Should i do extension english? (1 Viewer)

mecramarathon

HSC
:mad1: Due to circumstances, i have the choice of doing extension english 1 and dropping a subject (2 unit).

Is the course hard and how does it compare to english advanced?

Should I do it? (I got 94 for my school certificate)

Air Jordan

HSC
Do you enjoy english? If you do then I'd say go for it ^^
94 is way good, I know tones of people at my school who got below 94 and are doing Ext English (although SC is very different from what you will be doing in Ext 1)

HSC
The only thing that really should plague your mind is whether you will be able to handle the workload and if you like the subject.

Your marks are good so you do show some knowledge in the area so they really are the only two questions you should be asking yourself.

JollyJohn

HSC
N/A
ext1 english scales well you should do it if your english ability is good

bored of sc

HSC
:mad1: Due to circumstances, i have the choice of doing extension english 1 and dropping a subject (2 unit).

Is the course hard and how does it compare to english advanced?

Should I do it? (I got 94 for my school certificate)
Same mark as me when I did it (difference is my mark was a fluke). :) Do it if you want to do it, not because you can academically. Honestly, it's a lot of work (so I've been told) and you have to have a passion for literature and a way with the english language/words/vocabulary. From the SC performance you are more than capable at doing it. :)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
The important thing to ask yourself is - do you enjoy english?

If yes - then by all means take up Extension English. But if the answer is no - then don't. I took up Extension English in the Preliminary and I didn't like it so I ended up dropping because I don't like English.

LordPc

HSC
Give it a try, no reason not to because you got an excellent SC mark.

IMO its much more enjoyable and interesting than the Eng Advanced course, and you dont have to study as many texts, just 3 for the entire HSC year. It also scales well and gives you an extra shot and an english unit. 2 units of english will count in your HSC so why not take up extension english and give yourself a 2nd shot an an english course incase you under perform in advanced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)