Semester 2 Chatter Thread 2014. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Mate we have kinect with the xbox too lol.

Drinks are free with the right contacts (soft drink and beer too lol).

3d printers for student use.

3-4 bbqs a fortnight.

living the lyf.

Also, I actually did have the opportunity to come down today. Though no-one said anything so I assumed meat was a no go lol. I would have come down for a while actually.
cannot confirm

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
cannot confirm

Well because you said that I have to reply here now ..... :/

Lel.

Got free drinks all day yesterday because everything was ours. Chilled back at office and had unlimited access to drinks of all sorts. Hence why I had about 2L of soft drink yesterday (can't go on the beer, I was deriving and driving).

3d printers are for student use. Jeez you haven't actually made any contacts in CSE have you? 3d printing access any time.

CSE and ELSOC bbqs. CSE every week. ELSOC once a fortnight. Occasional double up BBQ can be found at random on campus (yesterday I got 5 sausage sizzles and 2 hash browns).

Stop derailing.

they are trying to sound cool

it's working #doubtingthenewsouth :p
Lol.

Stop derailing and if you wish to reply, make it in your thread. This is not the place for your derailing.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
What a waste. :(

Edit:
I know that the units that I completed at another institution will only carry credit points and not marks/grades, but are the marks and grades of the units that I completed while in combined Science AT USYD will not be shown on the transcript of my Science course !?
Sorry my bad, I think if your dropping down from Combined Science to Science then your science course marks/grades will be transferred. I didn't do any science units for last semester when I was in the Combined program, so it's not an issue that I've had to address personally.

Bring it up with Student Services and hopefully they'll sort it out.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry my bad, I think if your dropping down from Combined Science to Science then your science course marks/grades will be transferred. I didn't do any science units for last semester when I was in the Combined program, so it's not an issue that I've had to address personally.

Bring it up with Student Services and hopefully they'll sort it out.
The units will appear twice on your transcript. One will appear under your old degree and one under your new degree but the one under your new degree won't have a mark, only credit point value.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Just checked and the page for my transcripts on Sydney Student have disappeared.

Might look into it in the future if I need it, but even so, this is ridiculous.

antheung

HSC
N/A
Thank you, someth1ng and Amleops, for your replies. :)

Will those units that I did while in the combined Science course still count towards the WAM and/or SCIWAM of my Science course though?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you, someth1ng and Amleops, for your replies. :)

Will those units that I did while in the combined Science course still count towards the WAM and/or SCIWAM of my Science course though?
Sydney Student is so screwed with transcripts atm.

But if you drop the combined part of your degree or from a stream (say Adv) the credit points do count for their value. Oddly enough, anything you have to apply for UAC (say to pick up a combined degree) they credit it but it's like refreshing your WAM from scratch (even if they are all USYD units). (I dunno if this is meant to prevent cherry picking of units or something to graduate with a 100 WAM eventually LOL)

It's kind of confusing, so best to check with Science office. And urgh Sydney Student is really laggy, honestly when I changed subjects it like deleted my July unit and was laggy as hell and WTH.

antheung

HSC
N/A
Sydney Student is so screwed with transcripts atm.

But if you drop the combined part of your degree or from a stream (say Adv) the credit points do count for their value. Oddly enough, anything you have to apply for UAC (say to pick up a combined degree) they credit it but it's like refreshing your WAM from scratch (even if they are all USYD units). (I dunno if this is meant to prevent cherry picking of units or something to graduate with a 100 WAM eventually LOL)

It's kind of confusing, so best to check with Science office. And urgh Sydney Student is really laggy, honestly when I changed subjects it like deleted my July unit and was laggy as hell and WTH.
Thanks LHS.

Do we have to pay our fees by 19 August? The amount that I should pay doesn't match the amount shown on Sydney Student (apparently I'm being charged for both combined Science and the single degree, although I have already transferred between them) and I don't know if I should pay until they fix it. :( (I pay upfront)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks LHS.

Do we have to pay our fees by 19 August? The amount that I should pay doesn't match the amount shown on Sydney Student (apparently I'm being charged for both combined Science and the single degree, although I have already transferred between them) and I don't know if I should pay until they fix it. :( (I pay upfront)
You don't defer your fees to HECs?

You should only have to pay the SA fee date (for one course) iirc. It's a fault in SS to be debited twice. Um unless you have SA help?

antheung

HSC
N/A
You don't defer your fees to HECs?

You should only have to pay the SA fee date (for one course) iirc. It's a fault in SS to be debited twice. Um unless you have SA help?
No I pay upfront, without deferring my fees to HECS. By "SA fee" do you mean just the Student Amenities fees? I think the Student Amenities fee are charged correctly; it's the fees for my units of study that are wrong: I'm being charged for my Science course (which is correct) AND my combined Science course (which I have transferred out of), which means I'm being charged like twice the amount that I should pay.

I've spoken to the Student Centre in Week 1 but they still haven't fixed the problem by now.:vcross:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
If chemistry and physics were secret lovers and had a child that love child would be called electron microscopy. D:

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
This is the second week in a row that I haven't been able to find the readings for GEOS anywhere (apart from one website which costs money).

LHS, someth1ng, any of you have a link?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I was under the impression you get to coat things in gold and then shoot electron beams at them. No? :(
Still early days but we shall see... right now we get to see how negative electrons travel towards the uncharged anode. Fun!

I think we will be using copper grids - cheaper.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The excellent Sydney Student system had me enrolled in a random sixth unit I had withdrawn from over a year ago LOL (but was unseeable to me until uni was like how did you manage to enrol in 36 cp in one semester)

</3 Sydney Student

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)