Semester I exam chatter (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
for all those Arts kids who did HSTY1045....ug what a bitch of an exam! actually it probably would have been a good exam if I had a chance to study.

But seriously, 3 essays in 2 hours. Reminds me of HSC.
pfft we had to do 3 essays in 1 hour for ARIN 1000 final exam :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
pfft we had to do 5 essays in 90 minutes for ecop
and will have to do 6 in 2 hours for work1001

stazi

Nightman
HSC
llamalope said:
ok then... I'm so not doing ecop anymore!..... back to the drawing board.

only 2 exams to go... I finish at 10:30 on friday morning, and then I'm going to party like it's 1999!
ecop1001 is amazing. do it :) plust 4 of the essays are 1 page long only.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LOLZ nxt to where i had my math 2961 exam math 1001 pplz r hafin their exam... i was like o_O, tha'ts quite ironic...

far... most definitely fucked this one... :'(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
llamalope said:
1 page????? that's not an essay!
well its 12.5 minutes. its meant to be in essay form. but its not really essay length

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
xiao1985 said:
LOLZ nxt to where i had my math 2961 exam math 1001 pplz r hafin their exam... i was like o_O, tha'ts quite ironic...

far... most definitely fucked this one... :'(
You said that for 1905 and got >90, so shush.

jellybeenz

HSC
llamalope said:
note to all. If you sit in MacLaurin Hall for your exams, and you are in seat 114... wear really thick long socks. There was the worst draught today and my feet were going to fall off they were so cold....

but at least math1001 is over.....
did you post that same message on the Psych Web CT forum? I swear I just read the exact same warning... lol

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
pfft we had to do 5 essays in 90 minutes for ecop
and will have to do 6 in 2 hours for work1001
PFFFFFFT stas, you're soo exaggerating! even frank said that a few concise lines are adequate. The point is not to spew everything u know about the topic but to answer the question.

@everyone who want to do ecop: its 4 s/answers and one essay

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Sarah168 said:
PFFFFFFT stas, you're soo exaggerating! even frank said that a few concise lines are adequate. The point is not to spew everything u know about the topic but to answer the question.

@everyone who want to do ecop: its 4 s/answers and one essay
ummm..... i think u misinterpreted him He said for the long essay spend 45 minutes. for the short answer spend 45 minutes. That amounts to 11.25 minutes for each 'short answer' question. That's too much time for a few lines. There needs to still be an argument in each of the answers.
e.g. Division of labour question.
1) Answer question.
2) Classical ecop: smith definition. Link to Fordism
3) Problems: Smith's, Marx's
4) Brief one line conclusion

J

jhakka

grk_styl said:
for all those Arts kids who did HSTY1045....ug what a bitch of an exam! actually it probably would have been a good exam if I had a chance to study.

But seriously, 3 essays in 2 hours. Reminds me of HSC.
If it makes you feel any better, I'll have to do four in two hours for Philosophy.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
ummm..... i think u misinterpreted him He said for the long essay spend 45 minutes. for the short answer spend 45 minutes. That amounts to 11.25 minutes for each 'short answer' question. That's too much time for a few lines. There needs to still be an argument in each of the answers.
e.g. Division of labour question.
1) Answer question.
2) Classical ecop: smith definition. Link to Fordism
3) Problems: Smith's, Marx's
4) Brief one line conclusion
frank didnt mention time at all. when a student asked clearly about the expectations of exam answer lengths, he clearly stated that "a few lines is sufficient". of course, it doesnt mean that ever answer that writes 4-5 lines will get full mks but roughly, i think thats a good guide. I dont think u need to be excessively verbose. i dont think u should be giving everyone the impression that we have 5 essays in 90 mins :rolleyes:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Sarah168 said:
frank didnt mention time at all. when a student asked clearly about the expectations of exam answer lengths, he clearly stated that "a few lines is sufficient". of course, it doesnt mean that ever answer that writes 4-5 lines will get full mks but roughly, i think thats a good guide. I dont think u need to be excessively verbose. i dont think u should be giving everyone the impression that we have 5 essays in 90 mins :rolleyes:
In the lecture the week before someone asked a similar question. Frank said they're worth equal marks and thus you should spend an equal amount of time on each.
Don't forget that frank is old and his answer about 'a few lines' was a guesstimate without thinking. My friend, who like me attended alternate 12pm/3pm lectures on tue/wed also said 'what? how can we only write a few lines in 12 minutes?' most people i spoke to wrote 1.5-2 pages on each of the section A questions. There is actually a fair amount for each. Like the marxism question as well. It required a poopload for the short time!
Circuit of capital > So where does profit come from? > Exploitation > 5 principles of capital accumulation and where in each exploitation occurs
Something like "Capitalists need to generate profit. It is a requirement that the economy keeps growing, as well as firms/enterprises. In order to obtain the highest amount of profit, the only real way is through exploitation of workers, which is possible because of the capitalist's control over the working class"
Something like that simply isn't sufficient.

I also wonder if you can use laptops for exams. I write slow :(

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
look. i see the logic. i realise that we dont all sit about twiddling our thumbs after we reach a 3line benchmark. im annoyed that u said we had 5 "essays" in the time limit.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Sarah168 said:
look. i see the logic. i realise that we dont all sit about twiddling our thumbs after we reach a 3line benchmark. im annoyed that u said we had 5 "essays" in the time limit.
so the person doing ARIN1001, didnt really have 3 essays in 1 hour either. An essay is a piece of work with an introduction, body and conclusion written in a specific style. These were mini-essays.
Sure, they weren't as long, but I was simply replying to the thread based on what everyone else was talking about.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
so the person doing ARIN1001, didnt really have 3 essays in 1 hour either. An essay is a piece of work with an introduction, body and conclusion written in a specific style. These were mini-essays.
Sure, they weren't as long, but I was simply replying to the thread based on what everyone else was talking about.
They actually were essays, had an intro, body and conclusion. Except we were given the questions before hand, so I only had to regurgitate the 10 or so pages that I had memorised.

jellybeenz

HSC
llamalope said:
ahhhh caught me out!

I just couldn't believe how cold me legs were and i want to save any future generations of exam goers from the pain I experienced today
I was freezing today in psych and i wasnt even anywhere near the door...

edited to add... i also wore long thick socks because of your warning lol and im thankful for that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)