Shipwrecks (1 Viewer)

sam5

HSC
did we need equations for the electroplate question?

What do u think i will get out of 3 (i got the electrolyte correct, had no equations, had the right electrodes but had positive and negative terminals connected wrong way round). ?

harry4

HSC
would it be allright to use copper as the anode as the water would oxidise preferentially and the silver reduce preferentially?

also, did anyone find the questions a bit repetitive, ie aluminium as a passivating metal in the first part and in the guttering part

Freeba

HSC
WOOOO! the silver plating thing came to me in the last 10 mins!! YUS! omg is silver plating even in the syllabus tho??? seemed very very foreign!

and can anybody please explain to me what a)ii was trying to say?? that was one screwed up question.

bayan92

HSC
haha. platinum costs over 100 times silver per gram. what type of school do you go to? i put graphite rod.
Lolz I had no idea! :rofl:

I thought silver is more expensive and platinum is relatively expensive but not 100 more!

Should have put graphite or stainless steel!

mitchwong650

HSC
Lolz I had no idea! :rofl:

I thought silver is more expensive and platinum is relatively expensive but not 100 more!

Should have put graphite or stainless steel!
lol, got that right,

but seriously, platinum cheaper than silver?

platinum is around 350 dollars more expensive than even gold per ounce...

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Reduction occurs at cathode, so shouldnt u make the spoon cathode so Ag ions get reduced there to form ag solid. but this paper was fucking hard i had no idea
lolol kwokie you came outta the exam HECTIC CONFIDENT!!!!!! straight over to my table "hey wilko i gunned it, hbu???" =P wat happened to that attitude? xD

no need to include equations for that question
lolol i always include them,,,just the way ive always done it lol, guess that's why i struggled to include them lol

kwokie

HSC
lolol kwokie you came outta the exam HECTIC CONFIDENT!!!!!! straight over to my table "hey wilko i gunned it, hbu???" =P wat happened to that attitude? xD

lolol i always include them,,,just the way ive always done it lol, guess that's why i struggled to include them lol
LOL, do you hav eto fucking do that everytime? u must be drunk or something since uve already finsiehd exam. Your dads not gonna be happy since u would have stole all his beer... ONE TO go for me, then we have to organise ping pong with shunning and maybe someone else so we have 4 players. So we can show u how asians pwn white ppl in ping pong..

kwokie

HSC
haha. platinum costs over 100 times silver per gram. what type of school do you go to? i put graphite rod.
He prob goes to some rich arse private school which has like platinum electrodes and stuff. Still he didnt have to rub in the fact that his school can afford platinum and my school cant...

HSC
Copper or Aluminum guttering? And why?
Aliminum coz its passivating and has a higher oxn potential that iron , steel as in the question so it will prefertially corrode becoming anode,whilst iron steel wteva u wanna call it is reduced since corrosion is a oxn reduction reactionn

I loved this section !!!!!!!!!

ixswans

HSC
I finished the first page on Industrial Chemistry before I realised it was industrial chemistry. Realised something was wrong when they asked to describe how sulfuric acid was transported, naming safety measures xD

I had enough time to finish everything though, so its okay :)

megan09

HSC
i just realized that i forgot to draw a diagram in the electroplating question! but other than that i liked the option section...it was easier than expected for me (considering i only started studying for the option a couple of days ago)

sharp_pencil

HSC
U can have a silver Anode which oxidizes and enters the solution so i hope i'll get away with it instead of using an intert anode :D

sharp_pencil

HSC
Aliminum coz its passivating and has a higher oxn potential that iron , steel as in the question so it will prefertially corrode becoming anode,whilst iron steel wteva u wanna call it is reduced since corrosion is a oxn reduction reactionn

I loved this section !!!!!!!!!
Uhh dude..

Then the aluminium around the iron nail corrodes and the nail falls of neway ROFL

u had to say that they should use other means of attaching the guttering like plastic shit, glue, intert crap i dunno i wrote stuff tho. (read this in CSSA paper answer or NEAP asnswer can't remember)

i did say aluminum is better tho.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
uhh dude..

Then the aluminium around the iron nail corrodes and the nail falls of neway rofl

u had to say that they should use other means of attaching the guttering like plastic shit, glue, intert crap i dunno i wrote stuff tho. (read this in cssa paper answer or neap asnswer can't remember)

i did say aluminum is better tho.
cssa =/= hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)