure if you had like a raw mark of say 65 it would be different story.
That's also true - it's really hard to say if there's scaling. That's assuming the mark I got wasn't just calculated as if I was in adv (which is exactly 86).

By the way, marking in chemistry is super fucking harsh - make 1 error and get 0 for the rest of the question, no carry-on stuff.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
My credit transfer issue seems to be resolved, finally, although it took like half a month ...

To Amleops: After your course transfer, when you read your academic transcript for your new course, do you see the grades and marks you got from last semester at USyd, or just the credit points? I only see the credit points but not the grades/marks; I wonder if the official transcript shows the same as the on Sydney Student. :mad3:
When you apply for credit I don't believe they take the marks into consideration. The credit points count towards your degree but you don't carry the marks on, hence it doesn't appear on your transcript or your WAM.

antheung

HSC
N/A
When you apply for credit I don't believe they take the marks into consideration. The credit points count towards your degree but you don't carry the marks on, hence it doesn't appear on your transcript or your WAM.
What a waste. :(

Edit:
I know that the units that I completed at another institution will only carry credit points and not marks/grades, but are the marks and grades of the units that I completed while in combined Science AT USYD will not be shown on the transcript of my Science course !?

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
We have free printing in mtrx lab

And $1 drinks

And Xbox

mirin?

Mate we have kinect with the xbox too lol.

Drinks are free with the right contacts (soft drink and beer too lol).

3d printers for student use.

3-4 bbqs a fortnight.

living the lyf.

Also, I actually did have the opportunity to come down today. Though no-one said anything so I assumed meat was a no go lol. I would have come down for a while actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)