Semester 2 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
he was bad in math1002 as well. I am going to come to the 8 am class next week to compare which lecturer is better
Assuming this is for MATH1003, I would HIGHLY suggest otherwise regarding what you're thinking of doing. I'm in the 8 am class and the lecturer , has very little idea of what he is actually saying. He constantly "Umm"'s and easily loses track of what he is saying. I have been to Dr Crossman's lecture as well (11am) and he is not much better either, despite having slightly better explanations.

I recommend you go to Zhou Zhang's lecture in Wallace at 11am, Thursday and Friday. He has a slight accent although it is easy to understand him (for me personally), he knows what he's doing and he teaches in a manner that is coherent and clear to the student. Do not go to the 8 am lecture - I went again this morning and am extremely appalled with the way he is teaching this unit.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Assuming this is for MATH1003, I would HIGHLY suggest otherwise regarding what you're thinking of doing. I'm in the 8 am class and the lecturer , has very little idea of what he is actually saying. He constantly "Umm"'s and easily loses track of what he is saying. I have been to Dr Crossman's lecture as well (11am) and he is not much better either, despite having slightly better explanations.

I recommend you go to Zhou Zhang's lecture in Wallace at 11am, Thursday and Friday. He has a slight accent although it is easy to understand him (for me personally), he knows what he's doing and he teaches in a manner that is coherent and clear to the student. Do not go to the 8 am lecture - I went again this morning and am extremely appalled with the way he is teaching this unit.
wow,thanks man!
Wallace it is

HSC
Lol who even is that lecturer for the 8am....

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I know I'm meant to be BoS-dead but MBLG1001 is scaring the fuck out of me.

:cry:

Hold me.
I'm obviously in delusion in MBLG1901 then-what's bad about it? (I haven't had prac yet?)

I could probably (hopefully) handle the theory component but what worries me about the practical component is the calculations.

They're not exactly the hardest in the world, but I'm just not very good at them. :(
They look okay compared to straight chem (well it's still chem, but not like the crazy chem calcs).

I realised.
Stalker, I also was not at uni today but I only have one lecture on Friday and had something else important on.

enoilgam

HSC
For one of my subjects we have 3 assessments across the semester (worth 25%, 40% and 35% respectively). For one of these, we MUST play a 'joker' card. The joker card means that instead of doing one of the essay questions provided, you must do something creative instead that gives some sort of insight into a text from the course of our choice.

In the past people have written plays, done photo montages, someone even developed a web page that was designed as a 'choose your own adventure' type thing. So super keen for this!
I wish I had your subjects.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
For one of my subjects we have 3 assessments across the semester (worth 25%, 40% and 35% respectively). For one of these, we MUST play a 'joker' card. The joker card means that instead of doing one of the essay questions provided, you must do something creative instead that gives some sort of insight into a text from the course of our choice.

In the past people have written plays, done photo montages, someone even developed a web page that was designed as a 'choose your own adventure' type thing. So super keen for this!
And that my friends is why arts degrees get a bad rep. (I assume this is an arts subject otherwise this will be awkward)

enoilgam

HSC
And that my friends is why arts degrees get a bad rep. (I assume this is an arts subject otherwise this will be awkward)
To be honest, I'd gain way more with assessments like that then with some of the current crap I do.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Tbf, it does require more thinking to come up with something like that rather than your standard essay/report fare.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Dr Crossman is not a very good lecturer. I couldn't follow.
I have him for MATH1003 as well, and I totally agree. I got next to nothing from that Thursday lecture.

But yeah, I can definitely recommend Zhang, I went to his lecture today and he was much more organised and explained everything better. I'll be going there from now on too.

Last edited:
HSC
Just switch to advanced. Better lecturers, better scaling, better environment.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
How so, this is one of the better things. In a workplace situation you won't always have essay style reports, you may have to present it in a different way to stand out. It challenges different skills.

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Just switch to advanced. Better lecturers, better scaling, better environment.
But I don't want to do advanced maths this year.
Also the lecturer for 8am normal stream is Dr Andrew Papanicolou

Also anyone else here doing PHYS1500?

Last edited:

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
either of you in the thursday 1pm tute or the wednesday 10am lab

witide

HSC
I'm in the 8am stream for MATH1003 with Andrew Papanicolaou. He's a nice guy, but not too charismatic. Kinda reminds me of Liev Schreiber. He comes prepared and organised for the lectures though and does a good job of going through all the content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)