should a guy be persistant about asking a girl out (1 Viewer)

Pixydust*

jam3s said:
One qestion - why do girls tend to ignor the guys after they rejects them?
umm i don't know but from my experience, i just get sort of embarassed - its awkward i suppose.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
jam3s said:
One qestion - why do girls tend to ignor the guys after they rejects them?
Because before the rejection, the girl probably didn't know that the guy had those feelings towards her. Now that they've come out, he would seem to be a different person. As a result of this, he would feel like a stranger to her.

?wha?

HSC
Once a girl says no to you the first time, don't try to push your luck, cause shes going to turn u down flat every subsequent time. It just happens that way. long story on why too

PrimeTime

HSC
Semi off-topic but .... with the vice versa situation of this (girl asking a guy but getting rejected) and speaking from experience ignoring them after doesn't work but neither is going on about your business as if nothing happened either. It kinda lead to them being persistant, although I did admire the persistance it didn't change anything.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Götterfunken said:
I’m sure there is a very fine line between being charmingly endearing, and freakishly stalkerish

Heh. Does that ever work? ;)
Sure does, move along, if she can't accept you for who you are, fuck her.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
AsyLum said:
Sure does, move along, if she can't accept you for who you are, fuck her.
I agree. If you have to ask more than once, the bitch isn't worth your time.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
whiterabbit said:
Heres the biggie: why?

Confused? Change of mind?
Or... an archaic ideal that you should never say 'yes' the first time or else you'll be perceived as 'easy'?
The archaic ideal that you should never say 'yes' the first time or else you'll be perceived as 'easy'

They want to play hard to get.

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
I'd say it's just a matter of understanding and recognizing the difference between "no (for now)" and "no (fuck no)".

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
but why.... said:
in this case i konw she didn't mean fuck no.. she could still me no for ever
Uh, saying 'no forever' does mean 'Fuck no'.

And if she says no, just get over her. So many other girls out there anyway.

Man, I should take my own advice sometimes.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i wouldnt persue it, at least not straight away. if she said no the first time, she's not likely to change her mind if you keep asking. if it were me, the more you asked me the more i would grow to dislike you. don't push it. but having said that, dont give up either, maintain your friendship with her, make sure she knows you're still interested but dont actually act on it again for a while, and i mean a long while.

HSC
N/A
but why.... said:
alright lads ladies and the strange guy in the back, thats right sicko i'm talking to you. WELLCOME i'm john doe. ok now that were all friendly like i will pose my question.

now i recently asked a girl out sadly i was regected, however she was nice about (great girl), now since this poor misfortune occured i have had a discussion with a friend who will shall call " the clown" (nice guy) now he seems to think that dispite this girls rejection i should keep at it and try and win her what do you think???

now to clarify somethings. firstly i'm not as weird as my typing suggests i am indeed fairly good friends with this girl and as fair as looks gos i'd say were on a similar level if not shes a lil bit better looking but yeah. finally i don't plan to keep 'courting' this girl dispite whatever advice i get becuase i feel i should respect her opinion.

however i still wish to see this question answered.

becuase this is such a long post ill clarify my question...

should a guy make like the movies and not accept a girls first regection and continue to try and win her (within reason... NO stalking, *stares at guy in back*) or should he accept it and move on....

ok people thats it reply

don't listen to ur friend he has no idea when she said NO im pretty sure she meant NO and if u do keep it up dude u will probably lose her friendship as well as her respect.
hight isn't a big thing wit me as long as hez taller then me.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
but why.... said:
alright lads ladies and the strange guy in the back, thats right sicko i'm talking to you. WELLCOME i'm john doe. ok now that were all friendly like i will pose my question.

now i recently asked a girl out sadly i was regected, however she was nice about (great girl), now since this poor misfortune occured i have had a discussion with a friend who will shall call " the clown" (nice guy) now he seems to think that dispite this girls rejection i should keep at it and try and win her what do you think???

now to clarify somethings. firstly i'm not as weird as my typing suggests i am indeed fairly good friends with this girl and as fair as looks gos i'd say were on a similar level if not shes a lil bit better looking but yeah. finally i don't plan to keep 'courting' this girl dispite whatever advice i get becuase i feel i should respect her opinion.

however i still wish to see this question answered.

becuase this is such a long post ill clarify my question...

should a guy make like the movies and not accept a girls first regection and continue to try and win her (within reason... NO stalking, *stares at guy in back*) or should he accept it and move on....

ok people thats it reply
No means no. Asking her again will just make you look like an idiot.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
but why.... said:
yep thats why i not gonna ask her again,,,, unless of course she makes a move. anyway the was a girl earlyer on cosmic doris, your signiture says "yay shrapnel" do you know a guy called dainel barret..
lol, no i don't think so...why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)