• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

should i do hsc chem? (1 Viewer)

Dylan420

HSC
hey guys
im going to tafe next year for hsc maths and i was also thinking about doing chemistry which im high interested in.
however due to working commitments im not quiet sure i can handle the load.
is it a hard subject, how much work is needed to fully understand all the course content?

ibbi00

HSC
I think 'hard' would be an understatement. It's a whole shitload of work, mate. Not something fit for TAFE's learning environment.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys
im going to tafe next year for hsc maths and i was also thinking about doing chemistry which im high interested in.
however due to working commitments im not quiet sure i can handle the load.
is it a hard subject, how much work is needed to fully understand all the course content?
The concepts are easy, but there's a LOT of rote learning and memorising boring stuff in the HSC syllabus. Year 11 chem was the shizz =]

NewiJapper

HSC
iSplicer said:
Year 11 chem was the shizz =]
Really? I found Prelim chem one of the most boring subjects in science I have EVER learnt. HSC chemistry was so much more interesting!

Kamal15

HSC
Ultimately, choose the subjects you will enjoy. I know this kinda sounds cliché, but from my personal experience, this is DEFINITELY true. You will always excel in the subjects you enjoy. For me, I originally took biology as a subject to fill up my free periods. It ended up being the subject I enjoyed the most. Although I spent the least time studying biology, it was the subject I performed the best in =]

As for chemistry, the word load is not insane. If you put in the effort to study a moderate amount every night, then acing chemistry is very possible. While a lot of it is memory, alot of the course is also very logical and well linked together.

Good luck with all your exams!
Definitely true.

masterdrag

HSC
I heard it was 30% calculations and 70% theory for HSC Chem? not toosure, someone correct me if i'm wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)