HSC
N/A
MON 07 FEB @ 7:15PM
ALL AGES $56.10 / DIGITAL ALBUM + TICKET $67.45

Tempting.

umz93

HSC
+1 LP have moved on so much.
I used to be the biggest Hybrid Theory fan but now I am in love with their new style of music. It's always good to see artists try and change their style of music whether they are successful or not. On a side note it is funny how many people say the Linkin Park have 'sold out' because of their new music, its quite the contrary as they are now playing music they want to play. :)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Don't you see that we're becoming just like our parents? There are obviously exceptions, but I'm sure most of our parents think that the music we listen to that came out in recent decades (90s/00s) is "completely rubbish and unoriginal" and that their 'older' music (60s/70s/80s) is so much better than everything we listen to. This is no different, except in just the relative timing of decades. Once you start having kids who only like music captured within the decade that they grew up, it just becomes a cycle. :p

For example, R&B/Hip-Hop really gained momentum in popular/mainstream in the 00s and now in this decade the mainstream audience has gotten sick of R&B/Hip-Hop and it is Electronic/Dance music that is now phasing its way in. Those who like/grew up with R&B are probably going to loathe this decade while those who like Electronic/Dance will probably love it (if you are the type who only prefers a specific musical style).

I expect that the majority of children growing up in this decade will end up loving the Electronic/Dance music of this decade and dislike whatever genre becomes popular in the next decade (once they've all grown up) in the same way that it is being expressed here.

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Bunch of grumpy adolescents whingeing about modern music not being as good as some "glory day" five years ago or something.We know who are the future mad old men sitting at the bowls club complaining about the state of modern Sydney are going to be.
Lentern, has anyone ever told you that you're pretty cool?

lolI'mdifferentbecauseIlistentothesamegenericsoundofonetimeperiodcomparedtoadifferentgenericsoundofatimelessthanadecadeafterwardsandthenwonderwhymygenericsoundisn'tpopularanymore

Ooooooooooopeth

If you aren't listening to them, you don't understand awesome.

HSC
Uni Grad
Lentern, has anyone ever told you that you're pretty cool?

lolI'mdifferentbecauseIlistentothesamegenericsoundofonetimeperiodcomparedtoadifferentgenericsoundofatimelessthanadecadeafterwardsandthenwonderwhymygenericsoundisn'tpopularanymore

Ooooooooooopeth

If you aren't listening to them, you don't understand awesome.
ahaha m8 opeth are shit.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
haha I was waiting to see if someone would post this xD
I'm pretty hooked on it. There's something amazingly catchy in all its awfulness.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Car crash theory. So bad, but you can't turn away.

It's overproduced, poorly written, has meaningless lyrics, has an unecessary rap break, and abuses autotune, among many other things.

And yet, still... can't turn away.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Iiiiiiiit's friday friday friday friday friday friday friday friday friday friday friday friday friday friday friday friday.
We we we so excited.
Friiiiiday friday friday.

EDIT: after seeing and hearing the word "friday" so many times it actually looks like a really strange word.

HSC
Uni Grad
i know we're only into the 2nd year of this decade, but seriously the music is SO bad and i don't understand why. the people i used to rely on to tell me good songs to download are either out of my life or have converted to that electronic lady gaga shit currently on the radio, where every song is a ripoff of a very old song, with a generic shit dance beat added. pretty sure the devil possessed the radio at the beginning of 2010, using kesha as his gateway. its so sad to hear all this foul cacophony polluting our precious airwaves. i find myself listening to stuff mostly from 2000-2009, and only downloaded about 20 songs in 2010. please tell me im not the only one who feels this way.
lol don't you listen to usher and black eyed peas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)