Semester 2 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
If only I could be as joyous as you, Party Harris :p

On a more positive note, Danny Liu is the greatest lecturer I've had. I shall make him mine.

<3
Danny Liu - the best! :D LHS made me see the light of his pure awesomeness. :p

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
haha thanks :)
I don't know why but suddenly geriatrics seems so amazing + all the things that I did and saw today just made me smile :) (but when aren't I smiling? hahahaha!)
That's so true, naw so adorable Party Harriss!

If only I could be as joyous as you, Party Harris :p

On a more positive note, Danny Liu is the greatest lecturer I've had. I shall make him mine.

<3
Bitch pls, I've loved Danny since the start of university. I started his appreciation society and he knows me by first name.

He should have taught all of MBLG.

Sure you will be once you don't have to do all this studying that you're doing :D

I told you to transfer to speech or radiography! You'll like it even more than OT ;)
The ratios aren't really what's hindering our little someth1ng as I keep telling him...he could be in nursing and strike out abysmally as well.

You told me wouldn't do paeds. :p

ewwww chem

Also, when is the Raue thing happening?
I'm legit interested
Apparently there'll be a meeting that all USU members can attend (no ACCESS for me doe).
Friday.

Danny Liu - the best! :D LHS made me see the light of his pure awesomeness. :p
It doesn't take much to convert people to the church of Danny.

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
Bitch pls, I've loved Danny since the start of university. I started his appreciation society and he knows me by first name.

He should have taught all of MBLG.

The ratios aren't really what's hindering our little someth1ng as I keep telling him...he could be in nursing and strike out abysmally as well.
Haha, my only regret of not doing MBLG1901. Reading through the appreciation society posts - damn you must really love this guy :haha:

Hahahahahahha nah m8; he can just flex his chem-ceps and all da ladies will chase after him ;)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha, my only regret of not doing MBLG1901. Reading through the appreciation society posts - damn you must really love this guy :haha:

Hahahahahahha nah m8; he can just flex his chem-ceps and all da ladies will chase after him ;)
Hahaha, and it's all purely academic jest Aysce lace.

M8, last time I was in a chem class with someth1ng, I believe the ladies were doing the opposite of chasing him. I wouldn't trust his accounts.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Went to the psychiatric ward of the hospital today :)
Was interesting to see the difference between the rehab patients and the patients in the lockup psychiatric ward

Was a bit scary and confronting at times but I had heaps of fun :)
I don't think I'll be doing mental health OT though :\

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest it doesn't sound as good as you would think it would be.
I think like >80% of OT's want to get into paeds (all you really do is assess and do your intervention by playing with them) however I reckon only about 10% only go into it in the end
That actually sounds a lot better than doctor paeds, which is like having parents yell at you about their sick child all the time.

Im busy Friday
I was really looking forward to all the cray people's twitter posts

I guess I can always read a biased Honi article on Monday. ~~

and just because I've been finally catching up on all the stuff I should know about, here's some more info in regards to what he did/what will be happening http://yourunionboard.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/further-information-concerning-motion.html
Yeah, he's probs gonna get dumped.
But will they have to replace him?

lolo
Poor king

That awkward moment when English sends you an email saying they don't understand how trauma relates to the history or philosophy of science and you're being too ambitious within a 15k paper so no, they won't let you do a joint honours after all.

:'(

little do they know, the fight is not yet over.
if they don't understand it they should be interested in how someone else presents it
Gosh

Went to the psychiatric ward of the hospital today :)
Was interesting to see the difference between the rehab patients and the patients in the lockup psychiatric ward

Was a bit scary and confronting at times but I had heaps of fun :)
I don't think I'll be doing mental health OT though :\
Is mental health OT not gr8 or was it just too confronting or?

I need to check out a psych ward for proppers sometime

For the next step in our Blue Suede tried to persuade the English Department to let her do a joint honours, we have the department changing their requirements to get into honours. For a major in the subject, you need to complete 12 credits of jnr Eng and 36 credits of snr Eng. For those who started their degree after 2011, you need to complete 48 credits of snr Eng to be eligible for the honour's program.

Technically, I started this degree in sem 2 2010, and at the end of this semester I'll have completed 42 credits of snr Eng. But because three years have elapsed, and pretty much no-one from pre-2011 is still doing their bachelor's (or at least not applying for honours), they're not counting the fact I started 6 months before the change in degree structure. And therefore I'm not eligible.

What a complete and utter pain in the arse.

Time to ramp things up a notch.
But they changed it after your thingy
If they had said previously that it would apply to you I'm sure you would've just done another English unit.
Gosh.
What meanies.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh good lord, the thesis is due in less than a week.

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
What are the requirements for transferring to engineering from science, specifically civil? i wont be able to for another year (need to complete more junior units), but im curious. Also, if you can get a certain amount of credit, do you just take some electives in your first year?

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
What are the requirements for transferring to engineering from science, specifically civil? i wont be able to for another year (need to complete more junior units), but im curious. Also, if you can get a certain amount of credit, do you just take some electives in your first year?
credit average?

Just do part time in first year.
All of your units will transfer over because you have to do first year maths units for engg.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thesis due in 13 hours wowowowowo

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you finished?
Nope, not yet.

Still need to finish the discussion and conclusion + some comprehensive editing all throughout.

I should be done in a few hours though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)