Semester 2 USYD Chatter Thread 2013 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Most of my assessments are out of the way :)
Only 3/18 left (not including exams)
And only have 2 exams as well :) - 1 subject :D

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel like there's a filter on that.

This is from my phone (terrible quality) but I kinda love how it looks like someone just dropped a sepia screen behind the city skyline.

there probably is, it isnt my photo.

cookiez69

What a stupid name, Nat.
HSC
Hey guys, it's Aysce (on my brother's account).

For those of you who have done ATHK1001 (Analytical thinking), could you please offer some opinions?

I'm planning to take it but I also need to do another elective that is useful to me and will also enable me to maximise my WAM. WRIT1001 is another elective I plan on doing since it is useful to me and is apparently a little easier.

I would also like to have some recommendations of electives that will help improve my logical thinking skills, data analysis and essay writing in terms of structure and also content and whatnot. I am looking at Blue Suede in particular haha, any recommendations? :)

Thanks.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A

For those of you who have done ATHK1001 (Analytical thinking), could you please offer some opinions?

I'm planning to take it but I also need to do another elective that is useful to me and will also enable me to maximise my WAM. WRIT1001 is another elective I plan on doing since it is useful to me and is apparently a little easier.

I would also like to have some recommendations of electives that will help improve my logical thinking skills, data analysis and essay writing in terms of structure and also content and whatnot. I am looking at Blue Suede in particular haha, any recommendations? :)

Thanks.
ATHK1001 and WRIT1001 was a breeze. ATHK1001 had content on simple statistics and logical fallacies etc. WRIT1001 required you to come up with an ideal topic or interest/question in which you will write up at the end of semester - during the semester there a simple writing tasks and group work. :p

Some elective choices: SLSS1001, SLSS1003, HPSC1000 (Blue Suede said not to do it but I did it and found it to be one of those lectures you'd sleep through but depending on your tutor the unit itself is realllllyyyy interesting because everyone has their own 'interesting' opinions), SCLG1001, SCLG1002 etc etc.

cookiez69

What a stupid name, Nat.
HSC
ATHK1001 and WRIT1001 was a breeze. ATHK1001 had content on simple statistics and logical fallacies etc. WRIT1001 required you to come up with an ideal topic or interest/question in which you will write up at the end of semester - during the semester there a simple writing tasks and group work. :p

Some elective choices: SLSS1001, SLSS1003, HPSC1000 (Blue Suede said not to do it but I did it and found it to be one of those lectures you'd sleep through but depending on your tutor the unit itself is realllllyyyy interesting because everyone has their own 'interesting' opinions), SCLG1001, SCLG1002 etc etc.
I wish there were more courses like ATHK1001. Thanks for the recommendations - HPSC1000 LOOKS AMAZING!

madharris

HSC
N/A
Got a viva tomorrow!
Don't know how to do half the skills that I can be tested on :)

Hoping for assisted standing step transfer, wheelchair skills or electric hoist transfer :D

Completely screwed if they ask for task specific upper limb exercises

Should scrape a pass with everything else.... hopefully :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
MBLG1901,
Why doth you want so much in thee prac book?
Skills test enough without having to excel look
Extra questions too
Calcs all too new
And there's a report and assignment Qs too, what a hook!

enoilgam

HSC
Next week is last week of radio for the year and we're going to try and get 15-20 people into the studio to make it a PARTAAAYYYYY

so if you're free 1-3 on Monday or even for only half an hour of that or something, you should come on down. There will be singing and dancing and instagram and great tunes
If my lecture finishes early, I will totally be there.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Sitting in a room waiting for my thesis examiners to arrive.

Scary.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC

Thanks.
WRIT is the easiest thing I've ever done. Lectures aren't relevant to the assessments and in the tutes you basically just work on your assessments. So easy.

Got to do a 10 minute presentation for TSP tomorrow in front of a bunch of important people and I'm absolutely terrified.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
WRIT is the easiest thing I've ever done. Lectures aren't relevant to the assessments and in the tutes you basically just work on your assessments. So easy.

Got to do a 10 minute presentation for TSP tomorrow in front of a bunch of important people and I'm absolutely terrified.
The TSP presentation is really chilled out and they ask you pretty simple questions.

enoilgam

HSC
I spoke to the person who was really aggressive and anti people at the start of sem and became friends with her and she was still hanging out with us 5 hours later and we''re doing lunch next week.
Is this the person you were telling us about who so disliked groupwork?

enoilgam

HSC
YES!!!! !! ! !

Yes she just kinda hated people but I broke through that and now she's making friends and said she recognised her attitude was terrible in the first few weeks but then she hated people less but was shy and by that time no-one bothered trying to talk to her I BRIDGED THE GAP. And now she's friends with us yay
Got to love cracking through people's barriers.

That will be me tomorrow.

It's gone way faster than I expected.
Mine was on Monday (hopefully it's my last) - it was disappointing.

cookiez69

What a stupid name, Nat.
HSC
It's kinda sad all the eastern ave trees are gone :'(
So I'm not the only one who felt sad about the eastern ave trees that got cut down :D

yay!

I especially miss the tree next to the bubbler in front of the chemistry building labs.

eh, they'll be back.......when i've moved on from uni lyf... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)