• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Semi-Formal (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
phosphorescent said:
Haha, who told you that :lol:

It was pretty good, better than I expected.
Bummer it was in our school hall D:
Oh, really? I swear Bobby didn't mention that. :p

phosphorescent said:
I heard SBHS wasn't bad either :)
Haha - who told you? Vanessa or someone?

Our semi this year is at the QVB Tea Room. It's a joint SBHS/SGHS venture.

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
Our formal this yr is at L'Aqau Restaurant on Cockle Bay Wharf Darling Harbour, (btw, no parents). I think its $85 or $90. Grad is at skool as usual. Got my formal suit!

Anyone know any good hire car company's (not limo's)...ta

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Aerath said:
Hmmm, you're actually allowed to drink at the Yr 12 formal. Doubt you could do that with parents there.
why wouldnt you? you would be on the same legal scale as your parents (if you had turned 18), i know mine wouldnt have a problem with it

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
-may-cat- said:
why wouldnt you? you would be on the same legal scale as your parents (if you had turned 18), i know mine wouldnt have a problem with it
Fair enough. I know my parents would. ;)

selablad

HSC
We had ours last year. It was pretty much just like a normal school disco, except in nicer clothes. Actually speaking of clothes, so many people ended up wearing the same dress as another. It was funny watching all the girls ignoring each other because of it :D

prichardson

Kim Jong-Il
HSC
Buttigieg said:
Our formal this yr is at L'Aqau Restaurant on Cockle Bay Wharf Darling Harbour, (btw, no parents). I think its $85 or $90. Grad is at skool as usual. Got my formal suit!

Anyone know any good hire car company's (not limo's)...ta
We go there too.:p \

Come on some 50's scooter, couldn't get more classic (until many people take this advice... )

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
-may-cat- said:

My parents would go crazy if they saw me either drinking, smoking or other related activities.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
We're having our formal somewhere around Parramatta (lol, I've got no clue) and it costs like $90.

I reckon I'd get a swift smack across the head if my parents caught me drinking or smoking, even after I turn 18. Stupid Wogs!

Also, I'd probably die if I had to bring my parents to my formal, I'll most probably end up not going. Are any of you guys planning an afterparty?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Wassup? said:
We're having our formal somewhere around Parramatta (lol, I've got no clue) and it costs like $90.

I reckon I'd get a swift smack across the head if my parents caught me drinking or smoking, even after I turn 18. Stupid Wogs!

Also, I'd probably die if I had to bring my parents to my formal, I'll most probably end up not going. Are any of you guys planning an afterparty?
My friend tried to take me to an after-party but the thing is, my parents wouldn't allow me to do so. They have a poor understanding of Australian culture sometimes. They relate the after-party with alcohol, drugs, cigarettes and everything and probably sex.

On top of that, they don't think it is a good idea to stay at someone's house till 6am that you cannot even get prepared for school the next day.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
My friend tried to take me to an after-party but the thing is, my parents wouldn't allow me to do so. They have a poor understanding of Australian culture sometimes. They relate the after-party with alcohol, drugs, cigarettes and everything and probably sex.

On top of that, they don't think it is a good idea to stay at someone's house till 6am that you cannot even get prepared for school the next day.
Sounds about right! :D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
They relate the after-party with alcohol, drugs, cigarettes and everything and probably sex.
Minus the drugs and cigarettes, that's probably about right.

As for me going to afters - I really don't think so.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Parents wouldn't/won't let me go. Well, they didn't let me go last year.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
theshortykatt said:
dude, what?
a semi formal for yr 11s?
does this mean you get two, one in yr 11 and one in yr 12?
We had formals in year 10,11, and 12. :)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
I really only have formals in Year 12 and that's $60. We use to have ones for Year 10s but because only 1 or 2 people were leaving, they cancelled it. And a few of my friends last year tried to organise one and they were warned by teachers that they'd be suspended if they did carry out with their plans ...

But as for me, I plan not to go to any formals whatsoever :)

eliseliselise

HSC
aahh my heart is yearnin'! my educational institution is still quite attached to outdated traditions: aka DEBUTANTE BALLS. my attendance to this renowned occasion was in question until i was invited to be presented to society by a homosapian with an XY chromosome pair, a specimen of which would look aesthetically pleasing in the photographs, that are sure to adorn my granny's nursing home walls for the few remaining months of her life.

yeah.. i have to wear a floor length white dress, with straps, white shoes & dance to sappy tunes [with parents watching.. but thankfully my parents disagree with intruding on such gatherings and will let photographs illustrate such a horriffic occasion]!! its just so... oldfashioned, convervative and conformist... everyone looks the same!! aah!! but i got a cheapass dress made by some hippi in her garage, whereas last year there were rumours that kids spent circa 3k on a "gown". :S :S!! private school!! $$$! speaking of cost... i think its gonna cost about $60 & is at some leagues club??!!

ohhh but there is an awesome after party being planned!! & that will be a hoot!!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
theshortykatt said:
dude, what?
a semi formal for yr 11s?
does this mean you get two, one in yr 11 and one in yr 12?
Yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)