Share your ATAR here (1 Viewer)

someslovak

HSC
Uni Grad
98.95 (atar aim: 99) ahh. I got confirmation for Co-op actuary at UNSW today though! Anyone else here doing it?

Smooth Operator

HSC
I always believed it was usyd because of the ranking. Is unsw better now because of its employment rate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'd assume they're pretty similar. Historically I'm pretty sure USYD has been better for Law?

Just many UNSW fanboys on this forum haha, which is fair I guess, from all reports it's a great University!

kirstann

HSC
I'd assume they're pretty similar. Historically I'm pretty sure USYD has been better for Law?

Just many UNSW fanboys on this forum haha, which is fair I guess, from all reports it's a great University!
Thank u smooth operator. I guess it doesn't matter which uni we go as long as we try our best

Smooth Operator

HSC
Thank u smooth operator. I guess it doesn't matter which uni we go as long as we try our best

It does, but it doesn't at the same time, it really depends what profession you're looking to go in to. Both USYD and UNSW are considered some of the top Australian Universities, so one of the only differences would be how the course is run I guess? I can't really say I've looked in to it though.

enoilgam

HSC
To all the kids reading this thread, especially 2015ers, 90 + isn't as easy as it seems. The majority of bos members are high achievers and this is why the thread mainly consists of 90 +. The median atar this yr was approx 69, something you wouldn't believe by reading bos.
Couldnt agree more with this post. I always view achievement as a product of the individual. If a person puts in their best and gets 70, then I would respect that achievement far more than someone who didnt really try and got 90. I know this sounds like a cop-out, but achievements should be evaluated on your own terms.

enoilgam

HSC
I always believed it was usyd because of the ranking. Is unsw better now because of its employment rate?
Prestige counts for even less in this market (except for maybe Law and even then, it wont make a big difference).

Also mreditor, what course do you plan on doing?

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Couldnt agree more with this post. I always view achievement as a product of the individual. If a person puts in their best and gets 70, then I would respect that achievement far more than someone who didnt really try and got 90. I know this sounds like a cop-out, but achievements should be evaluated on your own terms.
A girl in my class got 75 and got into her first preference. I got 96.55 and didn't. The only purpose your ATAR serves is getting you into the course you want to study at university, so in my opinion she was more successful than me. If your ATAR gets you to where you want to be you've succeeded regardless of what number you got.

mreditor16

HSC
Prestige counts for even less in this market (except for maybe Law and even then, it wont make a big difference).

Also mreditor, what course do you plan on doing?
I assume you mean in reference to uni. I am planning on doing the double degree B Actuarial Studies with B Commerce at UNSW. :) Why do you ask?

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Do you really need a lot of hard work? People tell me 90-95 is easy, 95+ is where it takes work
I totally burnt out in June and never managed to motivate myself to start working again. I got a 96.55 with no study beyond completing assessments and reviewing for a few hours before the HSC exams (notable exception is chemistry, I spent a fair amount of time on the marathon thread for that) between June and October. However I worked really, really hard before that so I wouldn't take that as confirmation that you can get a 95+ with very little effort. I guess if you averaged out my study over a year I probably did one to one and a half hours a night? So you do need to work (unless you're smarter than me haha)

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
A girl in my class got 75 and got into her first preference. I got 96.55 and didn't. The only purpose your ATAR serves is getting you into the course you want to study at university, so in my opinion she was more successful than me. If your ATAR gets you to where you want to be you've succeeded regardless of what number you got.
Thanks for motivating me. This is a great example!

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you really need a lot of hard work? People tell me 90-95 is easy, 95+ is where it takes work
It's different from one person to another .

Some people find it easy to get that 90 atar , some people say it's hard.

Ultimately it is down to hard work in order to achieve higher ATARS but even getting 90 is no easy task.

enoilgam

HSC
I assume you mean in reference to uni. I am planning on doing the double degree B Actuarial Studies with B Commerce at UNSW. :) Why do you ask?
You mentioned something about uni and law before, I just wanted to see what you were thinking.

waterlml

HSC
these days everyone just wants to get into usyd and unsw :(

vladn

HSC
I know guys at Ruse who got ATARs in the 97s and even 98s without significant effort today. A couple of these guys are in the 98s and they were playing Hearthstone and LoL right before trials and the HSC exams. Obviously "easy" to these guys means something drastically different to the "easy" of some random plucked from Liverpool. With respect to the whole state, there's no way 90+ is easy. It's not like everyone who gets 30-90 ATAR just chooses to not try.

Last edited:

sheldogge

HSC
93.95, way better than I predicted and even better cosndiering I did General Maths and Studies of Religion 11 lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)