Should I choose Economic? (1 Viewer)

chrisnumber1

HSC
Oh, do you think i can get an ATAR of 95+ if i do gud?
My first goal is B. of Commerce (Actuarial Studies). They ask for an ATAR around 98.0.
little cliché but okay, just so you know even actuarial studies has essays so try to work on your grammar and spelling. just curious but are you considered an international student or an Australian student?

chrisnumber1

HSC
Also it can people stop calling it economic....its the whole 2 dollar thing all over again!!!

chrisnumber1

HSC
considering she's spoken the language for a year and a half, i'd say she's doing fairly well........ still...
the hsc markers wont know that, the person marking her assignments and exams won't take that into consideration(at least they shouldn't) and i seriously think that some markers would cry due to the destruction of their much loved language.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
the hsc markers wont know that, the person marking her assignments and exams won't take that into consideration(at least they shouldn't) and i seriously think that some markers would cry due to the destruction of their much loved language.
i know that, im hypothesizing that her English would've further improved by the HSC

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't understand why you don't take Vietnamese. Surely if it's your first language it'll be so easy for you! I know someone who was Hungarian and came 1st in the state in Hungarian Continuers I think. They did like no work in it too because they were fluent.

I say you take bio over any humanities, and I'd say business studies would be the easiest humanity for you (considering English is your second language). But really, all humanities typically involve lots of writing, so you'd need to improve your language skills which will most likely happen over the next two years...

Your English is extremely good for the amount of time you've been here! It's easy to understand what you are saying, but you have some grammar issues you'll have to improve on.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't understand why you don't take Vietnamese. Surely if it's your first language it'll be so easy for you! I know someone who was Hungarian and came 1st in the state in Hungarian Continuers I think. They did like no work in it too because they were fluent.
I agree well and truly with this. Mina, you should honestly consider doing Vietnamese.. even if it does involve a cost of $1,000~

If you do extremely well and that and attain a high state ranking, and let's be fair dinkum this will be very probable.. it will scale you up like crazy; and a high ATAR to boot as well!!

MinaDoan

HSC
So, ....
I should consider Vietnamese, Business Studies and Biology.
I think i will choose Vietnamese and Business Studies
(instead of Biology because it nearly drags my mark down to a B in semester 1 report !!!!!!!)

At last, my yr 11 subjects are:
_ Math Ext 1
_ ESL
_ Physic
_ Chemistry
_ Business Studies
_ Vietnamese

@ bOOm: "it will scale you up like crazy" lol, is that called "exaggeration"?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)