Share your 2009 ATAR here (1 Viewer)

boganxcore

HSC
yea but u gotta remember this yr was also largest cohort as well

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
im no expert on how atar is calculated year to year, but wudnt the figures remain roughly the same???
and anyway if the percentages of >90 increased, wudnt the university cut offs also increase too?? =S

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
im no expert on how atar is calculated year to year, but wudnt the figures remain roughly the same???
and anyway if the percentages of >90 increased, wudnt the university cut offs also increase too?? =S
I think they changed the cohort we were measured against when they changed the UAI to the ATAR (we were ranked against our year 7 cohort, rather than our year 10 cohort like previous years). Something like that could have influenced the number of people obtaining ATARs over 90.

And yes, that does mean that university cut-offs would generally increase. Though, it depends on how much supply and demand has fluctuated since 2009.

diametric

HSC
2009 NSW ATAR: 98.05

HSC:

2008:
English Advanced: 94
Biology: 93

2009:
Business Studies: 95
Chemistry: 92
English Extension 1: 43
English Extension 2: 37

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i think they changed the cohort we were measured against when they changed the uai to the atar (we were ranked against our year 7 cohort, rather than our year 10 cohort like previous years). Something like that could have influenced the number of people obtaining atars over 90.

And yes, that does mean that university cut-offs would generally increase. Though, it depends on how much supply and demand has fluctuated since 2009.
+1

Geoffo11

HSC
Congratulations to everyone, especially those who achieved such phenomenal results. !!

I'm going to be doing my HSC next year and was wandering, those who got 90+ in their ATAR, did you begin studying excessively in the December/January holidays? and how much per day?

I'm developing a little studying/BoW regime and I'd like to know your own optimal pace and why it suited you. (of course mine will be different I'd just like some insight)

Congratulations again!

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Congratulations to everyone, especially those who achieved such phenomenal results. !!

I'm going to be doing my HSC next year and was wandering, those who got 90+ in their ATAR, did you begin studying excessively in the December/January holidays? and how much per day?

I'm developing a little studying/BoW regime and I'd like to know your own optimal pace and why it suited you. (of course mine will be different I'd just like some insight)

Congratulations again!

It's this year. Sorry to kill that buzz.

fayeee

HSC
HSC ATAR: 94.75

foodtech: 92
pdhpe: 92
english: 88
2U maths: 89
ext maths: 43
biology: 86

yayuh!

diametric

HSC
I think they changed the cohort we were measured against when they changed the UAI to the ATAR (we were ranked against our year 7 cohort, rather than our year 10 cohort like previous years). Something like that could have influenced the number of people obtaining ATARs over 90.

To see the ATAR cut off, just check the UAI to ATAR conversion table. My ATAR was 98.05, according to the table, my UAI would of been 97.9. Use that number when looking at cut offs. Though, of course, cut-offs do fluctuate from yr to yr based on demand. This is just more accurate than using your ATAR when looking at cut offs.

s0phhhhx

HSC
Wow, congratulations to Class of '09!
Hopefully I can achieve 90+ atar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)