Short-Listed for Encore 2006 (1 Viewer)

NobodyKnows

HSC
This is a thread for all those short-listed to post their thoughts, worries, queries, etc.... really I'm just nosey and wanna know who gets in. ;)

Yeahey.

huh~~

HSC
N/A
I got a nomination.

All together, our school got 3, out of 10 students. Our teacher was really proud.

audra

did anyone say opera?
HSC
I got my nomination from my principal this morning! It was an already emotional day, because tonight we're graduating. I can't believe it, I'm terribly excited!

Farmerism

HSC
a girl from my music 1 class got nominated and the rest of us (9 people do music 1 and i think there are 5? who do music 2) were ecstatic! we're so proud of her

but we were also suprised cuz this was someone who never came to class... but she plays for the sydney orchestra or something aswell so i guess that overrides the truanting hehe

some music 2 people were feeling down that they didnt get in but still happy for our violinist

i'd like to know the sorts of pieces that others got nominated for. i don tknow which piece our girl got nominated for but, she played a chinese, gypsie, classical piece as well as the theme from schindler's list

they were really complicated and different from what you'd normally hear, which was also a reason why she got chosen, a part from her magnificent playing

edit: i'd also like to add that her pieces were really moving, and make you cry hehe unlike other violinist who make you cringe and cover your ears

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Ooooooh congratulations on those who got nominated!

How exciting!

Sarah06

HSC
Hi. Congratulations to everyone who got nominated! I also got nominated- the only one out of nine, which was a real surprise! I was just wondering how many people usually get nominated, (as only around 20 are accepted into the final concert)- or is there no limit on nominations?

Thanks.

joanne289

HSC
I got my nomination for encore 1 day before my birthday so it was a pretty good present! I play the piano though so i think it's going to be pretty hard to actually get in to encore.

antmcleod

HSC
Hi all, Congrats to those who got a nomination for ENCORE! I got nominated and they announced it in front of my whole year and our year 10 students at our graduation mass. I was so stoked! They also said that I am their first student EVER to get a nomination! So I'm pretty happy. I just really hope i get in the final program. But good luckto all those who are short listed. Keep up the good work!:worried:

bonnie04

HSC
oh wow! congrats all :)
it seems everyone found ou through their school. what a nice surprise! :)
did anyone find out by mail?

sailor

HSC
I was hoping to get a nomination for encore, but I guess I would have heard by now.
Do you think it's still possible to get a high mark and not get chosen?

lindo

HSC
we had two nominations out of our class of seven (music 2) - we were all sooo proud!! one's for piano and one's for flute - they're both so so talented, i'd be very surprised if the pianist doesn't get in actually... but congratulations to everyone who was nominated! that's awesome!

Last edited:

audra

did anyone say opera?
HSC
sailor said:
I was hoping to get a nomination for encore, but I guess I would have heard by now.
Do you think it's still possible to get a high mark and not get chosen?
Hi Sailor

Yes, definately you can still get very close to full marks and not get a nomination. I talk from experience based on previous years at my school, quite a few students achieve fantastic results and didnt get nominated.
I guess I was just lucky to get one. But it does really make people less or more talented, the artistic world is of a subjective nature.

All the best,

Audrey

sailor

HSC
Hi Audrey,

Thanks, I'm not as worried now!

Congrats on your nomination! Good luck with making it in !!

Sailor

joy_sze

HSC
What about compositions? Do they send out nominations?

Addictd2

HSC
aww i didnt get a nomination. oh well i didnt think i was very good anyway.

Even if you get full marks and didnt get a nomination its because there are probably lots of others who got full marks as well. and probably they are going to choose a variety of instruments and genres for the performance so you may have a common genre piece or instrument

DH1988

HSC
Quettawen said:
Congrats all! Does getting nominated necessarily mean getting full marks?
Nup. There have been people who have performed in Encore who weren't full mark scorers :) I guess it's just their style or instrument or genre of music that they were selected for.

nessyfreak

HSC
well if you are nominated you must have gotten full marks for the particular piece that is nominated. so your overall mark doesnt have to be 100 because your other pieces could be lower and nominated people dont all get 100 for the written paper! (although im sure some do...)

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'd be interested to see what the nomination to "getting into the concert" ratio is. Congrats to all so far though--getting nominated is a huge achievement!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)