Should boat people be granted immigration status? (1 Viewer)

C

copkiller

Trust me I do. If someone gets caught for not paying their taxes just make them pay the money back and spend a few weekends cleaning up a park. Regarding drug offences I am absolutely against the criminalisation of use although I don't have much sympathy for traffickers of some of our more dangerous substances.
Good man.

I'd even go as far as to say most property crimes should not result in prison sentences. Its much better for everyone if they are just made to pay the money back, plus extra compensation to the victims.

Prisons should really be reserved for people that have shown themselves to be habitual, violent offenders. It really disgusts me how little some people are concerned that we throw people into these place, deprive them of all their freedoms and allow them to be beaten, raped and treated as sub human slaves by the prison guards for minor offenses.

C

copkiller

Also, back on topic:

To those who think we should lock boat people in detention centers; should we treat people who come here on airplanes and overstay their visas the same way?

Why the double standard?

HSC
N/A
Spranger and co I challenge you to go down to Villawood detention centre like I do once a week. Simply have some coffee or play chess or whatever with two or three of the refugees there and come back. If you still think they deserve to be locked in gaol quite simply you are a monster and I'd much rather put you on Christmas Island than them.
why do you go there, comrade?

Freakstyler09

HSC
Based on my current level of understanding I think no, what do you guys think?

Australia should learn the lesson from Europe, indiscriminately accepting unskilled refugees as legal immigrants will have disastrous social and economic impact, plus unwanted and annoying criticism from some overseas human rights activists. See e.g. rioting in France.

Not to mention that there're dozens of different countries above Australia geographically, why on the earth Australia is one of the few destinations? That definitely is in excess of the need of those who just want to avoid being persecuted, killed or starved

what do you guys think?

I think Asylum Seekers should be trained as skilled labourers, since it's so hard to stop them, why not make them valuable for once.This is especially beneficial to the Australian Economy, which is always short of skilled labourers when an economic boom occurs. But yet again if this happen the asylums seekers may take jobs, which are already held by Australians, by possibly offering to work for a lower wage. So it is a contentious issue, in my opinion, I reckon we should put what's good for the nation always ahead of us, first. :)

Freakstyler09

HSC
the fact that they are locked up and treated like criminals on christmas island=problem.

your foolish if you think the reason detention centres were created was to help people.

we have no legal obligation but we have a humanitarian obligation.
Quite True, but if you consider it, Asylum Seekers could always wait it out, I mean don't you think it's unfair for other migrants who are applying for citizenship to wait such a long time, while asylum seekers could just jump the que.Also another thing is that Asylum Seekers should scrafice some of their freedoms, even if it seems like an infrigement of their human rights. After all, the situation that they will be in after they are granted citizenship would be alot better than their own countries.Thus a little waiting time, in so "called" jails would not hurt as much. But in my opinion there should also be training programs incorperated into these so called 'Jails'

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
i think asylum seekers should be enslaved i mean it's better than living in afghanistan right

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Quite True, but if you consider it, Asylum Seekers could always wait it out, I mean don't you think it's unfair for other migrants who are applying for citizenship to wait such a long time, while asylum seekers could just jump the que.Also another thing is that Asylum Seekers should scrafice some of their freedoms, even if it seems like an infrigement of their human rights. After all, the situation that they will be in after they are granted citizenship would be alot better than their own countries.Thus a little waiting time, in so "called" jails would not hurt as much. But in my opinion there should also be training programs incorperated into these so called 'Jails'
no.
what do you mean 'so called jails'. go visit christmas island, naroo etc.

these people have no access to the frigging 'queue', they are doing what they have to do to escape a dangerous and oppressive situation. whats 'unfair' is that these people are being thrown in jail.

why on earth should they have to be incarcerated just because life in australia is going to be more pleasant then the country they have come from? what a ridiculous statement.

Garygaz

HSC
Cause all boat people are refugees, ayyyee

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Yeah, holy shit PEOPLE ARE USING LOGIC AGAINST ME???

Hahaha no, you're just being a douche and repeating yourself until someone agrees with you.

Quiet fool.
nothing you have said has been remotely logical, that statement that someone made and you called logical was just a dickload of fallacies strung together.
just because something is true for one thing does not make it so for another
(comparing a maths society to learning or language or whatever bullshit it was)

Lentern

HSC
I swear arguing with ash is like banging your head against a wall- she keeps saying the same shit over and over no matter how many people poke holes in her opinions. Shutup already.
Oh be quiet you went as close as you ever will to making a point pages back.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Yeah sure man let's dissolve the government so we can let in more people to take our jobs for cheaper.
Yeah guys, because there is a set pool of jobs to go around.
/sarcasm

It's like everything you type, no matter the topic, is wrong. GG

Edit:
On topic, the answer is yes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)