Share your 2012 ATAR here (1 Viewer)

abcdefghij123

HSC
Really??? Can you tell me about how you screwed up a couple of exams? I've been doing well so far but I think I may have screwed up a Term 1 exam but I think I can make up for it. It would be interesting to know how you made a comeback!
I'm not too sure I have screwed up in the same way that you have.

I go to a small school, with little competition in the way of students who would improve my internal marks if I had a bad day in the HSC (although we did have a 99.90 kid and about another half dozen in the 99s). I did well internally throughout the year and ranked first in all my subjects (except extension 2 English), without screwing up a single exam/assessment virtually. But due to the nature of my school, this didn't matter - everything came down to how I performed in the HSC external exam because my internal marks would simply mirror my external marks (due to coming first internally and externally).

In the physics HSC, I accidentally skipped a 6 marker and only realised with a couple of minutes to go, costing me a good few marks. I also accidentally changed 3C to 3B rather than 4C to 4B in the multiple choice, costing me another 2 marks. I had the worst exam of my highschool career in 4U maths. I'd only dropped 1 mark in 4U all year (a stupid error on Q11 in the Catholic Trial), had scored 116+ on all HSC 4U exams back to 1995 and had beaten or tied with the top mark in the state from 1995-2000 (back then they used to publish top mark) as well as 2011 (found out top mark from a friend at another school who has a senior marker teacher). I'd also come 3rd in the state in 2U maths and 1st in 3U maths as an accelerant last year. But, as I said above, none of this mattered. Everything came down to my performance on the day. Unfortunately, the unfamiliar exam format, my knowledge of the gravity of the situation as well as some cruel twist of fate meant that I had a shocker when it actually counted, failing to state-rank altogether. I have since realised that talent and practice can only minimise your chance of misfortune, but never eliminate it. Funnily enough I state-ranked in English Advanced, and it was probably my worst subject. Sometimes that's just how stuff goes. I'm not sure about the nature of your screw up, what your internal competition is like or what number you hope to see on the UAC-issued piece of paper you receive in a year's time, but I can tell you now that very few people will go through the internal set of exams without having a few slips - we're all human. I will be very surprised if you don't make up for it internally. And ultimately, if your internal competition is that good that they manage to hold you off after only a single slip up, then I wouldn't worry about them inhibiting your internal mark after their external performance.

Good luck :)

cc9365

HSC
Uni Grad
Congrats everybody on your exceptional results!
I got 96.25 and I'm over the moon! Far more than I ever expected :)

eileend

HSC
estimate from matrix was 85.95
atar: 85~

YA BABY. UNI HERE I COME... with the addition 5 bonus points.

habitres

HSC
Highest atar mark or relative that our school has ever gotten.
With the 5 bonus points I'm pretty sure I'll get into my degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)