Should I do science? (1 Viewer)

kpq_sniper017

*girl04* said:
we only got a weel to decide, annoying but hey
i guess u would have an idea of what u would want to do even before receiving subject selection forms etc. it's still a bit harsh to leave only a week though....maybe 2?

kpq_sniper017

*girl04* said:
we only got a weel to decide, annoying but hey
i guess u would have an idea of what u would want to do even before receiving subject selection forms etc. it's still a bit harsh to leave only a week though....maybe 2?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
umm, sif you weren't thinking about it before you got the forms anyway
i knew what subjects i was going to choose by the time yr 10 started

A

abdo

Empath said:
Well, I finish IPT this year if thats whats u mean.. ^^;

On a completely unrelated subject, how much time did u guys get to choose your subjects? We had our subject selection night (and forms) on this monday, and we were expected to choose by this friday! IMO 4 days just isn't enuff for choosing something as important as ur sujects for yr 11 and 12...
its not important at all, well a bit if you're stupid.

i used think year 9 subject selection was important... now i don't. same goes for hsc and proly uni degree now.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
to me the hsc is heaps imortant ^^^ like more important than uni ( i know most ppl do the hsc so they can move on 2 uni, but the hsc is like the big thing)

afta???

HSC
work hard in yr 12 n bludge in uni...my current philosphy

kpq_sniper017

*girl04* said:
to me the hsc is heaps imortant ^^^ like more important than uni ( i know most ppl do the hsc so they can move on 2 uni, but the hsc is like the big thing)
i don't know that the hsc is bigger than uni (IMO), since employment after uni is generally based on ur uni degree. although, employer's still look at your hsc results 10 years later, so the hsc is still v. important.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Yeah the HSC is the easiest and first way to get into uni. Thus, why not take the first opportunity?

You may find that some courses in uni require you to do chemistry-incase you may change your decision of to what you want to do in uni. I dont think i've come across a course whose prerequisite is physics/biology. My 2 cents is I think you should keep your options open and pick a science pref, chem. It is a hard and demandind subject, but if you pay attention and keen to work, then things will ship ahead for you.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i decided within 10 minutes of being notified of the options...*shrug*

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
umm, sif you weren't thinking about it before you got the forms anyway
i knew what subjects i was going to choose by the time yr 10 started

i wasnt thinking about it before we got forms ...as if! why would i think abouyt it before they gave us information about subs? none of my frienz really care. .. i talked to a couple of year 12's and that was it.

yeah it was pretty harsh we only got a werek. spesh since i went on holidays giving me only 5 days to hand it in. also we were told 1st in best dressed in realtion to fitting into courses

Estel

Tutor
HSC
"i decided within 10 minutes of being notified of the options...*shrug*"
I did that too.

Big mistake.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Estel said:
"i decided within 10 minutes of being notified of the options...*shrug*"
I did that too.

Big mistake.
im pretty happy with my choices atm. stupid english though.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
JamiL said:
i new what subjects i was goin 2 do from yr 8.....
SCIENCES all 3 and 3u maths, english adv ... but i never knew i had 2 do SOR :(
i thought I did, then other crap happened and now I hate french. cute french guy disappeared to nowhere as well. :(

Matthaeus

Yeah i think one of the biggest prob is that they dun give you enough information about subject choices, like our school gave a presentation about the science subjects and what it involves and i realli appreciated it.

Now to do science it scales pretty nice but its realli annoying to do, like in chem they can get pedantic and physics doesnt have much physics in it, then pray you have a good science teacher otherwise u have to be hardcore or get a tutor. But an important thing is that u need science to do adv science subjects in uni (provided u go to usyd, the best science uni, no bias there :D).

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Consider what you want to do after school and what courses in University/Tafe you might be interested in. If you're going to do something that has no relation to science, then don't waste your time. Check course prerequisites and recommended studies before you make your decision.

I personally hate science with a passion so I'd say no, don't do it:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)