Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
P.S. the clock is doing some weird ass shit for some peoples posts

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
My timestamps were all stuffed up before but seems to be all working now.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
There appears to be a problem with the internal links the forum is generating which is preventing navigation of the forum. Whenever i try to look at a subforum or thread i get a 404 error.

Problem seems to be in whatever mod/script changes the links from
this format: community.boredofstudies.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3
to this: community.boredofstudies.org/3/non-school/

I notice that many other people are like me stuck on the main page, however it also seems to be working fine for many?

(Haven't worked out what the link to post a new thread is, so i'll put this here)

EDIT: All working now, cheers. Any chance of getting it back eventually? It's useful to have the links as words and not meaningless numbers.

Last edited:

Member232135

HSC
N/A
alot of the forums are reading not found for me still. Any idea when this should be finished?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I got hte 404 error when opening threads/subforums but the index was fine, all at home, i tried clearing cache and all that jazz. Works fine from UTS.

amber44

HSC
Still no go accessing the Sydney Uni sub forum.

EDIT: Working now!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Sidicious-Reign said:
alot of the forums are reading not found for me still. Any idea when this should be finished?
It's because of a revert back to number-based indexing rather than word-based indexing. Perhaps word-based indexing was cauing slow-down due to non-constant time of retrieval of a page?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Anyone else click 'last post' on some threads and instead get some post nowhere near the end of the thread?

Threads in NS include the 300k/cake thread and 'What pisses you off hte most'. Clicking go to last post just sends me to the end of the first page etc, been like that since I logged in last night. Tried clearing cache/logging out then in to no avail.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Rafy said:
Problem seems to be in whatever mod/script changes the links from
this format: community.boredofstudies.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3
to this: community.boredofstudies.org/3/non-school/
hmm this is a problem, currently this system is used http://community.boredofstudies.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51, but some internal links in users posts use the community.boredofstudies.org/3/non-school/ system. Can it be made that both work? also i think that the word based one is better.

T

tactic

FYI. we will be reverting back to the test based URLs soon.. the speed increase is because it is on a new server.. so it should be just as fast when we change the URLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)