Share your 2010 ATAR here (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
no, get this into your head you fuckstick

if you got lower than 30 in your atar you didn't care two shits about your education. Why the fk did you waste time doing a meaningless set of exams in the first place?

if you had any ounce of common sense you would've dropped out earlier

and no. i failed the selective test

also lol @ this bit
atar is a rank. so even if all the people who didnt give two shits about their education dropped out in year 10, someone's gotta get 30 or less

boris

Banned
HSC
if only the top 100 smartest kids in the state stayed to the end of the HSC

one of them would get 30 for their ATAR

even if they get 90+ in every subject but were still the lowest out of those 100

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
@boris wrong i believe like i said b4 i am sure they compare it with those thaat dropped out in earlier years too. so no none of them would get less thatn 30 but i get ur point that ATAR is a rank

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I just don't get why you would actually do the HSC if you weren't interested in further study (assuming that people who put in such a weak effort aren't interested in further study). That's 2 years of your life you could have spent earning money, why would you bother with the HSC, it would just be wasted time??

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
My ATAR is.... 30.00 OR LESS. And my lowest mark was 60 for a subject (but highest was 67). And for me... I am SOOOO HAPPY to actually PASS it! :D

Do I care about the marks/atar? Nope. Did I study all year? No. Did I study last minute? Yes, but it was very inconsistent. I got the mark I deserved.

IMO, It's an ACHIEVEMENT to actually do and complete the HSC. People give up and drop out and don't even do the HSC. So EVERYONE should be proud they have completed the HSC and passed it. And remember, there is like, for example tafe is a ticket into Uni. I found out I got into Tafe yesterday. :)

I applaud everyone here with atars whether if their 90... 70... 60 or even 30 or less. It's not the end of the world, so well done everyone!!
The only time an ATAR < 30 is a worthy acclompishment is if you draw a penis on your english paper and you do decent in all your other subjects.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I was actually quite shocked about that. I actually wrote in my EX2 story, "Asterisk for an ATAR". So... I probably was docked a mark or two for that research failure =(

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Why did u lock my * or 30 or less thread it made me cry
Because it was a waste.

I was actually quite shocked about that. I actually wrote in my EX2 story, "Asterisk for an ATAR". So... I probably was docked a mark or two for that research failure =(
Best not to actually write about the HSC in your HSC major work.

HSC
Uni Grad
why did you write about the HSC in your major work? lollll

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Aquawhite, I was using it to show the range of people my main character could've attracted!

I believe the sentence in which I reference it goes something like: "She had many facets of society to pick from... Mr. 100 UAI to Mr. 'Asterisk for an ATAR' (I know they didn't have it then, but it flows better than Mr. 'Sub 30 UAI' or 'Free drink claimers' – as the urban legend goes)"

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Don't worry, with the amount that an average teacher knows about how the universities admissions system works, I doubt they'd have noticed. :p

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
doesnt 30% of the state get 30 or less?
actually to attain an atar of 30, you would've fallen in the bottom 10%~

that's because an atar of 90 isn't actually top 10% and is actually around 15

an atar of 80 wouldn't be top 20% but top 30% etc etc steadily increasing as the atar decreases

70-75% is the average

and so ye, an atar of 30 is bottom 10% i think.. there's a table i saw somewhere

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
actually to attain an atar of 30, you would've fallen in the bottom 10%~

that's because an atar of 90 isn't actually top 10% and is actually around 15

an atar of 80 wouldn't be top 20% but top 30% etc etc steadily increasing as the atar decreases

70-75% is the average

and so ye, an atar of 30 is bottom 10% i think.. there's a table i saw somewhere
OHHH... but are you sure? I read in the UAC brochure something along the lines of: "The ATAR is a rank, not a mark. So if you achieve an ATAR of 80, you've done well in enough to rank in the top 20% of the state" ???

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
OHHH... but are you sure? I read in the UAC brochure something along the lines of: "The ATAR is a rank, not a mark. So if you achieve an ATAR of 80, you've done well in enough to rank in the top 20% of the state" ???
ye what i said still means atar is a rank.. and it is

its not exact though, that's all

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
It's the top 20% of the state OF YOUR YEAR 7 COHORT. That messes things up a bit =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)