Should I repeat year 12? (1 Viewer)

hotdimsim

HSC
that one extra oppurtunity to do med obv...
Yes. Med is hard enough to get into without the tunnel vision that comes with coveting a certain uni (this happened to me with monash, although different course). Turn your focus from the uni to the course and youll save a lot of heartache if you dont get in (sorry to be the pessimist, just being honest from experience)

And tmahendradatta had a great point. By doing sci or med sci you are studying with like minded students (many might have the same aspirations as you) and you can see what your learning can apply to what you want to do. By going to uni your still moving forward with your life (and youll be better for it) but going to school will take you back to square one (think about having to do year 12 - minus your friend, the comfort of a school you know etc. you'll end up doing worse than the first time, i promise you)

Andi0390

HSC
Like most people here, I don't think you should repeat year 12.

The things is, the ATAR isn't about intelligence or capability. There are plenty of intelligent people who never go to university, and there are plenty of pretty stupid people who go there. Getting a very good ATAR is about being smart, and being motivated, and working hard, and putting in the hours when the other people are off doing other things. You didn't do that, you said it yourself, you were slack. The people who did get the high ATARs did put in the time, did put in the effort, and they are intelligent.

So you missed out. Sure you could do it again, and in my books, with your ATAR, thats kind of cheating, but I'm sure you don't care what I think. You have to think though, isn't it time to move on? You had your chance, you screwed it up, and in my mind, for situations like yours, there shouldn't be do-overs. There are plenty of second chances. I was under the impression that internal transfers at UNSW were based only on uni marks (I could be very wrong there, just something I heard). If that were the case then you would just have to do really well in your first year. Or like many others have said you could do post-grad.

High school is over. Leave it behind. Move on. You're going to lose all your youth for this if you keep going for do-overs. Keep advancing and learning and make the best choices, but do it all while moving forward.

04er

HSC
If I were so set on med then I'd definitely repeat. Either way, I wish you all the best :)

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
You can always do PG Med...I (like most others) say enrol in a Bsc or BMedSci, work hard and get a brilliant GPA, then go into Med. The undergrad will train you to think like a uni student, develop your work ethic and assignment skills and prepare you for the postgrad, plus it will give you another dimension to your learning. What help is studying bloody Clueless or whatever it is in HSC English again going to do? So many kids get to uni and can't even reference properly...it's a BIG learning curve.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
repeat years K to yr 12 imo. its the best way to make sure you dont miss something important.

magnito

HSC
if u repeat now, dont u miss out on 15% or so worth of assessment mark?

umakaka

HSC
N/A
I have just finished my 2009 HSC and is thinking of redo-ing some of the subjects again @ liverpool tafe to get a better ATAR, keeping some of my highest marks. I'm just wondering if i HAVE to do preliminary and HSC together in one year. i just want to do yr 12 HSC :S or is this depending on which tafe i go to?

jswlms

HSC
Repeating year 12 seems like a waste of time, since there are other solutions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)