Should assassination be a legitimate foreign policy tool? (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I have nothing to offer to this other than mirakon being in love with the Ayatollah and Hezbollah

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A
Highly controversial question. I don't think the government should immediately call an assassination on a terrorist on the spot. Capture and trialling would be the first option if the government wishes to seek or extract more information from the person about the "underworld" or on various criminal syndicates. Last resort would be assassination.

HSC
N/A
I wonder how much money goes into capturing, putting a terrorist on trial, and imprisoning them.
I don't know, I just think terrorists are a waste of space and money. But you can't really kill them, because that makes you a hypocrite. What do?

imho, assassinating is not the solution. Capturing and then convicting them (if they're actually guilty), and then making them contribute to society seems like a more viable solution to me. Make them knit blankets for people in nursing homes or something.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Realistically, the thing with the US is that basically as a terrorist you've got two options:

- Indefinite detainment and torture; or
- Assassination

I mean if I was offered the choice of being water boarded several hundred times or just being blown up by a drone strike I'd probably go for the explosion.

HSC
N/A
Realistically, the thing with the US is that basically as a terrorist you've got two options:

- Indefinite detainment and torture; or
- Assassination

I mean if I was offered the choice of being water boarded several hundred times or just being blown up by a drone strike I'd probably go for the explosion.
I reckon terrorists get fair treatment by the US. And by fair, I mean not tortured.

boris

Banned
HSC
the french resistance in ww2 were terrorists

boris

Banned
HSC
fuck terrorist is such an awful concept

ur a terrorist i said so

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)